PDA

View Full Version : Help with a VAG code please.

Whocantellyer
03-03-2007, 02:14 PM
At last I have some vag codes, one I can find, the other I cannot, any ideas just what fault 17916 might be, it is one of the engine fault codes. thanks in advance to anyone that can help.:1zhelp:

RickT
03-03-2007, 05:24 PM
was it

17916 P1508 Idle Sys.Learned Value Upper Limit Attained

??

Was this via VAG-COM or a code reader?

RicKT

Col
03-03-2007, 06:18 PM
To me it sounds like it has reached the limit to which it can self adjust and regulate. I'd be looking for an air leak on a vacuum hose as the cause.

Whocantellyer
03-03-2007, 11:49 PM
Thanks for the replies, both are much appreciated, to answer RicKT, the number was from a code reader, my second question would have been what does that mean :confused: .
Thanks to BigCol that particular question is unnecessary, but it leads me to ask if the solution would also apply to a petrol engine, as I noticed that you have a diesel, that may be obvious to some, but for my own peace of mind, I have to ask ;)
My prevoius post with reference to my car (engine stopped), was that it required an engine crankshaft sensor, but that was guessed at prior to getting the code reader, hopefully I will be getting to be a little more au fait with modern diagnostics, I hope, one day I may be able to help someone as I have been helped, once again, thanks fellas.

Col
04-03-2007, 12:34 AM
My answer was with particular reference to a petrol engine as ususaly, the only systems controlled via vacuum on a diesel are turbo actuation and egr, neither really effect idle.

As above though, check your vacuum lines first as this may provide the cheapest fix.