PDA

View Full Version : help passat tdi 130 misfire

jonathan bees
24-01-2009, 09:06 PM
iif i drive car sowly an accelerate very gentley all is fine bit is you put your foot down hardish in any gear ecpt 1st and 2nd you get a sort of bad misfire/hesitation car starts fine revs up from idle fine and no engine light on ect just this bad prob when driveing (also it i pulled vacume pipe of turbo and drove car. it is then verry sluggish but no misfire or hesitation

caldirun
24-01-2009, 10:26 PM
iif i drive car slowly an accelerate very gently all is fine bit is you put your foot down hardish in any gear except 1st and 2nd you get a sort of bad misfire/hesitation car starts fine revs up from idle fine and no engine light on etc just this bad prob when driving (also it i pulled vacuum pipe of turbo and drove car. it is then very sluggish but no misfire or hesitation
Check the injector wiring loom, the connectors come loose, cylinder 1 seems the culprit. If it gets worse it will show a fault and the ESP warning lamp will illuminate.

jonathan bees
24-01-2009, 10:44 PM
i have unplugged and plugged them all back in still the same (the prob is not inttermitant it is there all the time its just when you put your foot down under load

caldirun
25-01-2009, 07:19 AM
iif i drive car sowly an accelerate very gentley all is fine bit is you put your foot down hardish in any gear ecpt 1st and 2nd you get a sort of bad misfire/hesitation car starts fine revs up from idle fine and no engine light on ect just this bad prob when driveing (also it i pulled vacume pipe of turbo and drove car. it is then verry sluggish but no misfire or hesitation
Check vacuum lines, turbo hoses and NGV actuator.

jonathan bees
25-01-2009, 02:07 PM
all vacume hoses are all ok does seem a bet worst when cold

q

jonathan bees
27-09-2009, 07:43 PM
forgot to reply sorry

it turned out to be a blocked fuel filter changed it and it sorted it (goes to show)