PDA

View Full Version : 19" on a VW Sharan......

WelshBoa
21-01-2009, 08:11 PM
We bought a VW Sharan on an 04 plate a few months ago and it had some really nice 19" alloys on it - although they are not in keeping with the car as well as the possible speedo mis-calculations etc.

As well as that my wife has had to have two puncture repairs and a new tyre in that time. Dont know if its conincidental (my wife assures me she is driving carefully) but they just are not suited to the car.

Looking to buy some other alloys and sell these as they are unmarked. When I put the number plate into the Tyre selector it says the Sharan is on a 205 / 60 / 15 / H / 91

However all the alloys I have seen being sold aftermarket etc when using car search start at 16"? 15" does sound a little on the small side but dont want anything over 16".

Is there anything else I need to indicate - I presume its a 5 spoke adjustment but if I am buying them over the internet I want to buy something that will fit......guessing passat alloys of same size should be ok as well as Alhambra and Galaxy sets?

Just want a bit of advice as never chopped and changed around with alloys before.

Thanks

100andthirty
21-01-2009, 09:30 PM
As far as I am aware, all Mk2 Sharan, Galaxy and Alhambra models have 16 inch rims as a minimum.

WelshBoa
21-01-2009, 10:16 PM
Well yeah 15" sounds like pepper pot wheels especially on a MPV. Funnily when i checked for a price in a VW dealership and asked for 16" they said the Sharan came with 15's though....

Are there any type of nationwide franchise where you can drive in and get them fitted to ensure they are ok? Suppose there is *********.