PDA

View Full Version : Question 2007 Fabia 1.9TDi

treddall
23-01-2009, 09:32 PM
I purchased a new Fabia 1.9TDi in 2007. Since driving the car I noticed a 'flat spot' as it used to be called in older cars. This is evident each time I change gear. My son also noticed it. As I have had Fabia previously without this problem, I reported it to the dealer. I was also getting a pronounced shudder starting the engine from cold. The dealer's service manager also noticed the 'fault'. A rep. from Skoda came and tried the car and said that it must be my driving as it seemed perfectly ok to him. I pointed out that the service manager had noticed the same 'flat spot'. The car went into service, they changed the glow plugs to try and solve the starting problem. The car still has the flat spot which is annoying changing gear and the very cold starting still shudders. Has anyone had the same problem. Skoda says it doesn't exist but it seems like a fuel 'set up' fault to me. My previous Fabia was a 2004 and did not have these faults. Thanks.

JVOB
01-02-2009, 01:46 PM
Hello Treddall,
Dont stand for it..get in touch direct with Skoda Customer Service and make sure they give you a log number and you should ask for an open warranty job card at your dealer. This effectively should insulate you from not getting the matter solved even if it is "eventually". Skoda will then have to resolve the problem even if it means taking the car back to a factory designated repair centre.
But as you are presumablystill under factory warranty, could you not stuff it back to your main dealer and on getting a loan free tell them to "keep yours, as you don't want it back untill it's positively cured"!!
JVOB