PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Audi 100 2.3E - delay in acceleration

yakub
24-01-2009, 05:22 PM
Good Day everyone;

Need urgent help, my Audi 100 2.3E , AAR engine have difficulty in acceleration. There's delay or hesitate to accelerate. Twice I was nearly hit by another car when getting out of junction.

I've changed new air flow and fuel distributor, the problems still exist. Pls help any one.:1zhelp:

towcestervag
24-01-2009, 11:41 PM
is the aif flow sensor plate set up correctly as these where set differently to k jet

yakub
25-01-2009, 03:07 PM
The air flow is brand new and I was advised no to do any adjustment or temper with it as it had been adjusted to spec.

Pls advised.:1zhelp:

towcestervag
26-01-2009, 04:58 PM
the 2.3 engine had loads of mods done to it for running faults different temp senders/vac units alsorts! i think i have listings for this somewhere but have you set up the co level ie mixture?

yakub
26-05-2009, 03:21 PM
Good Day Everyone;

Solved the problem already.
How i did it ?

I took out the TB and notice that, the opening and closing is normal, BUT the funny thing is that, when it closed. there's a gap on the TB wall.

I took another TB and pour unleaded gasoline, the oil stay within the TB and the one I took out from the car definately it went through.

After I changed the TB, WOW!!!!!!!, My idling is VERY VERY GOOD and I have no more problem in acceleration.

PROBLEM is air leak INSIDE the system itself causing abnormality to air supply from the air flow and through the TB.

Hopes this could help those with same problem to check your TB.

Yakub :biglaugh:

A100forever
01-06-2009, 06:31 AM
Sorry for my ignorance, but what is "TB"?

yakub
01-06-2009, 07:24 AM
TB is Throttle Body.

Yakub

scotty33
06-06-2009, 10:17 AM
Good Day Everyone;

Solved the problem already.
How i did it ?

I took out the TB and notice that, the opening and closing is normal, BUT the funny thing is that, when it closed. there's a gap on the TB wall.

I took another TB and pour unleaded gasoline, the oil stay within the TB and the one I took out from the car definately it went through.

After I changed the TB, WOW!!!!!!!, My idling is VERY VERY GOOD and I have no more problem in acceleration.

PROBLEM is air leak INSIDE the system itself causing abnormality to air supply from the air flow and through the TB.

Hopes this could help those with same problem to check your TB.

Yakub :biglaugh:

Hi,

I think the gap around the throttle plate is normal, this allows the correct amount of air for the engine to idle. If the 'new' throttle body has no gap, there is no airflow! The car can still idle if the Idle air screw has been adjusted to compensate, or the idle stabiliser valve can also compensate.
My guess is there was a problem with the throttle position sensor on the underside of the throttle body