PDA

View Full Version : Insurance

robtd
22-01-2009, 09:25 PM
Just been reading a thread there about towing dolly's and it got me thinking.

I dont have a caravan at the moment but bought my A6 Tdi Quattro thinking it would make a brilliant tow car.

Do you need to be insured to tow a caravan or trailer? Through your car insurance? Do they charge a lot for this?

Any thoughts?

Cheers:beerchug:

Rob

Ben
22-01-2009, 09:31 PM
ask them.

martin1810
26-01-2009, 09:51 PM
Your Insurance documents should have a clause on them saying if you are covered for towing or not. If it don't say you will have to ask.

anthonychall
01-02-2009, 07:05 PM
Most insurance companies will cover you third party only on your caravan - so if it hits anything then it will cover the other vehcile/object/person who MAY hit. If you wanted cover for the caravan whilst being towed or contents cover then you would need to arrange that by your self.

southamptonadi
11-03-2009, 11:36 AM
Most insurance companies will cover you third party only on your caravan - so if it hits anything then it will cover the other vehcile/object/person who MAY hit. If you wanted cover for the caravan whilst being towed or contents cover then you would need to arrange that by your self.

anthony is dead right and just for info i insure my caraven through the camping and caravan club for £35 a year, would recomended insuring a caravan as plenty of thiefs about and if your a little unsure of towing a caravan its handy if you do crash it(hoping you wont though)

adi