PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Black surgace on Door

martin@wolfy
26-01-2009, 05:25 PM
I was in between putting this in here or the detailing section however decided here as more relevant to A4.

My question is what do people polish the black glass looking section on the doors with? I thought glass cleaner would do it however it just leaves it with a dull residue. Also has anyone polished the aluminium brightwork with anything and if so what? Hand book states not to use chrome cleaner.

Thanks

Wolfy!!!!

mluton
26-01-2009, 06:00 PM
I was in between putting this in here or the detailing section however decided here as more relevant to A4.

My question is what do people polish the black glass looking section on the doors with? I thought glass cleaner would do it however it just leaves it with a dull residue. Also has anyone polished the aluminium brightwork with anything and if so what? Hand book states not to use chrome cleaner.

Thanks

Wolfy!!!!

Meguiars Quick Detailer is a good allrounder, works great on windows.:biglaugh:

awtaylor
27-01-2009, 11:00 AM
A couple of layers of Collinite 476s wax worked for me. Can use it on the side windows too.

mkc
27-01-2009, 11:01 PM
Go careful cleaning the black high gloss door frame, it shows swirls and light scratchs like nothing else. Same for the piano black inlays if you have them. Im currently using baby wipes on the high gloss on the door and then removing the residue with a clean micro fibre in a single downwards sweep. They do get washed with the snowfoam and rinsed off but I do not put a washmitt or drying cloth near them

Same for the chrome around the door frames and grill.

On the piano black on the inside, everyone is informed not to touch them on the way into the car and I just lightly brush them with my mrs make up brush that I stole when she wasnt looking. If she finds out Ill tell her she doesnt need it........ :D

kodkod.84
27-01-2009, 11:49 PM
[On the piano black on the inside, everyone is informed not to touch them on the way into the car and I just lightly brush them with my mrs make up brush that I stole when she wasnt looking. If she finds out Ill tell her she doesnt need it........ :D[/quote]

Oh dear Audi OCDness alert!! :D

martin@wolfy
28-01-2009, 09:23 AM
I'm with MKC , when you spend your cash on something you should look after it.

You are not wrong about the swirl marks though on the black, i noticed them at the weekend and thats what got me thinking about how best to clean and polish them. Guess i am now stuck with the swirls.
I understood the interior piano black would scratch easily and have took great care with those, never thought that anything external would swirl that easily, and i have been really careful aswell using the two bucket method and a real decent mit.

wolfy!!!!

B6Andy101
05-02-2009, 11:28 PM
On the piano black on the inside, everyone is informed not to touch them on the way into the car :D

No kids I take it !! :D

LRS
07-02-2009, 06:14 PM
For piano black on the inside I recommend the following very good product:

Plexus Plastic Cleaner

You can find it here:

http://www.motorgeek.co.uk/plexus-plastic-cleaner-protectant-polish-p-269.html

http://www.plexusplasticcleaner.com/about.html