PDA

View Full Version : Polish/wax on a white car

tlionhart
25-01-2009, 03:21 PM
Im going to be getting a white car soon. Someone told me that the polish and waxes that autoglym do shouldn't be used on a white car...is this a load of rubbish?

elitedetailer
26-01-2009, 01:22 AM
Im going to be getting a white car soon. Someone told me that the polish and waxes that autoglym do shouldn't be used on a white car...is this a load of rubbish?

Autoglym will be fine on it but there is also far better kit available.

Is it a brand new car?

Here is a simple kit which will last you years and is far greater than Autoglym:

http://www.elitedetailer.com/cgi-bin/hcat_catalogue.cgi?fa=display&id=113&crid=&cmrid=1&cmpid=2

Regards
EliteDetailer

tlionhart
26-01-2009, 11:07 AM
I always use autoglym products. However i also have some really good compounds for scratches. (g4 compound) is what i think its called? A detailer said that the lifeshine is a waste of money. Because polish breaks the protection layer. Is that true?

elitedetailer
26-01-2009, 11:14 AM
I always use autoglym products. However i also have some really good compounds for scratches. (g4 compound) is what i think its called? A detailer said that the lifeshine is a waste of money. Because polish breaks the protection layer. Is that true?

Yes polish will break through any kind of protection that is offered by a wax/sealant. With ref. to compounds, I think you mean Farecla G3/G10. Its nothing special, old school and there are far better quality products available now. Autoglym is the same, its ok but nothing special apart from a couple of their lines.

Thanks
EliteDetailer

tlionhart
26-01-2009, 12:38 PM
with a new car do you have to add some kind of protection balm? I noticed on the audi accessory section there is a 'new car balm'. Does this need to be applied? (costs about £7) Or is it a case of just getting the car home and adding my own wax or sealants you recommended?

elitedetailer
26-01-2009, 12:48 PM
with a new car do you have to add some kind of protection balm? I noticed on the audi accessory section there is a 'new car balm'. Does this need to be applied? (costs about £7) Or is it a case of just getting the car home and adding my own wax or sealants you recommended?

No you don't need their "balm". Just use your own kit.

Thanks
EliteDetailer