PDA

View Full Version : a3 1.8t 1999 non starter

geord
03-03-2007, 07:08 PM
hi all desperate for help just came home after 2 weeks away leaving my car with girlfriend and shes somehow managed to kill it.:zx11: she reckons it started getting harder and harder to start until it just wouldnt its never been a problem starting before until she got her hands on it

engine turns over but just wont fire checked the plugs and ive got a good spark

noticed fuel filter was ancient so i changed it out while i had it off i put the ignition on to check the fuel pump and it was spraying out fine

took fuel line off before it goes into injector and it was the same

im thinking its got to be a sensor somewhere but dont know where to start please help :1zhelp:

geord
03-03-2007, 07:15 PM
im in newcastle and didnt think it had come this far up

geord
04-03-2007, 02:26 PM
also have just noticed that when i turn the car over for about 10 seconds the oil display comes up on the display panel with a loud alarm tone any ideas anyone please

jimflint80
16-08-2007, 12:56 PM
Hi Geord,

I've just registered to see if I can get help with exactly the same problem - I see that you posted this in March - did you manage to get it fixed?

If you did find out what it was, can you let me know?

Thanks!

Jim

geord
16-08-2007, 08:44 PM
hi jim,
i did get it sorted i had it to three different garages and plugged into three different compuers with no joy but i read on the internet that the ecu has its own map settings for air flow so what i did was unplug the mass air flow senser and started the car it started no probs so it was the air flow senser i ended up buying one but apparently if you spray the "chip" with a bit wd40 and give it a wipe this can also work so try that first. mine cost £50 for a new one but ebay has them on for about £30 if you can wait hope this helps let me know how you get on or if you need anymore help
geord
ps if yours is over fueling like mine was it might take a bit to start as it will be flooded