PDA

View Full Version : Flippin Keyed!!

Eshrules
04-03-2007, 01:00 AM
ok, set the scene, i go to the cinema, in my nice golf gt tdi, pracitcally spotless paintwork and i end up getting in a disagreement with some audi who ignores the one way system, him being in the wrong. i park up, but he must of seen where i parked, the results of which are attached. so when i find this bar steward i shall be smashing every single light and window on his company A4.... why is it when you've worked so hard to afford something, so many people seem to be out to ruin it for you,

its been keyed all the way down from rear passenger door to the back quarter panel, right down to the metal, no lacquer, no paint, nothing, this f*in pillock knew exactly what he was doing... whats even worse is the fact that he drove an Audi!!

now i need some help and advice, is there any way of getting the repairs on my insurance? if so, is it likely to affect my no claims, as im building up my first years worth..... secondly, if anyone knows of any decent bodyshops in my neck of the woods, working at reasonable rates,id be much obliged :)

considering just getting shut and going back to bangers....:mad:

davegwynn
04-03-2007, 01:18 AM
**** man. What an *******. That really sucks.

Hope there's someone on here who can do you a deal getting it sorted. :(

Eshrules
04-03-2007, 01:19 AM
**** man. What an *******. That really sucks.

Hope there's someone on here who can do you a deal getting it sorted. :(

im hoping someone knows this p***k, i cant beleive it mate, im 22 for god sake, i work ruddy hard to get the things i get and sum pompus t**t just comes along and does that :( i wana know where the justice is in that

Huweth
04-03-2007, 01:33 AM
Wow, that has really got me angry!
Your best bet is to ask around local garages for a recomendation of someone who will repair it. It should involve sanding back an area a bit wider than the scratch, then priming/painting/laquering. I should also be heat cured.
Don't have someone do it on callout at this time of year. It's too cold/damp and won't work.
As for insurance, I'd be very suprised if they will cough up anything without affecting your premium this year/next. Get a quote for the work, then save up so you can pay yourself. It's harder that way, but over the next few years the money you save without the increased insurance premium will more than cover it.
I feel for you...

Eshrules
04-03-2007, 01:47 AM
Wow, that has really got me angry!
Your best bet is to ask around local garages for a recomendation of someone who will repair it. It should involve sanding back an area a bit wider than the scratch, then priming/painting/laquering. I should also be heat cured.
Don't have someone do it on callout at this time of year. It's too cold/damp and won't work.
As for insurance, I'd be very suprised if they will cough up anything without affecting your premium this year/next. Get a quote for the work, then save up so you can pay yourself. It's harder that way, but over the next few years the money you save without the increased insurance premium will more than cover it.
I feel for you...

i know, thats what i thought, major problem is of course my £450 excess, so chances are even if they did pay out for it, id be paying the majority. i do have a 'friend'who works in a bodyshop, but the 'discount' he offers is negligble.

good point on the callout, i didnt think about that tbh. ill have a word with kid brother in the morning, his garage uses a paint shop, may be able to wangle a reduction that way.

most annoying/upsetting thing about it is knowing its been done by some vandal but the police will neither bother to look for, nor find the little scrote.... i wouldnt have minded so much on a white/silver car, but indigo blue, like black or any other dark colour just shows it up like buggery.

thanks for the concern huweth, tis appreciated

Huweth
04-03-2007, 01:55 AM
I just did a quick search for companies that remove scratches. While most of them won't give a price as they're so variable, one charges £40 for the first hour, £25 thereafter. Assuming it takes a few hours to do, it should cost anything like as much as your excess. In the past I've seen images of repairs to similar damage and they were pretty damn good. You'd probably have to really look to see it afterwards.

Snowdance38
04-03-2007, 02:07 AM
Sorry to hear some one keyed your car.. That sucks.. To bad you are not around here.. You could drop by my shop and if you did most of the work I could shoot it with my air brush and clear coat the panels.. Cost you about 40 bucks US for the paint color paint and I always have lots of clear coat around here.. Nothing for my time except a couple beers.. Well maby one more than a couple.. Grin..

RickT
04-03-2007, 11:20 AM
Any chance you saw this reg plate???

RickT

RickT
04-03-2007, 12:21 PM
I know it does not.... but if you see him about who knows....

Eshrules
04-03-2007, 03:59 PM
I know it does not.... but if you see him about who knows....

i already had the same thought, but no :( i didnt get his reg plate and the other flip side being, that very small chance it wasnt him and i'd end up getting caught 'returning the favour'

spilt milk and all that, my bro's going to ask the paintshop that does the work for his garage for a quote, failing that i can get a full respray all over for £350 including the small bogging thats needed for my front bumper (previous damage before i got it) so if all else fails, ill be going for that....

obviously, these business men (apoligies to any honest business men) earn so much money they have no respect for other peoples property, i know what the guy looks like though so if i ever see him.... :AR15firin

Eshrules
04-03-2007, 04:00 PM
Oh Carl, thats so cowardly ,he was not man enough to approach you so if did you car , i feel sorry for you i really do , i know when someone did this to our M5 i felt sick ,we had it up one side of the car from front to back and that was out side play group then i had to go home and tell Andy , i wont say what happened next, but i do feel for you ( Big Hug x )

All i can tell you is we had a scratch repairer do the job and although he did the best he could, you could still see the marks if you looked closely :(
Andy ended up booking it into a paint shop he knew £300 later and all looked as good as new again.

Honestly i know im a female but road rage just isn`t worth it (easily said i know) best to just ignore and go about your business , hope you get it sorted Carl
Lisa x

thank you :D

ian
04-03-2007, 05:11 PM
im 22 for god sake, i work ruddy hard to get the things i get.

i know, thats what i thought, major problem is of course my £450 excess,

firstly mate, i am truely sorry to of learnt whats happened to your pride and joy !!

i have only had my licence a few month and with my car i have to pay £1250 excess if anything happens to it, (did this to keep insurance premiums down) the price us young or new drivers have to pay to have a nice car !!

keep your head up mate, im sure the tw4t who did this to your motor will get his comeuppance !!!

i just hope your there to see it, revenge is a beautifull emotion !!

Eshrules
04-03-2007, 10:22 PM
firstly mate, i am truely sorry to of learnt whats happened to your pride and joy !!

i have only had my licence a few month and with my car i have to pay £1250 excess if anything happens to it, (did this to keep insurance premiums down) the price us young or new drivers have to pay to have a nice car !!

keep your head up mate, im sure the tw4t who did this to your motor will get his comeuppance !!!

i just hope your there to see it, revenge is a beautifull emotion !!

thanks for the support mate.

i think ive learnt probably one of those lessonsin life we all learn... just keep your mouth shut and your head down.... not going to bother with the police their worse than useless. :(

benGT
05-03-2007, 10:17 AM
im hoping someone knows this p***k, i cant beleive it mate, im 22 for god sake, i work ruddy hard to get the things i get and sum pompus t**t just comes along and does that :( i wana know where the justice is in that

S*** Carl, what a b****.

Like Lisa/Andy I know what its like someone did my 306 some years ago, both sides, bumper to bumper. And from what I can remember i hadn't upset anyone at the time, (i doubt the missis did it :D ). There's a lot of jealous people out there!!
Same as you put a lot a money and effort to getting what you want and somebody just comes round and f***'s it all up. Cost me about £300 to get it done but the job wasn't brilliant by any means at first it looked spot on but after a time the paint started to bubble slightly and streaks became visible. It pays to shop around, best price doesn't always mean best job.

Chin up mate :biglaugh:

Eshrules
05-03-2007, 10:40 AM
S*** Carl, what a b****.

Like Lisa/Andy I know what its like someone did my 306 some years ago, both sides, bumper to bumper. And from what I can remember i hadn't upset anyone at the time, (i doubt the missis did it :D ). There's a lot of jealous people out there!!
Same as you put a lot a money and effort to getting what you want and somebody just comes round and f***'s it all up. Cost me about £300 to get it done but the job wasn't brilliant by any means at first it looked spot on but after a time the paint started to bubble slightly and streaks became visible. It pays to shop around, best price doesn't always mean best job.

Chin up mate :biglaugh:

ta... its nice to know im not the only one who feels like that.... judt so ruddy annoying that someone wants to ruin your pride and joy! i think im all decided now anyhoo, dont think il be bothering with my intended upgrade end of next year, be keeping this me thinks and just running it to the end.....

my bros mate has quoted £130 all in for the spray, i know his works good, he resprayed his bmw 316 in a pearl metallic black and it looked the dogs dangleys...

ta for the support :d

Sam
05-03-2007, 10:49 AM
Yes it sucks, yes it's happened to me, twice.

ChipsAway the first time - currently arguing with them over the dullness of the paint one year later.

Local garage the second - spotless repair.

Carl, get CCTV footage (it's everywhere) and calm down before posting next time ;)

Eshrules
05-03-2007, 10:55 AM

ChipsAway the first time - currently arguing with them over the dullness of the paint one year later.

Carl, get CCTV footage (it's everywhere) and calm down before posting next time ;)

i wouldnt have thought they'd release the CCTV footage unless i reported it to the police.. who wont want to investigate it anyway? :confused:

benGT
05-03-2007, 10:59 AM
i wouldnt have thought they'd release the CCTV footage unless i reported it to the police.. who wont want to investigate it anyway? :confused:

No they won't let you anywhere near the CCTV till you get a crime number from the police.........and like you said then what?!?! :confused:
They'd be too busy harassing motorist's to look into anyway I'm sure!!

Eshrules
05-03-2007, 11:18 AM

i've reported to the police, Cineworld wont release the cctv, if any, until you'd done that... done it check :)

cctv coverage please ... oh hang on says cineworld, not sure if we even have any cameras, let alone if they caught anything.... with it being dark :confused: im currently waiting on cineworld contacting the 'landlord' of the cinema to see if they have any cctv footage of the nice person who did the deed. ill keep you posted :Blush:

Sam
05-03-2007, 11:28 AM
You have a right, by law, to view any CCTV that contains footage of yourself.

Don't ask me how I know :P

Eshrules
05-03-2007, 12:03 PM
You have a right, by law, to view any CCTV that contains footage of yourself.

Don't ask me how I know :P

LOL but they could get around that and simply show me the footage that has me on it no else LOL im waiting on cineworld at the moment, if i dont get a call back today, ill be ringing them again tomorrow and asking to speak to a manager, i wont be letting this go until i have to.....

i knew the data protection act came into force matey, but ill have to have a look tonight and see if they actually have any cameras on there :(

Mark A4
05-03-2007, 01:52 PM
Sorry to hear about that! It might not have been done by the person you suspect but just by some stranger out of jealousy, or even a handbag, button, jeans stud, scratching along as they tried to get in their own car. Still it's lack of respect however it happened!

Exactly as mentioned above you are entitled to any CCTV footage that has you or can relate to you (your car) This can be requested under the Data Protection Act and is for a fee of no more than £10. They would have 40 days to supply you with a copy of the tape or tapes which have you or your car. If they don't comply you can apply to the court to oblige them to comply and also ask for imprisonment of whoever deals with the CCTV (Data Controller) - so it has to be taken seriously! If this is something you would like to do then drop me a pm and I will write up a template letter for you.

Eshrules
05-03-2007, 01:57 PM
Sorry to hear about that! It might not have been done by the person you suspect but just by some stranger out of jealousy, or even a handbag, button, jeans stud, scratching along as they tried to get in their own car. Still it's lack of respect however it happened!

Exactly as mentioned above you are entitled to any CCTV footage that has you or can relate to you (your car) This can be requested under the Data Protection Act and is for a fee of no more than £10. They would have 40 days to supply you with a copy of the tape or tapes which have you or your car. If they don't comply you can apply to the court to oblige them to comply and also ask for imprisonment of whoever deals with the CCTV (Data Controller) - so it has to be taken seriously! If this is something you would like to do then drop me a pm and I will write up a template letter for you.

thanks for the offer :D i will bear it in mind, it would appear that cineworld are dragging their feet as i still havent had a phone call back!

as for the actual damage, nope, this was defo intentional, its been scraped down to the metal, in a line, no way on earth was it done by accident, the side which it's been done on was parked at the end of the row facing the road if you get me, no other cars on that side.

thanks a lot for the offer though, i may take you up on it :approve:

Sam
05-03-2007, 02:12 PM
thanks for the offer :D i will bear it in mind, it would appear that cineworld are dragging their feet as i still havent had a phone call back!

as for the actual damage, nope, this was defo intentional, its been scraped down to the metal, in a line, no way on earth was it done by accident, the side which it's been done on was parked at the end of the row facing the road if you get me, no other cars on that side.

thanks a lot for the offer though, i may take you up on it :approve:

I've got my letter too ;)

Working where I do has the odd perk.

I also have pics of key scratches that'll make you cry (think they're in another thread on here somewhere).

Good luck, just keep ringing them.

Teutonic_Tamer
05-03-2007, 02:33 PM
Jeeez, this kinda stuff really makes my blood boil!!!!

Carl, I'll echo the thoughts of the other posters here.

To clarifiy a few points, firstly, a CRIME has been commited, so go back to the BiB, and demand that it is reported as such, so that you can get a crime ref number. If they still mess you about, just ask them for a written copy of their complaints procedure, kindly advising them they have a duty to record ALL reported crimes - they can't pick and choose which they can be ar$ed to deal with. Ask them for the name of the force Chief Constable, along with his address. Mention phrases like "local Police Authority" (different to the actual Constabulary), "Police Complaints Authority", "local Councillors", "Members of Parliament". I'm sure this will jog them into re-considering their stance!

As others have also mentioned, there are two separate methods of obtaining CCTV footage, the first deals with crime (hence the crime reference number), the second is a civil issue, to do with Data Protection. Whatever you do, you MUST formally write to the centre manager, Recorded Delivery, formally requesting the CCTV footage, for the purposes of criminal damage investigations. Even if you don't get footage straight away, the letter will compel them to keep the footage. Should they subsequently loose, or bin the footage, they would be liable to prosecution under Attempting to Pervert the Course of Criminal Justice - which any CCTV operator would be fully aware!

Whatever you do, don't get the insurance company involved. You would obviously have to pay your excess, next years premium would be loaded, a vandalism risk would be added to your insurance history, etc . . .

As painfull and bitter as it may taste, the best thing would be to bite the bullet, and pay up out of your own pocket. I had heard that ChipsAway were supposed to be OK, but Sam seems to have a different experience! At the end of the day, many of these chip repairers, dent buster kind of outfits are simply franchesed operators - and the individual skill and care can vary!

Oh, and a final tip, if you do have a run-in (;)) with another driver in future, try not to park up somwere where they might find your car!

Rgds :beerchug:

ian
05-03-2007, 02:48 PM
Oh, and a final tip, if you do have a run-in (;)) with another driver in future, try not to park up somwere where they might find your car!

Rgds :beerchug:
or if you do have another road rage instance or do return to the cinema in question, park in good view so the cctv is always on your car and gets good footage.

i always try ot park i good view of the cctv.

try not to let the bar*stuards have an oppertunity.

Eshrules
05-03-2007, 02:57 PM
hindsight - 'tis a beutiful thing. i understand the points being made, just extremely hard to walk away from some numpty driving the wrong way in a one way system who then gives you abuse for the pleasure of nearly being hit by him.

i've got a crime number, the predicament i have now is trying to find out who's respsonsible for the CCTV, (if any i stil have to check they haev cameras) as it isnt cineworld who own the car park, it is the owner of the 'site' as its on a retail park sorta thing :mad: feel likeim chasing my own tail

ian
05-03-2007, 03:17 PM
i've got a crime number, the predicament i have now is trying to find out who's respsonsible for the CCTV, (if any i stil have to check they haev cameras) as it isnt cineworld who own the car park, it is the owner of the 'site' as its on a retail park sorta thing :mad: feel likeim chasing my own tail

stick with it mate :beerchug:

ian
05-03-2007, 03:20 PM
Or walk away/ drive away from road rage in the first place guys ( its more manly ;)

yes i agree but retreat is seen as i sign of weakness, and also buy walking away it shows that your not letting the incident bother you, which just makes the other bloke more angry and more than likely go after your motor.

Eshrules
05-03-2007, 04:30 PM
yes i agree but retreat is seen as i sign of weakness, and also buy walking away it shows that your not letting the incident bother you, which just makes the other bloke more angry and more than likely go after your motor.
]
im not usually one for 'causing trouble' i simply made him aware of his error and thought nothing of it.... he obviously decided to take it fruther, his ignorance and cowardness is nothing more than a display of just how pitiful an example of a human being he truly is.... i am a great believer in karma...what goes around, comes around. i had to laugh the other day, the kind neighbour who kicked in my car door, his transit van, which he so proudly cleans every saturday @ 9am on the dot with his JCB pressure washer... well it wouldnt start hehe:biglaugh: even better, when he went to get into his vauxhall astra (in snooty voice) 'cabriolet', the car wouldnt let him in, must have been something wrong with his alarm.... oh how i smiled

ian
05-03-2007, 04:51 PM
im not usually one for 'causing trouble' i simply made him aware of his error and thought nothing of it.... he obviously decided to take it fruther, his ignorance and cowardness is nothing more than a display of just how pitiful an example of a human being he truly is its a sham that this is the sort of scum in society today....
i am a great believer in karma...what goes around, comes around. i had to laugh the other day, the kind neighbour who kicked in my car door, his transit van, which he so proudly cleans every saturday @ 9am on the dot with his JCB pressure washer... well it wouldnt start hehe:biglaugh: even better, when he went to get into his vauxhall astra (in snooty voice) 'cabriolet', the car wouldnt let him in, must have been something wrong with his alarm.... oh how i smiled

isnt it just sweet when that happens !!

Teutonic_Tamer
05-03-2007, 06:33 PM
hindsight - 'tis a beutiful thing. i understand the points being made, just extremely hard to walk away from some numpty driving the wrong way in a one way system who then gives you abuse for the pleasure of nearly being hit by him.

Unfortunately, you're still relatively young. As you gain a little more "life experience", you sometimes learn to respect that somtimes, it's better to give in, and walk (drive) away - sommat to do with strength of character. ;)

Well, the crime ref number is a start - but either the local council, or the BiB Crime Prevention Officer should give you the details, as CCTV is strictly regulated, and both the plods and local councils have to have the details of the operators.

Teutonic_Tamer
05-03-2007, 06:37 PM
yes i agree but retreat is seen as i sign of weakness,

Not at all - it actually shows strength of character, as taught in all good conflict resolution practices.

and also buy walking away it shows that your not letting the incident bother you, which just makes the other bloke more angry and more than likely go after your motor.

Only if you left your car there in the first place - doh. The best form of retreat would have been with the said wheels. ;)

ian
05-03-2007, 06:51 PM
Not at all - it actually shows strength of character, as taught in all good conflict resolution practices.

yes but all cowards, bullys and muppets would see it as weekness as they dont know any better.
also they would try use it to there advantage to make them feel big !!

Teutonic_Tamer
05-03-2007, 07:27 PM

yes but all cowards, bullys and muppets would see it as weekness as they dont know any better.
also they would try use it to there advantage to make them feel big !!

That is where you completely miss the point though! In their own feeble little minds - and so what if it makes them feel big. That just gives me even greater comfort, with my greater sense control.

Teutonic_Tamer
05-03-2007, 10:30 PM
I tried to say that but no one listened to me :(

Yebut - your just a burd . . .

fx/on <runs for cover> fx/off ;) :D

your more of a man if you walk away , walking away takes courage , courage show`s inner strength.

So true. I'm glad you appreciate the finer qualites of the stronger sex . . .

I'm treading on thin ice . . . :D

;) X

RickT
06-03-2007, 12:34 AM
I tried to say that but no one listened to me :( your more of a man if you walk away , walking away takes courage , courage show`s inner strength.

Thats one way to look at it.... i dont think it makes you feel better tho! LOL!

RicKT

Teutonic_Tamer
06-03-2007, 09:40 AM
I tried to say that but no one listened to me :( your more of a man if you walk away , walking away takes courage , courage show`s inner strength.

Thats one way to look at it.... i dont think it makes you feel better tho! LOL!

Well it should make you feel better - think of it another way; if you walk away, you've just proven to yourself that you have the "better" moral judgement, by refusing to rise to the potential flash-point that could occur! Unless you are a young 'un, too? ;) :D

Eshrules
06-03-2007, 10:11 AM
Well it should make you feel better - think of it another way; if you walk away, you've just proven to yourself that you have the "better" moral judgement, by refusing to rise to the potential flash-point that could occur! Unless you are a young 'un, too? ;) :D

i can understand what you're saying TT :p sometimes it just isn't that simple..... and unfortunaley, i dont have the luxury of time travel, so its all spilt milk now bla bla bla

went to the scene of the crime last night, no CCTV from what i can see, so not got much hope of getting the guy who did it, just going to have to bite the bullet and sort it myself :(

ian
06-03-2007, 10:27 AM
i can understand what you're saying TT :p sometimes it just isn't that simple.....

i all depents on the individual and the arrising situation.

went to the scene of the crime last night, no CCTV from what i can see, so not got much hope of getting the guy who did it, just going to have to bite the bullet and sort it myself :(

get some overtime in at work and within a few weeks you'll have it sorted and forgotten about it. :beerchug:

Eshrules
06-03-2007, 10:30 AM
i all depents on the individual and the arrising situation.

get some overtime in at work and within a few weeks you'll have it sorted and forgotten about it. :beerchug:

overtime :confused: whats that then LOL they dont do it at my place.... currently on the scrounge for a bar job ... anyone in stalybridge need a bar man at weekends? LOL

Teutonic_Tamer
06-03-2007, 10:37 AM

i can understand what you're saying TT :p sometimes it just isn't that simple..... and unfortunaley, i dont have the luxury of time travel, so its all spilt milk now bla bla bla

Oh, I fully agree with that. You can't turn back the clock, and undo the wrong stuff. You can, however, put it down to one of those experiences in life that you (hopefully) learn from. I'm sure any of us who have silver mop-tops often look back to some of the things we got upto in our younger days, and wonder to ourselves why on earth we did certain things. Unfortunately, there is no Haynes manual for "life skills". ;) :D

went to the scene of the crime last night, no CCTV from what i can see,

Are you certain?? CCTV cameras are often camoflaged, sometimes they actually look just like standard lampposts, rather than the obvious camera shape. Surely the BiB or the local council should be able to confirm the existance of CCTV.

so not got much hope of getting the guy who did it,

Another option, could you write into the local newspaper, briefly stating what happened, and ask the paper to print an article, asking if anybody witnessed it, and to contact the paper, rather than you directly ????

just going to have to bite the bullet and sort it myself :(

Aye. Have you looked in the yellow pages, or yell.com for companies like ChipsAway? Speak to two or three different companies, then at least you should get an overall opinion on whether the "chip-touch-up" types could do the job, or whether it would need a proper bodyshop?

Chin up, worse things happen at sea, as the saying goes! :beerchug:

Teutonic_Tamer
06-03-2007, 10:41 AM
anyone in stalybridge need a bar man at weekends? LOL

Have you checked your life insurance policy - does it cover you for "dangerous activities". ;) :D

Eshrules
06-03-2007, 10:50 AM
Oh, I fully agree with that. You can't turn back the clock, and undo the wrong stuff. You can, however, put it down to one of those experiences in life that you (hopefully) learn from. I'm sure any of us who have silver mop-tops often look back to some of the things we got upto in our younger days, and wonder to ourselves why on earth we did certain things. Unfortunately, there is no Haynes manual for "life skills". ;) :D

Are you certain?? CCTV cameras are often camoflaged, sometimes they actually look just like standard lampposts, rather than the obvious camera shape. Surely the BiB or the local council should be able to confirm the existance of CCTV.

well i had a look, but couldnt see any, how would i go about contacting the relevant person? who would i need to ring TT? :(

as for the newspaper idea, good thinking, and if they dont actually have CCTV, maybe a bit of bad press will force them into getting some...

as for the actual repair, my bros mate can do it all in for 120, not bad i dont think and he knows what hes doing....

Teutonic_Tamer
06-03-2007, 12:06 PM
well i had a look, but couldnt see any, how would i go about contacting the relevant person? who would i need to ring TT? :(

As you now have a crime reference number, this is now all above board. Either the Crime Prevention Officer of the local Police Force, contactable through the local 'nick. Alternatively, contact the local Council - does Manchester City Council cover it? I know, log into www.UpMyStreet.com (http://www.UpMyStreet.com), and put in the post code of the cinema car park, and it will defo list all the relevent councils, the local MPs, and a whole host of other stuff. Phone up the council listed, and they should have some kind of "community relations officer / crime reduction officer / or even the Licensing Department".

How new is the cinema complex? Does it have any "Secured Car Park" scheme signs around, or warnings on the pay machines about CCTV monitoring?

You really need to get you Sherlock Holmes deerstalker and magnyfying glass out! :D

as for the newspaper idea, good thinking, and if they dont actually have CCTV, maybe a bit of bad press will force them into getting some...

Absolutely. You know what they say about bad press coverage, and general feedback. If you've had a good experience/service from somewhere, you'll probably tell just one person. If, on the other hand, you ahve a bad experience, then you'll tell 10 people, shouting from the rafters! Bad news travels like wildfire! Bad publicity just might force the cinema insurers to load their premium, or improve the security . . . .

as for the actual repair, my bros mate can do it all in for 120, not bad i dont think and he knows what hes doing....

Oh, that isn't too bad at all . . . a bit of a relief that you won't have to sell a kidney to fund the repairs! ;) :D

Eshrules
06-03-2007, 12:12 PM
As you now have a crime reference number, this is now all above board. Either the Crime Prevention Officer of the local Police Force, contactable through the local 'nick. Alternatively, contact the local Council - does Manchester City Council cover it? I know, log into www.UpMyStreet.com (http://www.UpMyStreet.com), and put in the post code of the cinema car park, and it will defo list all the relevent councils, the local MPs, and a whole host of other stuff. Phone up the council listed, and they should have some kind of "community relations officer / crime reduction officer / or even the Licensing Department".

How new is the cinema complex? Does it have any "Secured Car Park" scheme signs around, or warnings on the pay machines about CCTV monitoring?

You really need to get you Sherlock Holmes deerstalker and magnyfying glass out! :D

Absolutely. You know what they say about bad press coverage, and general feedback. If you've had a good experience/service from somewhere, you'll probably tell just one person. If, on the other hand, you ahve a bad experience, then you'll tell 10 people, shouting from the rafters! Bad news travels like wildfire! Bad publicity just might force the cinema insurers to load their premium, or improve the security . . . .

Oh, that isn't too bad at all . . . a bit of a relief that you won't have to sell a kidney to fund the repairs! ;) :D

ok, well i took your advice and phoned my local 'nick' on the back of a discussion with my 'local support' office. they keep changing their damned names, why you cant tell one copper and that be that... god knows but anyhoo, im still waiting for a call back, will ring them again this afternoon.

im going to go on they mystreet thing in a min lol and as for the bad press, ill be typing up a letter to the advertiser and MEN about it, MEN might not touch it, but advertiser will im sure.

the cinema has been there about 5/6 years i think now, its not dead old, but its a free car park and their aren't any signs about cctv, other than the usual disclaimers about damage to your car... so im not sure how i stand with that one, certiainly isnt right though....

i shall have another drive up this afternoon, in daylight, and have a good look around and see what i can see

ta for the help TT much appreciated matey :D

Teutonic_Tamer
06-03-2007, 12:47 PM
the cinema has been there about 5/6 years i think now, its not dead old, but its a free car park and their aren't any signs about cctv, other than the usual disclaimers about damage to your car... so im not sure how i stand with that one, certiainly isnt right though....

"Free car park" - hmmm, that doesn't help your cause. If you had to pay for car parking, then they have a legal "duty of care" to look after your property, dispite any "disclaimer" notices they may display!

Is the "free" car park not actually subsidised by the cinema - something like "free car parking with valid cinema ticket - otherwise pay up ;) "?

i shall have another drive up this afternoon, in daylight, and have a good look around and see what i can see

The "hidden" type of CCTV cameras can often look like lamp posts, but have a dark smoked glass goldfish bowl covering the camera. Others can be hidden inside similar smoked glass domes on the side of building walls. Just have a nosey around, looking for unusual objects!

ta for the help TT much appreciated matey :D

No worries, glad to help! :beerchug:

skymaster
06-03-2007, 04:34 PM
Very sorry to hear this. I too am very angry on your behalf. My golf got Keyed on the roof back in 2004. The roof is the hardest and sometimes most expensive panel to paint on a car so they knew what they were doing.

These people are just the worst low life scum. Often it's brought about through their own anger that they are too much of a loser to every afford a shiney new car. I wont write what I would like to do to these scum as it's not really appropriate for this respectable forum.

ian
06-03-2007, 04:43 PM
These people are just the worst low life scum. Often it's brought about through their own anger that they are too much of a loser to every afford a shiney new car. I wont write what I would like to do to these scum as it's not really appropriate for this respectable forum.

im sure we all share the same thoughts as you mate, ppl are passionate about different things, but since a car is most likely to be the second most expensive item your ever to own, those like us who are passionate about there cars, dose that make it worse ??

i just spent 5hrs washing and multi coating mine, if some one was to vandalise my car, i would loose the plot !!

if you could dish out your own justice, maybe ppl would think twice about messing with other ppl's property !!!

Eshrules
06-03-2007, 04:46 PM
im sure we all share the same thoughts as you mate, ppl are passionate about different things, but since a car is most likely to be the second most expensive item your ever to own, those like us who are passionate about there cars, dose that make it worse ??

i just spent 5hrs washing and multi coating mine, if some one was to vandalise my car, i would loose the plot !!

if you could dish out your own justice, maybe ppl would think twice about messing with other ppl's property !!!

do you know what makes it even worse..... every saturday the car gets cleaned inside and out, wheels with the toothbrush, everything (i have nothing to do LOL)

id spent a full saturday just t-cutting and waxing to get rid of the all the tiny tiny imperfections and scratches.... i neednt have bothered :mad:

ian
06-03-2007, 04:54 PM
id spent a full saturday just t-cutting and waxing to get rid of the all the tiny tiny imperfections and scratches

but dont you feel good when its all done and you stand back and see all your hard work ??

dont let it get you down !! we all sympathise with you on this !!

skymaster
06-03-2007, 05:07 PM
The sad fact these days is that if you caught someone in the act of scratching your car you are powerless to do anything. Even if you see them do it the police wont lift a finger. If you let your anger get the better of you and give them a hiding then you are stuffed. If they are under 16 then you are triple stuffed!

With certain figures of authority (if you call call them that) going as far to condone scratching cars (4x4s in particular) what chance do we stand. The motorist just has to lump it.

If I see some bloke driving an £80,000 car I dont feel outraged that he has one and I dont. It just shows me that I could have one if I pulled my finger out of my behind and got on and earned some more money. But I guess thats why I have never vandalised a car.

ian
06-03-2007, 05:19 PM
your right, the law is pretty usless.

unless you actually video them in the act your stuffed !!

RickT
06-03-2007, 05:57 PM
Have you managed to get a quote then?? or even booked it in?

RickT

Eshrules
06-03-2007, 07:41 PM
Have you managed to get a quote then?? or even booked it in?

RickT

i've got my bros m8 doing it end of next month, its a b***h being on monthly pay.... he said heel do it all in for £120, £150 to touch up my front bumper and spray that as well, so may as well while its in...:(

MalcQV
06-03-2007, 09:42 PM
Very sad news, I can't even imagine why somebody does this sort of thing. I own an old Ferrari and know an awful lot of owners who get their cars spat on amongst other things. This is quite simply pathetic behaviour. It is usually down to jealousy. Are you really sure it was the Audi driver? Stinks of some real lowlife scum.

I hope your brother's mate puts it right for you ;)

NicholasP
07-03-2007, 11:31 AM
I understand how you feel..gutted! Yesterday, some BM X5 cut across me at a round about I nearly had to swerve off into the grass. Made me so mad, I shot off after him and overtook him dangerously until i realised I was being just as stupid as he was...

Good thing this guys audi wasnt parked close by.. scratching up his car would have put you both in the wrong and achieved little..

Furthermore, you don't KNOW it was him..could have been scrawny little teenager with nothing better to do! **** happens...its part of owning a car...but you wouldn't want to be cycling around would you?

Good luck fixing it mate :beerchug:

SoulTaxi
26-03-2007, 12:34 AM
Sorry to hear about this Carl, whoever did this is a proper lowlife scumbag.. Whether it was the Audi driver or not. I had this done to me with my first motor and I know how you feel.. This kinda stuff makes my blood boil.. I just had my A4 done too but just out of carelessness.. In one week someone reversed into me and popped my front bumper out, then some clever t*t in a car park caught passenger side with their own door and took it down to the bare metal..:zx11: .. I'm afraid there's some proper idiots out there that shouldn't be in charge of a vehicle full stop, and some other idiots that should just leave other peoples' property alone..:aargh4: Hope you get/got it sorted.. ;)

Eshrules
26-03-2007, 12:45 PM
whoever did this is a proper lowlife scumbag

trust me, whoever did this must have a death wish.....

i have since had a follow up call from the police, the conclusion?

there is no CCTV, although there are 'plans to install some in the forseeable future'

ironic, i said. i pay through the nose, to watch a film, through which chavs did nothing but talk and mess with mobiles. i come out to see my car vandalised, more than likely by another chav and all you can tell me is they're thinking about putting CCTV up. He then advised me 'undercover police have been working on the car park to try and reduce this type of crime' another irony.... conversation went along the lines of chocolate and fireguard, shortly before i hung up.

waste of time space and ruddy tax payers money.:( **end of rant**

SoulTaxi
26-03-2007, 01:05 PM
I'm inwardly ranting with you!! :aargh4: I live on a no through road with a school at the end, came home from work at end of school, when all the mummies were there in their range rovers/RAV 4's etc no parking places and i had a gig to go to which means several trips of loading heavy stuff into my car.. So i parked in the middle of the road to load up and got hassle from a rozzer with nothing better to do than have a go at me.. While i managed to stay calm and polite while suggesting that mums with silver spoons in their mouths should move their chuffin' great busses out the way I couldn't stop thinkin that this guy should've been out tryin to catch some real criminals instead of a musician just tryin to make a living..I wasn't even blocking anyone in!!.. :zx11: Chocolate + Fireguard= CORRECT!!! Really feel for you Carl, hope you get your car sorted mate..:beerchug: