PDA

View Full Version : Pet Hates.....Discuss

Eshrules
03-03-2007, 09:24 AM
Ok, as per another thread about mobile phone users whilst driving, i thought it would be quite funny and enlightening to see if i share the same pet hates as any of you kind lot, i've tried to list my 5 worst, could go on all day other wise LOL

1.4x4 drivers - arrogant, think they own the road and abuse their size to push through ques or obstructions (this has to be my worst)

2.scrote racers sticking to your rear bumper, thinking their clever in their "1.2 16v" (insert generic boy racer car here)

3.Business car drivers(you know who i mean, merc/bmw/saab/etc) who think they can ignore the set speeds on the m.way, eg near the trafford centre or any other roadworks, speed limit is set at 40, but they just have to go that extra 10mph and do 50 dont they....why? :mad:

4.people who cant use roundabouts - first of all they get in the wrong lane, then they cut you up without indicating, then they decide its not that lane they want and then crawl until they figure out where they're going

5.car-park rage - especially tescos in stalybridge! - people who get all 'possesive' over their parking space, whats that all about?! theres like another 500 spaces all around you, you havent even got a kid!:mad:

RickT
03-03-2007, 10:45 AM
Ok, as per another thread about mobile phone users whilst driving, i thought it would be quite funny and enlightening to see if i share the same pet hates as any of you kind lot, i've tried to list my 5 worst, could go on all day other wise LOL

1.4x4 drivers - arrogant, think they own the road and abuse their size to push through ques or obstructions (this has to be my worst)

I like to fight back with these and show them whos really boss!!

2.scrote racers sticking to your rear bumper, thinking their clever in their "1.2 16v" (insert generic boy racer car here)

Its ok... till they go to pass you and you drop it a gear!!

3.Business car drivers(you know who i mean, merc/bmw/saab/etc) who think they can ignore the set speeds on the m.way, eg near the trafford centre or any other roadworks, speed limit is set at 40, but they just have to go that extra 10mph and do 50 dont they....why? :mad:

Im from over in Halifax, and the M62 from Birch to M60 around Trafford centre is on of the fastest flowing motorway at non peak time... ie every one seems to go at about 90mph.. which is good....Roadworks... if i know there SPEC'S there its time to hit the cruise control!

4.people who cant use roundabouts - first of all they get in the wrong lane, then they cut you up without indicating, then they decide its not that lane they want and then crawl until they figure out where they're going

A massvie pet hate of mine... or people that cant decided to go at a MINI roundabout!! how hard is it... GIVE WAY TO THE RIGHT!!

5.car-park rage - especially tescos in stalybridge! - people who get all 'possesive' over their parking space, whats that all about?! theres like another 500 spaces all around you, you havent even got a kid!

I have to say... i have got 'possesive' once other a space... thats becuase i was at the Trafford Centre and it was busy like normal.. i was sat there indicating for this space for a min or 2 while this guy packed up his family into their car... he reversed out towards me and to my amazment this Guy and women in a crappy Mirca drove into the space!! anyway... the window goes and abuse is shouted from my part he and she sat their not listening... anyway i was fuming and remeberd what they looked like!! (i them saw them in John Lewis... so i decided to go "ask" them why did they decided to "nick" my space. LOL!!.. to get a reply of... im really sorry.. i didnt see you there!! i guess i had to let them off!! LOL!!

I was mad!!!

So.. apart from that... nothing... LOL!! YOU HAVE GOT ME STARTED NOW!!!

One thing to add....

People who sit on the outside lane of a motorway at 70MPH and think there respecting the law and wont move above.... when theres nothing in the middle lane!! (these type of people think.. the speed limit is 70MPH... YOU should not go any faster and they think there helping things... when in fact it is not there problem how fast you drive within reason.

Idoits that undertake on the motorway!!!!!!! i really hate these people!! its just crazy!!! if any of you are an undertaker... shame on you!! (excluding undertaker's ie...funeral !!!)

People that set off driving on a ice cold day with just a little port hole to look out of!

People that set off driving with all the windows misted up and are drivng at 20 mph because they cant see!!!

Idoits that dont understand the term.. "MERGE IN TURN" and try not to let you in if there in the left hand lane!!

BMW driviers dont use indicators....

Wrongly adjusted headlights!!!

Crappy GREEN LED's as Side lights!!

Neon lights under a car...... its not the states 20 years ago...

i think that may be all for today.... i will let you know if anything gets to me today!! LOL!!

Apart from the above... nothing bothers me!

Cheers

RicKT

The Stagg
03-03-2007, 10:47 AM
I've got one, specifically the guy driving the black range rover who was trying to get in my boot last night. If i'm doing 35 in a 30 zone I hardly think its necessary to try and push me along. That bugs me generally, and I always slow down to a max of 29 mph to annoy them further. Do these people not realise that when you try and intimidate someone you always get the opposite reaction from the one you were looking for?

Roundabouts definitely bug me too, mainly people coming onto a roundabout from the opposite direction from myself who are turning right. (so they will cross my path) So many people don't indicate right coming onto the roundabout, but when they exit they DO indicate left- when it doesn't really affect anyone! very helpful! :aargh4:

The Stagg
03-03-2007, 10:54 AM
... I do that thing with the misted windows by the way, :o and ice. I'm just always late for everything and refuse to get out of bed 5 mins earlier on a cold morning. sorry!

...oh, and people who throw fag ends out of their windows as if its not rubbish. Whats that about?? Its as if they are admitting its a nasty smelly habit and even they don't want their car to smell of it!......Either that or its the aforementioned BMW drivers who couldn't afford the ash tray on the extras list ;)

Teutonic_Tamer
03-03-2007, 11:04 AM
... I do that thing with the misted windows by the way, :o and ice. I'm just always late for everything and refuse to get out of bed 5 mins earlier on a cold morning. sorry!

Shame on you ;)

...oh, and people who throw fag ends out of their windows as if its not rubbish.

Aye, and think about the consequences if the person follwing you is not inside a coccon of steel and glass, but is actually a motorcyclist! :zx11: :zx11: :zx11: :zx11: :zx11:

I once had a ********** tip a full can of coke out of his window whilst driving along. :AR15firin

Either that or its the aforementioned BMW drivers who couldn't afford the ash tray on the extras list ;)

LOL - I like! :D

Teutonic_Tamer
03-03-2007, 11:15 AM
my additions:

pick-up trucks with 32 Cibe Oscars mounted on the roll bar,

pick-up trucks (any - why - get a transit!)

White vans, especially sprinters

DOFs

women with kids

school runs

7 seat MPVs with just one person

peeps who consider their level of driver skill by the length of wheelspin

baseball caps (wear them outside, inside your car has sunvisors!)

people who leave rear fogs on

people who sit at traffic lights with foot on the brake, dazzling those behind (that is what the handbrake is for!!!!!)

obscene body kits

Eshrules
03-03-2007, 11:22 AM
People who sit on the outside lane of a motorway at 70MPH and think there respecting the law and wont move above.... when theres nothing in the middle lane!! (these type of people think.. the speed limit is 70MPH... YOU should not go any faster and they think there helping things... when in fact it is not there problem how fast you drive within reason. Yup, i know exactly what you mean, although one thing that does annoy me,ill be in the middle lane, doing a gentle 80/85 and sum pratt will come flying up behind in the usual m3 or amg and sit on my tail, pushin me to go faster, inside lane full, outside lane empty..... we all know what they should do faggots just think they own the road!

Idoits that undertake on the motorway!!!!!!! i really hate these people!! its just crazy!!! if any of you are an undertaker... shame on you!! (excluding undertaker's ie...funeral !!!)

People that set off driving on a ice cold day with just a little port hole to look out of! LOL yeah i know what you mean and what sort of excuse would they give if they run the nearest old dear/school kid over?

People that set off driving with all the windows misted up and are drivng at 20 mph because they cant see!!!

Idoits that dont understand the term.. "MERGE IN TURN" and try not to let you in if there in the left hand lane!! Yep! and 4x4 drivers are the worst for this.... "im 10 tonne worth of scrap metal, im king of the road, you're just a little golf"!

BMW driviers dont use indicators....

Wrongly adjusted headlights!!!

Crappy GREEN LED's as Side lights!! <<<< Yeah! and these muppets who are driving around with either there damn sidelights on in pitch black so you cant see them, or they go the other extreme and drive around with their ruddy foglamps on!!!! <<<OMG thats one of my worst pet hates!!!

Neon lights under a car...... its not the states 20 years ago...<< come on didnt you know those make the car go faster? why else would all the chavs have them! LOL

i think that may be all for today.... i will let you know if anything gets to me today!! LOL!!

Apart from the above... nothing bothers me!

Cheers

RicKT

Eshrules
03-03-2007, 12:53 PM
All`s good with me, you lot need to chill out :wiggle:<<< and people like that too, those ruddy do gooders, sticking to exactly 29mph, braking half an hour before the light changes to amber and going up hills so slow i have to stay in 2nd :mad:

LOL i think i may need anger management :p

RickT
03-03-2007, 05:04 PM
AND PEOPLE THAT STARE AT YOU WHEN YOU ARE STOOD BEHIND THE BARRIERS ON THE HARD SHOULDER LINKE TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See my thread!!!

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=5913

Also... people who put the rear fog lights on in rain!! and people that dont turn them off when it stops raining!!

RicKT

davegwynn
03-03-2007, 08:16 PM
Has to be the merging in turn thing. That is the one way in which my rusty, never ever washed and slightly dented (but immaculately mechanically maintained) 10 yr old Hyundai was faar superior to the Passat. You could edge your way out, change lanes, etc and all those arrogant business types in their <year old BMWs and Mercs who decided that they weren't going to let you in, eventually, as you get closer and closer, decide with a blast on the horn and a raised middle finger that they *will* actually let you filter in turn. I miss that car. Looked mucky and dented (road parking on narrow streets) enough that it was never broken into.

Oh, I guess every single person (at about one per month) that bounced off my car as it sat outside the house. I swear about half the people that drove down that road (narrow, cars either side, touch-parking kinda place) must have simply pointed their cars vaguely towards the end of the road, and then richocetted merrily down to the end, where I guess they splashed into the Thames and washed out to sea.

Yeah, people driving down bus lanes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X34Pg9kI8lw&NR

Satisfying to watch. Except perhaps the *** in the wannabe black mercedes SUV style thing that had a kid in the back. But then, what kind of a parent speeds over a pedestrian crossing (note the people starting to cross as he appears), down a bus lane, with a kid in the car?

Teutonic_Tamer
04-03-2007, 11:25 AM
. . . . Yeah, people driving down bus lanes:

Satisfying to watch. Except perhaps the *** in the wannabe black mercedes SUV style thing that had a kid in the back. But then, what kind of a parent speeds over a pedestrian crossing (note the people starting to cross as he appears), down a bus lane, with a kid in the car?

Oh, that was so funny. I think bollards should rise in front of EVERY suv which is used in urban areas! :zx11:

The Stagg
04-03-2007, 11:40 AM
...crunchy nut lanes!.... i've sent off for my window sticker, but still no joy. There don't seem to be any near me anyway tho... ;)

The Stagg
04-03-2007, 11:43 AM
...also that advert that used to be on where the guy drove a citroen over a narrow bridge supposedly blindfolded. The idea was to show off the new system that detects when you go out of your lane at speed and sets off a warning siren to wake you up! Does this siren make different noises for right and left or would he just have to guess which edge of the bridge he was about to plummet from?

RickT
04-03-2007, 12:21 PM
lol

ian
04-03-2007, 04:11 PM
Yeah, people driving down bus lanes:

Satisfying to watch. Except perhaps the *** in the wannabe black mercedes SUV style thing that had a kid in the back.

that must really ---- (removed by mycarsavw) your car up, but its only what they deserve, that bloke in the black merc shoud get a royal beating for being stupid having a kid in the back !!!

ian
04-03-2007, 04:23 PM
PET HATES !!

people who swing out left to turn right....
people who swing out right to turn left....
poeple who interupt the flow of trafic....
aragant 4x4 drivers....
people who cant park straight....
people who when coming to a new speed limit suddenly hit the breaks (dangerous bar-stewards !!!!! )....
chav wannabie boy racers !! (kill them all)....
commo`n people, the cops that have nothing better to do than stop motorists !!! as if there wasnt any rapes, murder or crime for them to concentrate on !!!!....
PEOPLE THAT DONT GET OUT MY WAY WHEN I FLASH THEM, EVEN THOUGH THEY CUT INFRONT OF ME AND ARE DOING 25MPH SLOWER THAN ME AND MAKE ME SLOW DOWN!!! you wonder why people get assaulted !!....
peole that park on side of main roads.... the list is endless !!!:aargh4: :zx11: :aargh4: :zx11:

ian
04-03-2007, 04:31 PM
where i live there is a church and a main road runs right in front of it, now this church has a big car park out the back..... the stupid Church goes park on the main road and cause an obstruction...... if thats not the worst of it....after they have been bothering god for a hour or so half of them walk out the front of the church and attemt to cross the main road from between the dangerously parked cars.... they think that cos they said a few hail marry's that they are invinsible and that it wont hurt when i hit them doing 40mph...... NO!!!! YOU CANT WALK ON WATER YOU IDIOT !!!!!!.........why are people so stupid ??????

ian
04-03-2007, 04:33 PM
Ian mate chill out , go have a nice cupper and a bun.

this thred really got my going now, i may need something stronger than a cuppa i think !!!.....currently looking for my bag of green herbal medicine LoL (joke) :biglaugh:

ian
04-03-2007, 04:36 PM
Ok, as per another thread about mobile phone users whilst driving, i thought it would be quite funny and enlightening to see if i share the same pet hates as any of you kind lot

you really done it this time, havent you mate !!!! LoL :biglaugh:

RickT
05-03-2007, 11:37 AM
I think we have all hit a rea nerve here!!

RicKT

Eshrules
05-03-2007, 12:01 PM
another one for the list...

jealous little scrotes who cant do anything better than vandalise your car! no matter how well you look after your car, you cant stop this happening....

my first car (2001 fiat brava - perfect condition) rear passenger door got kicked in by a neighbour drunk out of their heads, police couldnt do anything because i had no 'proof' she'd done it

second car - current golf has so far, had one wing mirror cracked by some suicidal mondeo, front bumper dented by trolley & now passenger side keyed.

is it just me?:aargh4:

Mark A4
05-03-2007, 12:29 PM
A recently acquired pet hate of mine is sitting at a roundabout with a queue of traffic coming from my right with 99% of the people going straigt on so I can't go. The 1% of people turning left DON'T indicate - the one chance I have of getting out gone!

Another one is driving at the limit i.e. 60mph in a 60mph zone and someone sitting 3 inches from the back bumper trying to push me along!

People who don't put their trolleys in the trolley park after unloading the shopping into their car. The wind then blows them along a line of cars leaving a nice dent and a sounding alarm!

People who throw their finished, but still lit, cigarettes out the window.

Anyone else on the road when I am trying to use it! :Blush2:

Most days I can laugh most of the above off but on an off day it really makes my blood boil and ruins an overall pleasant driving experience.

Mark

bora(ing) nick
05-03-2007, 01:10 PM
Agree with the majority of the above.

Mine are....

1) people who sit in the middle lane on the motorway when theres nothing else on the road???
2) people who change lanes... then indicate.
3) little old ladies who cant see above the steering wheel.
4) people who cant reverse.
5) people who cant park
6) people who "swing out" the opposite way when they are turning
7) people who think that car bumpers are meant to touch when trying to park
8) people who need power steering and haven't got it, takes them 20 mins to turn the wheel!
9) double parking
10) Traffic wardens!!!!!!!!!

.......and breathe.

Eshrules
05-03-2007, 01:20 PM
Agree with the majority of the above.

Mine are....

1) people who sit in the middle lane on the motorway when theres nothing else on the road???
2) people who change lanes... then indicate.
3) little old ladies who cant see above the steering wheel.
4) people who cant reverse. **see below**
5) people who cant park **guilty as charged :( one thing they don't teach you when you're learning to drive is how to reverse park in a supermarket, parallel parking with enough room to park a bus is all very well and good, but parking 'properly' is an acquired skill :(
6) people who "swing out" the opposite way when they are turning
7) people who think that car bumpers are meant to touch when trying to park
8) people who need power steering and haven't got it, takes them 20 mins to turn the wheel!
9) double parking
10) Traffic wardens!!!!!!!!!

.......and breathe.

gazza57
05-03-2007, 01:59 PM
AND PEOPLE THAT STARE AT YOU WHEN YOU ARE STOOD BEHIND THE BARRIERS ON THE HARD SHOULDER LIKE TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See my thread!!!

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=5913

Also... people who put the rear fog lights on in rain!! and people that dont turn them off when it stops raining!!

RicKT

Agree with this one, somebody should tell them that when it's not foggy they can switch them off. You shouldn't use them in the rain they're fog lights for fog not rain lights!
Another of my pet hates is bloody rubberneckers, have often queued for 30 minutes on the M3 going home from work (50 miles each way) only to find that the accident is on the other carraigeway and all of our delays are caused by goomers who want to just gawp at the wreckage/carnage on the other carriageway.
In Italy on the autostrada they grow 2.5 metre high hedges in the central reservation so that you can't see what's on the other side.
Should do that here!
Another of my gripes is Tupperware tents ie caravanners, they should be made to drive between midnight and 6 am only.
As soon as the spring arrives, I shall have to try to get past convoys of these monstrosities weaving their way from lane to lane heading for the coast on a Friday afternoon.
GRRR......
Gazza57

Eshrules
05-03-2007, 02:14 PM
Another of my gripes is Tupperware tents ie caravanners, they should be made to drive between midnight and 6 am only.
As soon as the spring arrives, I shall have to try to get past convoys of these monstrosities weaving their way from lane to lane heading for the coast on a Friday afternoon.
GRRR......
Gazza57

LOL i love it.... this is hilarious to me, because my mum is one of those LMAO, i asked how long to skeggy (rented a cottage about 20 miles before skeggy for easter you see) she says 3 1/2 > 4 hours i was like :aargh4: nooo cant be. looked on theaa, turns out its about 2 2/12 hours, forgot she must do about 40mph :mad:

this leads me to another one of mine...

trucks, i know they havea job to play and all that, but do they really need to wait until your along side them to decide they want to have a surge of energy and overtake the truck in front? the amount of times ive pooed myself because the trucks indicated as i've entered its blindspot, with no room in the outside for mercs & bmws to actually move out into. :mad:

gazza57
05-03-2007, 02:15 PM
another one for the list...

jealous little scrotes who cant do anything better than vandalise your car! no matter how well you look after your car, you cant stop this happening....

my first car (2001 fiat brava - perfect condition) rear passenger door got kicked in by a neighbour drunk out of their heads, police couldnt do anything because i had no 'proof' she'd done it

second car - current golf has so far, had one wing mirror cracked by some suicidal mondeo, front bumper dented by trolley & now passenger side keyed.

is it just me?:aargh4:

No it aint just you mate,
Every car I have ever owned has been vandalised by some little scrote at some time or another.
And every time without fail the police can't do anything, they could've taken a sample of rubber from your damaged door and matched it to the trainers, (I bet she was wearing trainers) but the result doesn't justify the cost and thats the real problem.
They won't pay, the woman doesn't pay, it's just you that pays!
My wife had paint stripper poured along one side of her car, three panels £1750 because she dared to tell a lad he shouldn't be skateboarding where some old people were walking. We told the police, he had the motive, they didn't even bother to question him great eh?
In this country nobody cares!
Gazza57

bora(ing) nick
05-03-2007, 02:27 PM
just thought of another.....

parents who let there kids jump around on the back seat with no seat belts on.

Are these people mad?!!?!?!

If they crashed, and the kids were injured or worse, imagine the guilt....

ian
05-03-2007, 02:38 PM
trucks, i know they havea job to play and all that, but do they really need to wait until your along side them to decide they want to have a surge of energy and overtake the truck in front?

yes, why is it that trucks and lorrys decide to overtake when the motorway is straight but 8/10 times slightly uphill when clearly they dont have the power?????

also how arrogant AND not to mention how damn right DANGEROUS it is when they just decide to pull out infront of you.

gets me every time !!

ian
05-03-2007, 02:39 PM

it should be 3 points and £60 fine for being stupid and irrisponsible.

Teutonic_Tamer
05-03-2007, 06:21 PM
People who throw their finished, but still lit, cigarettes out the window.

Oi - I claimed that one somewhere up there ^^^^^^ :D

Particularly annoying for following motorcyclists! :zx11: :zx11:

RickT
05-03-2007, 08:18 PM

One point to add to this.... you see these people that let their kids run free in the back... if you check.. i would say 8/10 times the driver has "THEIR" seatbelt on.!!! how does that work??

RiCKT

RickT
05-03-2007, 08:19 PM
yes, why is it that trucks and lorrys decide to overtake when the motorway is straight but 8/10 times slightly uphill when clearly they dont have the power?????

also how arrogant AND not to mention how damn right DANGEROUS it is when they just decide to pull out infront of you.

gets me every time !!

yeah... i sat behind a HGV on the A1 overtaking for 5miles!! - Not impressed..... !!

Teutonic_Tamer
05-03-2007, 11:28 PM

gets me every time !!

yeah... i sat behind a HGV on the A1 overtaking for 5miles!! - Not impressed..... !!

They should do sommat with HGVs like they do over the channel. In Germany, trucks are banned from the roads on Sundays. In France, trucks are banned from overtaking on dual carriageways when the two lanes are separated by a solid white line, and often for quite long streches (miles and miles). Pehaps if we removed our 56mph speed limiters, at least the trucks could overtake a bit quicker!

RickT
06-03-2007, 12:09 AM
The simple answer for tuckers is as stated in the highway code

144: Being overtaken. If a driver is trying to overtake you, maintain a steady course and speed, slowing down if necessary to let the vehicle pass. Never obstruct drivers who wish to pass. Speeding up or driving unpredictably while someone is overtaking you is dangerous. Drop back to maintain a two-second gap if someone overtakes and pulls into the gap in front of you.

Problem solved..

LOL!!

RicKT

LimEs
06-03-2007, 05:20 AM
Annoying old biddys(biddies?) who live across the road who despite having a garage and drive, assume that the road space infront of her house is also hers by right. Now we also have a drive and garage, but sometimes when friends or the cleaner has to park there as there is nowhere else, when she returns she blocks the car in - even though she has space on the drive. God, can't wait till the move to the house with double garage and large forecourt happens. Anyone looking for a house in Medway?

Also she is also weird in that she is one of those smug skoda owners, nothing against skodas she just has this aura of smugness?

And to specify a particular boy racer type - the RS2000 lookalike driver with the tiny wheels and the being beaten away from the red light by a 1.4 micra driven by my mum being a dead giveaway.

Small cars which appear(due to mods) to have two exhausts per cylinder?

Captain Answer
06-03-2007, 07:47 AM

GET OUT OF MY WAY YOU BLOODY PEASANT ;)

Middle lane drivers, anyone driving with fog lamps on inappropriatly, anyone sat in traffic with there foot on the break, anyone generally too close to me, people pulling into my breaking distance when i'm in my classic landy - they really DO NOT realise that that space is needed to stop, anyone driving in a hat, emo kids, anything with a kia or daewoo badge on it, pikeys, chavs, old people, cats, people who spell there name stupidly like "NICKI", my work neighbour always prattling on about her wonder child, people who defeat themselves before they try.

Theres a lot more

Eshrules
06-03-2007, 10:28 AM
Annoying old biddys(biddies?) who live across the road who despite having a garage and drive, assume that the road space infront of her house is also hers by right. Now we also have a drive and garage, but sometimes when friends or the cleaner has to park there as there is nowhere else, when she returns she blocks the car in - even though she has space on the drive. God, can't wait till the move to the house with double garage and large forecourt happens. Anyone looking for a house in Medway?

Also she is also weird in that she is one of those smug skoda owners, nothing against skodas she just has this aura of smugness?

And to specify a particular boy racer type - the RS2000 lookalike driver with the tiny wheels and the being beaten away from the red light by a 1.4 micra driven by my mum being a dead giveaway.

Small cars which appear(due to mods) to have two exhausts per cylinder?

we have one of those on my street, very narrow street, very limited parking, drive is big enough to fit 3 cars on, they park their astra 'cabriolet' on their, but where do they stick their great big transit minibus thing, yup, on the narrow road..... theres intelligence for u :Blush:

gazza57
06-03-2007, 01:27 PM
Further to your experience, we have an inconsiderate parker that lives next door, he drives a skoda incidentally.
His favourite trick is to park with 3/4 of a car length between his two vehicles and usually right outside my house.
Now I know and fully accept he has every right to park there but he usually does this when there is ample room to park his second car farther up outside his own house which means my wife who has a large load of books to carry has to drag them 150 yds up the road in the pouring rain.
Why does he do this?.. why because he can , no other reason.
One evening I saw him approach his wife's parked car, pull up about 5ft from it and reverse back to the regulation 3/4 car length.
The rest of the street then fills up and you have 1 and a half car lengths unused.
My wife came home one evening in the pouring rain, she looked up and down the road about 150 yds with no spaces available. With a large load to carry in to the house, she knocked his door and politely asked him if he would mind moving his car up a little so that my wife could get her car in the space.
He came out, started his little skoda up, and nearly revved it off the clock and screeched out of the space and parked opposite a garage door.
he then returned and said to my wife "Is that space big enough for you"
what a prat!!!!!
For the next week, he parked with a fag paper's width between his car and mine or my wife's.
What is wrong with these people, what's so much of a ball ache in just moving up a little to let someone else in, why the petulant display of temper?
He drives far too fast and more often than not has poor control of his vehicle, he is not 17, he's about 30 odd but acts like a 5 year old.
I would like to put him and his kind on an island in the outer hebrides where they could drive around and inflict themselves on each other!
Gazza57

Teutonic_Tamer
06-03-2007, 03:35 PM
GET OUT OF MY WAY YOU BLOODY PEASANT ;)

Middle lane drivers, anyone driving with fog lamps on inappropriatly, anyone sat in traffic with there foot on the break, anyone generally too close to me, people pulling into my breaking distance when i'm in my classic landy - they really DO NOT realise that that space is needed to stop, anyone driving in a hat, emo kids, anything with a kia or daewoo badge on it, pikeys, chavs, old people, cats, people who spell there name stupidly like "NICKI", my work neighbour always prattling on about her wonder child, people who defeat themselves before they try.

Theres a lot more

What time was your Doctors appointment? ;) :biglaugh:

Teutonic_Tamer
06-03-2007, 03:38 PM
snip, snip, snip

. . . I would like to put him and his kind on an island in the outer hebrides where they could drive around and inflict themselves on each other!

Nooooooooo, the Outer Hebridies are lovely - peaceful and tranquil.

Teutonic_Tamer
06-03-2007, 03:46 PM
The simple answer for tuckers is as stated in the highway code

144: Being overtaken. If a driver is trying to overtake you, maintain a steady course and speed, slowing down if necessary to let the vehicle pass. Never obstruct drivers who wish to pass. Speeding up or driving unpredictably while someone is overtaking you is dangerous. Drop back to maintain a two-second gap if someone overtakes and pulls into the gap in front of you.

Yebut . . . how often does anyone actually take notice of the Highway Code. And how often do the BiB pull people for flouting the Highway Code ???

onzarob
06-03-2007, 04:13 PM
My real pet hate are

Tail Gaters :zx11:

Because they obviously very short sighted:aargh4:

ian
06-03-2007, 05:38 PM
gotta agree rob, a dangerous and silly practice

benGT
06-03-2007, 05:41 PM
HGV's drivers for crashing into my bro's car yesterday and writing it off :zx11:

(obviously I just hate this particular HGV driver at present)

RickT
06-03-2007, 05:52 PM
not good benGT..

what motor was it?

RicKT

ian
06-03-2007, 05:54 PM
a while ago one hit my mams car, she was in the right hand lane over taking 2 wagons when the second one just decided to pull out, he hit her in the rear passenger side spinning the car into the a$$ end of the wagon in front, luckily as she is so small and sits close to the steering wheel, the air bag went off and kind of jammed her in the seat proventing her from getting injured or whip lash.

wagon and lorry drivers seem to be the worst on the road as they abuse the size of there vehicles to bully other motorists

RickT
06-03-2007, 07:04 PM
i find its them that have no concern for any one else..

RicKT

skymaster
06-03-2007, 07:10 PM
My pet hates are:-

Cars that constitute an eye sore. It;s not fair, we all are forced to look at them. I mean things like the Ka, Multipla and the Yaris 'Tall' version. (Fiat deserved every penny they lost on that hideous pice of junk)

Mums in people carriers and MPVs with zero attention on driving and could not care less if they bump into you

People driving at 50 in national speed limit roads where I would rather be doing 80

People that turn into evil swines when you simply look at them when they have committed a silly driving error.

People that condemn speeding then do it all the time themselves but are blissfully unaware that they are doing it.

ian
06-03-2007, 07:13 PM
muppet motors have to be a pet hate !!

i'll take a pic of a car that is in my area, you'll laught till your pants get wet !!
will post pic tomorrow !!

skymaster
06-03-2007, 07:27 PM
Yea, I have seen some French things that are just a joke. I think Citroen make something hideous at present, cant remember that they call it. The Renault Modus is also a bad joke on wheels. Thank God for VAG! Designing good looking cars for us!

Smart cars..... What was the thinking behind that? Lets design something that looks really stupid then call it smart.... Duh! Thats like calling a 1.0 litre fiesta a 'fast' car.

ian
06-03-2007, 07:39 PM
ROFPMSL LoL

benGT
07-03-2007, 12:14 PM
not good benGT..

what motor was it?

RicKT

106 quiksilver

skymaster
07-03-2007, 12:48 PM
Check out this C2. An asthetic joke quite frankly. When they put buildings up they are subject to strict codes of what they can and cant do. Wild wacky and silly things are not granted planning permission. We all have to suffer these hideous pieces of design disaters in the form of cars though.

skymaster
07-03-2007, 12:50 PM
Sorry, I hope I dont get banned for submitting fould material but here is another example. Yuk, Puking, vile noises

skymaster
07-03-2007, 01:01 PM
And then theres this one! Take a silly looking car then add 1 foot of extra space right where we all need it....... above our heads! A totally stupid concept. It's ideal for those with 2ft tall foreheads, or shopping that defies gravity and can be stored next to the headlining.

Teutonic_Tamer
09-03-2007, 01:15 PM
Check out this C2. An asthetic joke quite frankly. When they put buildings up they are subject to strict codes of what they can and cant do. Wild wacky and silly things are not granted planning permission. We all have to suffer these hideous pieces of design disaters in the form of cars though.

Sorry, I hope I dont get banned for submitting fould material but here is another example. Yuk, Puking, vile noises

And then theres this one! Take a silly looking car then add 1 foot of extra space right where we all need it....... above our heads! A totally stupid concept. It's ideal for those with 2ft tall foreheads, or shopping that defies gravity and can be stored next to the headlining.

Hey Sky, I'm getting a little worried for you - you seem to hate those wheels, yet you know exactly where to find the pics! ;)

I bet you have a separate "hate" folder on your 'puter. :D

marty72
09-03-2007, 01:55 PM
Another of my pet hates is bloody rubberneckers, have often queued for 30 minutes on the M3 going home from work (50 miles each way) only to find that the accident is on the other carraigeway and all of our delays are caused by goomers who want to just gawp at the wreckage/carnage on the other carriageway.

I agree with this one after being rear ended in my Calibra one night the traffic went from around 60mph to at best 25mhp as all these rubberneckers slowed to look! Mind you when the company M3 driver went right into the back of an old ford fiesta it did bring a huge smile to my face!!
What about the old man type who come down the motorway slip road doing 30mph and decide the best place to drive is the midle lane regardless of nothing else in the inside and do 50!!!! You wonder why you have undertakers out there!!! Ps guilty as charged :Blush2: why should I pull out to outside lane just to them they should all be shot!:AR15firin . M

skymaster
09-03-2007, 07:37 PM
Hi TT

It's OK, I am not stacking up these images on my hard drive, I value my hard disk space too much to put this kind of filth on it.

These cars just annoy the crap out of me. I never forget the day I saw my first ever Ford Ka in the late 90s. I had never gotten angry about a car before but the way that thing looked made me fume with anger!

I guess thats why I gravitated towards Audis, their designers rock!

RickT
09-03-2007, 11:46 PM
skymaster - Becareful with them offensive pictures!!! LOL :biglaugh:

Teutonic_Tamer
10-03-2007, 12:43 PM
skymaster - Becareful with them offensive pictures!!! LOL :biglaugh:

Aye!

Surely there must be something in the T&Cs regarding posting such offensive filth? ;) :D It's gotta be much worse than all that innuendo which I'm rather prone to!

Eshrules
10-03-2007, 12:52 PM
think this has already been done......

people who use roundabouts, who actually DO indicate, but too early, then carry on going to the next exit, you've already pulled out in the meantime, the n YOU get the v's and the abuse because of their incompetence!!:zx11:

Teutonic_Tamer
11-03-2007, 12:44 PM
think this has already been done......

people who use roundabouts, who actually DO indicate, but too early, then carry on going to the next exit, you've already pulled out in the meantime, the n YOU get the v's and the abuse because of their incompetence!!:zx11:

Ahh, so true.

You ought to visit my neck of the woods - the useless muppets around here don't indicate at all, even if they are turning right on a busy road! :aargh4: Pancake flippers come to mind! ;) :D

gazza57
11-03-2007, 01:12 PM

I agree with this one after being rear ended in my Calibra one night the traffic went from around 60mph to at best 25mhp as all these rubberneckers slowed to look! Mind you when the company M3 driver went right into the back of an old ford fiesta it did bring a huge smile to my face!!
What about the old man type who come down the motorway slip road doing 30mph and decide the best place to drive is the midle lane regardless of nothing else in the inside and do 50!!!! You wonder why you have undertakers out there!!! Ps guilty as charged :Blush2: why should I pull out to outside lane just to them they should all be shot!:AR15firin . M
My mate came up with an alternative strategy for dealing with rubberneckers, the highways agency should form it's own goomer squad and ferry all of the rubberneckers off the motorway and into a large field where, one by one they should all summarily get poo shooted!
This is where you tie them to the bumper of their own vehicle and shoot them with a blunderbuss loaded with their own excrement, worse still someone else's!
My mate has since returned to his secure accomodation bless him!
Gazza57

buster
12-03-2007, 12:50 AM
Pet hates

1. People who enter a roundabout in the right hand lane and then take the first exit.

2. Tailgaters

3. People who drive around with their front fog lights on ALL THE TIME!

4. Queue jumpers.

5. Speed camera vans parked in areas where people tend to creep over the limit safely - why can't they use this equipment to catch people who are being dangerous?

6. Cars with little blue lights on their windscren washers.

7. People who drive around at night with side lights and fog lights?

8. BMWs

9. People who come out of a slip road and straight over to the fast lane (BMW lane) without even looking.

10. MSM for truckers - Manoever - Signal - Mirror.

11. People who park over the end of my drive, blocking me in.

12. People who drive along slowly at night with their dipped beams on all of the time. If you are behind them, you cannot see far enough ahead to know if the roads bends and it is safe to overtake.

thats enough now LOL

Eshrules
12-03-2007, 12:34 PM
MOPEDS! ruddy things should be banned off the road, or the minimum age raised above 16.... they dissapear under your rear bumper so you cant see 'em, they come down your side, out of your view and then cut you up in front just as you're setting off from the lights....

and don't you dare turn right, because YOU are obviously in the wrong, to mirror check (ped behind - check), signal (indicator right - check), maneuver ( turn right - oh, no, hang on, the peds doing his overtake BEFORE you make the blasted turn.... you're supposed to realise that!)

bora(ing) nick
12-03-2007, 02:01 PM
Pet Hates - My Brother, when he turns up at daft o clock knocking on my door because he's lost his keys or his girlfriend won't let him in.....and then talks broken biscuits to you for an hour or so until he decides to fall asleep, dribbling on settee.

Eshrules
12-03-2007, 02:49 PM
Pet Hates - My Brother, when he turns up at daft o clock knocking on my door because he's lost his keys or his girlfriend won't let him in.....and then talks broken biscuits to you for an hour or so until he decides to fall asleep, dribbling on settee.

think you missed the point on this one :p LOL

Whocantellyer
12-03-2007, 03:09 PM
All that you have to understand is that you are a totally capable driver, most of the other road users are not, make allowances for their shortcomings and don't descend to their levels of perceived idiocy, your opinion of them will make no difference to how they drive so make the best of a bad job, and hope that they meet their maker without taking you or anyone else with them ;) the sooner some achieve that goal, the better :biglaugh:

Paul_mkV_golf
12-03-2007, 05:47 PM
Just had a quick scan through- agree with virtually all- all are crimes against humanity!

One of the big things that gets me is the number of sad people who have dodgy number plates- the kind where they try & spell out a word by moving letters together or putting in a black screw between two 1s to make an 'H'. The fact that most of them seem to drive a BMW (X5...)spells out to me what they are- & they don't need to advertise the fact with their number plate.

Eshrules
12-03-2007, 06:13 PM
Just had a quick scan through- agree with virtually all- all are crimes against humanity!

One of the big things that gets me is the number of sad people who have dodgy number plates- the kind where they try & spell out a word by moving letters together or putting in a black screw between two 1s to make an 'H'. The fact that most of them seem to drive a BMW (X5...)spells out to me what they are- & they don't need to advertise the fact with their number plate.

you know what i hate about the generic 'performance 4x4' eg bmw x5/volvo xc90/ porsche 'yuck' cayenne/range rover sport... is the fact theyve bought an all terrain vehicle, but want the performance of a sports car... and have to abuse you on the roads, almost to prove their point that, yes they are a tank, but they can move quick... i mean *** :aargh4:

ian
12-03-2007, 06:21 PM
MSM for truckers - Manoever - Signal - Mirror.

that has to be one of the funniest things said about probably one of the most dangerous bad driving habit !!

Paul_mkV_golf
12-03-2007, 06:22 PM
in reply to eshrules: couldn't agree more. Don't think they should be banned from the roads (X5s that is...) though as nothing gives me greater satisfaction than not letting them out of side streets into the flow of traffic :biglaugh:.

Eshrules
12-03-2007, 06:30 PM
in reply to eshrules: couldn't agree more. Don't think they should be banned from the roads (X5s that is...) though as nothing gives me greater satisfaction than not letting them out of side streets into the flow of traffic :biglaugh:.

LOL or crawling so that nice shiny range rover sat on your rear bumper gets so irate you can see his pretty little face turn a new shade of cherry red :D LMAO makes me giggle every time.

worst place for this (for any local people) is near snipe retail park , you always get those pillocks flying down the outside lane, thinking they can shove in, then suddenly realise, that mk4 golf they just tried flyin past can go just as quick :D

Sam
12-03-2007, 06:39 PM
To the buffoon in the X5 I met this morning;

I live in the country. You drive to the private school in the country.

I negotiate unmade/poorly made roads every day. You hoon along the motorways to get to the unmade roads every day.

I don't have a four wheel drive vehicle so I don't plan to mount hedgerows, grass banks or muddy slopes. You have a 4 x 4 designed to eat the above on a daily basis.

That is why I am sitting waiting for you to mount the grass bank. It's not because I'm "trying to find reverse", nor am I having relations with my mother and no, I wasn't shaking coffee beans in my hand as you went past.

;)

Paul_mkV_golf
12-03-2007, 06:43 PM
nice one :biglaugh: .

Like it when they go to overtake in an attempt to shoehorn themselves in in front of you just for me to squeeze the loud pedal that little bit more & make the gap vanish for them- sadly for me most of the time when I end up doing this my lass is alongside me- telling me to act my age... Think she notices when I start paying close attention to the rear view & stop talking to her- too busy concentrating on their next move...

Just because you drive a jacked-up wardrobe on wheels doesn't mean you own the road...:aargh4:

Paul_mkV_golf
12-03-2007, 06:46 PM
I don't have a four wheel drive vehicle so I don't plan to mount hedgerows, grass banks or muddy slopes. You have a 4 x 4 designed to eat the above on a daily basis.

That is why I am sitting waiting for you to mount the grass bank. It's not because I'm "trying to find reverse", nor am I having relations with my mother and no, I wasn't shaking coffee beans in my hand as you went past.

;)

Ah yes, but you forgot.. the golden rule of owning such a car is that it should never leave the tarmac and come into contact with filthy mud. I have more mud on my mountian bike than the all the X5s on UK roads.

Coffee beans... was it in the style of a Gareth Hunt Nescafe advert...

buster
13-03-2007, 09:39 AM
To the buffoon in the X5 I met this morning;

I live in the country. You drive to the private school in the country.

I negotiate unmade/poorly made roads every day. You hoon along the motorways to get to the unmade roads every day.

;)

Car sticker I saw recently in an X5 in Southampton

"Actually, I do own the road."

MalcQV
13-03-2007, 02:00 PM
Car sticker I saw recently in an X5 in Southampton

"Actually, I do own the road."

:D:D:D:D:D

Eshrules
13-03-2007, 03:32 PM
[quote=Paul_mkV_golf;26661] Think she notices when I start paying close attention to the rear view & stop talking to her- too busy concentrating on their next move...
quote]

confounded female intuition :zx11: mine does the same

Teutonic_Tamer
13-03-2007, 07:40 PM

What, something like this:

Paul_mkV_golf
13-03-2007, 08:29 PM
lol...

should be fitted to all X5s as standard

Eshrules
19-03-2007, 10:43 AM
pedestrians :zx11: how stupid can some people be.... you're standing in the middle of the road, trying to get across to the other side love, but hang on a second, isnt that a crossing 100 yards down the road, where you can stop the traffic safely and cross the road whilst all limbs remaining intact? :zx11: and school kids! they're like kamikaze's, they just leg it out in front of you and god forgive your brakes... i think we should tax under 16's, call it a 'brake wear' tax :zx11:

Whocantellyer
19-03-2007, 01:34 PM
If I am out of my car then I am a pedestrian as is every one else, here is my dilemma. Do I walk one hundred yards out of my way to cross the road in comparitive safety? or do I calculate the risks and cross where and when I can.
Be honest with your answer, and you will do the same as most pedestrians, after all that is what cars have brakes for :D

Love them or hate them, sooner or later you will join their ranks and your thought process will be no different :biglaugh:

onzarob
19-03-2007, 01:41 PM
ah pedestrians, here an interesting one for you. In canada the pedestrians has right of way!!!

This means if you want to cross the road, you step out and cross...it upto the car to notice you and stop!!!!

Sounds Very crazy to me.:confused:

Whocantellyer
19-03-2007, 01:53 PM
Kamikaze rules :D

Eshrules
19-03-2007, 02:04 PM
i dont like scallies at the best of times, jumping in front of my car... well, you're just asking to get run over really :hitwithro i think there should be an exception, eg if you run a little scrote over with his hoodie still up (assuming you dont kill him) you ought to be applauded, not ridiculed LOL

the worst example i've had was coming past tescos the other night, 3 girls crossing the road, plenty of room, if they hadnt deliberatley slowed down, a bip of the horn and a few strong words later, they soon realised the error of their ways, but thats not the chuffin point mad:

RickT
05-12-2007, 06:05 PM
Its time for a rant again!!!

Thought this one could do with pulling out of the wood work!!!

its makes an intresting read! LOL!

Rick

k9max
05-12-2007, 07:41 PM
pet hate: you're in a queue of traffic waiting to turn right at a T junction and the guy in front waits until he's got a gap a mile wide both ways before he pulls out......... Hello! This ain't ever gonna happen!!!! Also people who don't acknowledge you when you let them out of a junction, or if you stop for people to cross the road, a bit of courtesy costs nothing....

k9max
05-12-2007, 07:53 PM
other pet hates while I think of them...

-Fiat Multipla
-PT Cruisers
-Chelsea tractors
-cyclists holding up traffic
-Richard Head motorists "forgetting" to put their lights on after dark
-being behind a car with no brake lights

:aargh4: :aargh4: :aargh4: :aargh4:

RickT
05-12-2007, 08:34 PM
Another one of mine.....

BMW drivers....

Not because its the way they drive... its just because its a "BM" as they call them..

Rick

MalcQV
06-12-2007, 01:12 PM
Drivers who do not indicate that they are going right at traffic lights until the lights go on green.

I am so cautious these days on taking the outside lane just in cae some muppet does the above.

My other pet hate at the mo is a particular part of the the M60 where people just cross the traffic island (solid border with hatching) in front of me.

Eshrules
06-12-2007, 01:16 PM
Drivers who do not indicate that they are going right at traffic lights until the lights go on green.

I am so cautious these days on taking the outside lane just in cae some muppet does the above.

My other pet hate at the mo is a particular part of the the M60 where people just cross the traffic island (solid border with hatching) in front of me.

same motorway (i think :Blush2:) Denton island... is my nemesis, you get people in completley the wrong lane on there, cutting across 2/3 lanes to get to the m.way. why people don't just go around the roundabout and sort themselves out instead i dont know

MalcQV
06-12-2007, 01:19 PM
same motorway (i think :Blush2:) Denton island... is my nemesis, you get people in completley the wrong lane on there, cutting across 2/3 lanes to get to the m.way. why people don't just go around the roundabout and sort themselves out instead i dont know

Same motorway other end (ish) - Simister Island M66/M62/M60 Junction going a/clockwise.

Eshrules
06-12-2007, 01:54 PM
Same motorway other end (ish) - Simister Island M66/M62/M60 Junction going a/clockwise.

don't think i've ever gone to that bit... im useless with m.ways though, tend to use the tomtom a lot lol i got from denton island to trafford centre mainly, so if sinister island is that way.... :Blush2:

MalcQV
07-12-2007, 01:31 PM
don't think i've ever gone to that bit... im useless with m.ways though, tend to use the tomtom a lot lol i got from denton island to trafford centre mainly, so if sinister island is that way.... :Blush2:

You would go clockwise then which means you would not go towards Simister (or Sinister as you say :)) island.

MalcQV
07-12-2007, 01:34 PM

Talking of TomTom and pet hates, it is now one of mine. I connected mine to my computer at work to check something, ended up installing TomTom Home and getting the latest version off the net. There are some major differences on the device and the Home s/w. Thing is now, before the TomTom will switch on I need to remove the SD card :mad:. Can't think of anything else I have done.

hagis
08-12-2007, 01:23 PM
Post Offices.

I've just queued 10 minutes to pick up a parcel. Everytime I go to a post office I end up queuing for ages and they usually smell funny (or the old people who seem to permenantly reside in them do).

Thank God you can do the car tax on-line now, I've not had to go in one for ages because of that.

Nezmond
08-12-2007, 08:55 PM
You guys have pretty much covered all my pet hates, got my blood boiling just reading about them lol

My number one though is impatient buggers undertaking on motorways to end up one car ahead of you 10 miles down the road:zx11:

DaveNN
08-12-2007, 10:02 PM
Pet Hates:-
The clown who allowed a kid to sit in the 'hatch' of his car going along the M65 this afternoon! It was chucking down with rain/snow....he wouldn't have stood a chance in a rear end shunt.
Cars with more occupants inside than what its been designed for.
'Personalised Number Plates' on the cheap..using 4's for A's & 8 for B's etc etc.

Cheers
DaveNN

" The quality of the car (& the individual driving it) is inversely proportional to the output from the stereo"

mellie
09-12-2007, 03:47 PM
BMW drivers.:zx11:
BMW drivers who flash there headlights on motorways cos you've taken longer than a new york minute to move over. Even though your doing 90, i mean 70.:zx11:
BMW drivers who drive up bus lanes then try to force there way in front of you.
BMW drivers.:zx11:
BMW drivers who pull out at the last possible second.
BMW drivers who over take on the A47 across hatched lines. (Hatches that are there because there's turnings up ahead). And when there's no room to overtake nearly causing accidents.
BMW drivers in Norfolk.
Norfolk and Dorset drivers in general. They seem to use the "force" to drive around. They cut the corner on roundabouts then give you grief cos you had the temerity to be in the correct lane, they don't indicate, sit at a steady 40mph regardless of the actual speed limit unless there coming to a speed camera in a 40 mph zone when they'll slow down to 25 - 30 mph. Because obviously thats how those pesky speed cameras work. Dullards.:zx11::zx11::zx11::zx11:.

And relax. All that stress isn't good for my delicate hangover.

DaveNN
09-12-2007, 05:17 PM
Talking of TomTom and pet hates, it is now one of mine. I connected mine to my computer at work to check something, ended up installing TomTom Home and getting the latest version off the net. There are some major differences on the device and the Home s/w. Thing is now, before the TomTom will switch on I need to remove the SD card :mad:. Can't think of anything else I have done.

Have a look at PocketGPS World Forum...you should get an answer there.

Cheers
DaveNN

MalcQV
09-12-2007, 07:09 PM
Have a look at PocketGPS World Forum...you should get an answer there.

Cheers
DaveNN

Will do cheers :beerchug:

Sam
10-12-2007, 10:59 AM
Post Offices.

I've just queued 10 minutes to pick up a parcel. Everytime I go to a post office I end up queuing for ages and they usually smell funny (or the old people who seem to permenantly reside in them do).

Thank God you can do the car tax on-line now, I've not had to go in one for ages because of that.

Oh yes!

Green cheque and pension collectors. The former are so stupid they don't know what "chip n pin" means so they type their phone number into the keypad then get shirty when the cashier asks them to hand over their card so they can cut it up.

The latter shouldn't be forced to use "chip n pin" as they really don't have a clue. They stand there waiting for their cash and when asked for their pin number, they yell, "4 6 7 2" and all the green cheque collectors rub their hands with glee.

Why, at the busiest time of the day (lunchtime) do the Post Office decide to put one person behind the counter? I know they all have to have their own lunch, but a staggered system would work wonders.

Last thing of an evening, just before closing time, the desk is fully staffed with 8 cashiers. :aargh4:

Eshrules
10-12-2007, 11:56 AM
taxi drivers!

do the roads become their property as of midnight at weekends?!

i popped out to ashton under lyne to pick the missus up after a night on the tiles, t'was about half 2 in the morning. was actually quite nice driving at that time of the morning, until of course, i got off my estate and onto the main road, where black cabs and private hire alike treat the roads like a circuit of daytona racetrack! how DARE i do the speed limit?!

and trucks are still my massive bugbear on m.ways. going towards the trafford centre the other day, an obviously pre-occupied truck driver decides he doesnt want the slip road he's in.... indicates and moves out, regardless of me and the poor sod who were passing him in the middle lane, we couldn't move into the next lane for all the merc/bmw/saab drivers hogging it, how we avoided a crash, i will never know :mad:

gazza57
10-12-2007, 02:01 PM

5.car-park rage - especially tescos in stalybridge! - people who get all 'possesive' over their parking space, whats that all about?! theres like another 500 spaces all around you, you havent even got a kid!:mad:

You must be psychic esh rules!
No 2 The 1.2 16v Corsa, had him driving in my boot on the A34 last night, pouring rain loads of surface water, pitch black everybody's taking it steady but him?...no he's 300mm from my rear bumper.
Nowhere for me or him to go, but he still drives in my boot.
Eventually, he undertakes me and then tries to force his way in front, this was because I moved over to let a Mazda through who had originally come up and waited for a few seconds and I let him through, this bloke tries to force his way through at the same time, couldn't manage it in his toy car so decided to tailgate me for 10 miles in revenge.
What a Richard Cranium!
Incidentally he had one of those baseball caps on but still hasn't managed to discover which bit goes at the front, ie the peak! bless him.
If brains were TNT, he wouldn't have enough to blow his baseball cap off!
I say get rid of speed cameras, use the cash saved to get more plodcars on the road to get these sorts of idiots off of the road.
Gazza57:zx11:

MarkB1979
18-09-2008, 09:20 PM
What little things really get you riled, makes your blood boil and become an irrational human being?!

I've got loads! But I'll start with people who drive right up your backside, even though you're following someone who's driving under the speed limit and can't do anything about it.

P.S. I hope this doesn't move the thread from "anything except cars!"

RickT
18-09-2008, 10:58 PM
Just pulled this one from the wood work....

(Ps.. MarkB1979 - I merged your post into this thread)

Cheers

Rick

MarkB1979
19-09-2008, 10:38 AM
Just pulled this one from the wood work....

(Ps.. MarkB1979 - I merged your post into this thread)

Cheers

Rick

Cheers Rick.

Sorry about that. Should have known there'd already be a thread for this kind of topic!

philla4tdi
20-09-2008, 02:25 PM
how about people asking too many questions when your not awake yet? not looking at the mrs......

and all the normal driving things. this you will like, i was being tailgated by some little oik in a 1 litre 106, all the bodykit, exhaust etc in a 40 zone, i was doing 42 and thats not fast enough apparantly. after a few miles of this i discovered that my water jets hit his windscreen when i squirt them, half a tank later he backs off a bit, but only to gather speed to ovetrake me going into the 70 zone, i stay at the same speed untill he is in my boot again and he pulls out to overtake round a bend.... sees a car on other side of road (but not that close), over reacts big time, (i think he pulled the handbrake but oik says no) spins, ends up in a ditch...... i was laughing all the way home.
(no one except idiots were harmed in the making of this adventure):beerchug:

Crasher
20-09-2008, 02:32 PM
Where do I start?

Anything to do with BMW-period.

Muppets that drive and use their mobiles.

Children

Rude people

Rust

EGR gunk in the inlet manifold

Gardening-which I am just going to do now!

The Beetles, especially John “I’m a socialist but I love money” Lennon

Paul (Red Wedge) Weller (see previous observation for reason)

There’s a few.

Audi A4 Lover
21-09-2008, 10:27 AM
Yer, I've got all the standard ones etc. However I think the thing that gets me the most is undertaking!!!:zx11::zx11::aargh4::aargh4::aargh4: :zx11::zx11: it really rewally gets me!Especially at night!

philla4tdi
21-09-2008, 10:39 AM
london driving...
got overtaken at a red light, got overtaken so the guy could sit in a cross hatch, it the only place on earth where busses think they can 'nip' in front of you, apparantly right of way is decided on the basis of who will inflict more damage should they smash into you, bus lanes are in fact undertaking lanes, all pedestrian crossing dont actually count, if they have a bmw then they are basically that law, roundabouts are a free for all, the only time you have to obay the speed limit is on the road makings of a speed camera and even then only if you know for a fact it works.... i could continue. its almost worse than driving in paris.......

MalcQV
22-09-2008, 08:14 AM
Only one really. Said it before but again won't do any harm - Middle laners, I think most of them don't know they are doing it.

Crasher
22-09-2008, 09:09 AM
Another one I was reminded of a few times on the way to work this morning, spitting in the street. One was a young girl!

onzarob
22-09-2008, 11:01 AM
Only one really. Said it before but again won't do any harm - Middle laners, I think most of them don't know they are doing it.

I thought the lane to the left was a Lorry Lane :P

Another one I was reminded of a few times on the way to work this morning, spitting in the street. One was a young girl!

Nice, thats attractive:aargh4:

My pet hate today is the radio in the car, all stations seem more interested in the voice of the DJ and not music. I don't care that they bought a Pizza at the weekend, went fishing, bought tea bags etc......I want some music to ease my brain into gear........:aargh4:

MalcQV
22-09-2008, 12:54 PM
I thought the lane to the left was a Lorry Lane :P

:D:D:D I got it all wrong :p

Nice, thats attractive:aargh4:

My pet hate today is the radio in the car, all stations seem more interested in the voice of the DJ and not music. I don't care that they bought a Pizza at the weekend, went fishing, bought tea bags etc......I want some music to ease my brain into gear........:aargh4:

We have a new radio station in Manchester Rock106.1. They talk a little in the morning but it is a good balance. They have a competition where they play the sound of a car/bike/bus whatever engine and you have to guess it. The last one was from a Skoda Estelle Rapide and it took well over a week to get it. They also play some great music (all Rock) - Music with Balls they say :p

oh and the morning DJ is Steve Berry - aka Top Gear presenter from a few years back.

Combover
22-09-2008, 01:11 PM
:D:D:D I got it all wrong :p

We have a new radio station in Manchester Rock106.1..

So thats the reason I had to change my iTrip/iPod station!

Combover
22-09-2008, 01:14 PM
And whilst we're on the subject of Pet Hates....

The morons who think sitting and reving their 1.0 Corsa is a challenge to my manlyhood!

I have nothing to prove!

Sam
22-09-2008, 01:43 PM
Following a car that is emitting the smell of death (burning oil, melting plastic) and thinking it's my car for the rest of the journey.

It happened on the way to work this morning and I became the most paranoid person on the road, ever.

bora(ing) nick
22-09-2008, 01:45 PM
bouncers.....

jack71
22-09-2008, 01:57 PM
tractors full of dung,toodling along the road,massive tail backs and the git not pulling over!!!!:zx11:

paul b
22-09-2008, 02:02 PM
bouncers.....

Do you have a story you would like to share, Nick? ;)

Paul

jack71
22-09-2008, 02:03 PM

Paul
yer names not down,yer not getting in:biglaugh:

bora(ing) nick
22-09-2008, 02:08 PM

Paul

Too long and possibly too incriminating for the forum.... but lets just say i spent a night in custody and said bouncer had very sore testicles. oh what a differnt story it could have been if he hadn't of tried to show off, to a group of girls stood around him.

paul b
22-09-2008, 02:11 PM
yer names not down,yer not getting in:biglaugh:

:confused:

Too long and possibly too incriminating for the forum.... but lets just say i spent a night in custody and said bouncer had very sore testicles. oh what a differnt story it could have been if he hadn't of tried to show off, to a group of girls stood around him.

Wooo go Nick! :p

The arrogant, big-headed 'swear'.

Paul

bora(ing) nick
22-09-2008, 02:20 PM
The arrogant, big-headed 'swear'.

Paul

Stereo-typical bouncer... I bet he thinks twice next time though...

paul b
22-09-2008, 02:24 PM
Stereo-typical bouncer... I bet he thinks twice next time though...
Well, when it's your testicles in danger... :biglaugh:

Paul

onzarob
22-09-2008, 02:41 PM
Following a car that is emitting the smell of death (burning oil, melting plastic) and thinking it's my car for the rest of the journey.

It happened on the way to work this morning and I became the most paranoid person on the road, ever.

I know that feeling, I alway hear a horrible rattle to find out it the van in front, but then spend the rest of the journey trying to convince myself that it is my car!!!

Crasher
22-09-2008, 04:36 PM
Must have been a small bouncer.

bora(ing) nick
22-09-2008, 04:55 PM
Must have been a small bouncer.

:D no, he was big enough... trying to bully people, and show off.

One of the girls goaded him in to throwing a pal of mine out... (her ex) he marched over and without saying a word grabbed my pal in a headlock and started bashing his head against every pillar and post on the way to the exit.

I was behind the bouncer, and as you've pointed out, i'm not the biggest guy in the world. I grabbed his balls (whilst twisting) and lifted him pushing him forwards. It hurts me to my stomache every time i think about it, and don't normally use such dirty tricks.

It was effective and we left, leaving him in the feotal possition.

jack71
22-09-2008, 04:56 PM
:D no, he was big enough... trying to bully people, and show off.

One of the girls goaded him in to throwing a pal of mine out... (her ex) he marched over and without saying a word grabbed my pal in a headlock and started bashing his head against every pillar and post on the way to the exit.

I was behind the bouncer, and as you've pointed out, i'm not the biggest guy in the world. I grabbed his balls (whilst twisting) and lifted him pushing him forwards. It hurts me to my stomache every time i think about it, and don't normally use such dirty tricks.

It was effective and we left, leaving him in the feotal possition.
good work fella,at which point did the rozzers bang you up though?:biglaugh:

bora(ing) nick
22-09-2008, 05:00 PM
About 300 yards down the road... there's a lot of police pressence in Manchester on the weekend, and i imagine somebody had radio'd through....

Sam
23-09-2008, 10:12 AM
...I grabbed his balls (whilst twisting) ...

Sooo, you grabbed another man's balls :whistle:

bora(ing) nick
23-09-2008, 10:15 AM
Sooo, you grabbed another man's balls :whistle:

I know, i know... tis a sin in itself, but needs must :D

Clinterous
23-09-2008, 12:25 PM
Ladies high heeled wedges. :puke::puke:

hagis
23-09-2008, 12:45 PM
I know, i know... tis a sin in itself, but needs must :D

Fair play to you! It's not a job I'd fancy and I'm sure most them are alright but I've seen a few ******* in my time who live for the job.

bora(ing) nick
23-09-2008, 12:47 PM

completely agree.... minging!

Another pet hate of mine is when phoning up BT, or the bank.

I'll start with BT... i've already checked all the cables on the computer, (even though they haven't moved?), i've tried restarting the home hub, and the laptop, and the PC, before i pick up the phone to them.

But they insist on running through the same procedure everytime theres a fault, and when i get to the end of the checks, they give me a reference number, and another phone number for a different dept! How has that solved any problems?

And how come i can never get through to the bank, without a 15 minute wait, but when i phone the loan application line i get through striaght away!

hagis
23-09-2008, 12:52 PM
Having done IT support, you have to check the basics before trying to fix something. I had to go through a similar thing when we had trouble with our broadband. I knew the fault wasn't with me but had go through what you just listed.

People have a habit of fiddling with things and then denying it not mentioning it (I'm sure Crasher must have had a few customers who done that) when you ask them.

Until I worked in IT, I never understood the expression "a little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing".

Sam
23-09-2008, 12:57 PM

Some sort of potato based snack?

McCain's Southern Fries

Bird's Eye Potato Waffles

Ladies High Heeled Wedges

jack71
23-09-2008, 04:57 PM
erm:confused: what are you doing wearing them to start with?:biglaugh:

a5tra5
23-09-2008, 05:36 PM
The M6 or as AC/DC put it the hihway to hell(not really but it is a bitch of a motorway quite often). !!!! :zx11:

cartwrim
25-09-2008, 04:36 PM

You've obviously not experienced an attractive lady wearing just high-heeled wedges then?! :D :beerchug:

glenk
25-09-2008, 04:52 PM
Pensioners who insist on doing their shopping on a saturday, they have all bloody week off where they sit at home and watch jeremy kyle, then decide on a saturday when its busy enough already that they are going to walk round tescos at the pace of a dead snail. :zx11:

Ill give another vote to people who wont move over on motorways when theres nothing on the inside lane. M6 Toll seems to be full of them.

And finally, sidelights and foglights - WHATS THE POINT?!?! :zx11: If its dark - headlights, fog - foglights, daytime - no lights, its not that difficult a concept is it?

Clinterous
25-09-2008, 05:26 PM
Pensioners who insist on doing their shopping on a saturday, they have all bloody week off where they sit at home and watch jeremy kyle, then decide on a saturday when its busy enough already that they are going to walk round tescos at the pace of a dead snail.

Good point, you reminded me of another....

Pensioners barging in the supermarket, and huffing when they have to queue at checkouts. Precisely, they are retired, they don't have anything else to do, so why get impatient when out shopping, what's their rush!!!!:aargh4:

Clinterous
25-09-2008, 05:30 PM
You've obviously not experienced an attractive lady wearing just high-heeled wedges then?! :D :beerchug:

It's not that; it's because my girlfriend forces me to wear them naked!

On a more serious note, it has to be strappy, refined and delicate heels only on a naked lady.

Golf_TDI
25-09-2008, 06:14 PM

Haha oh my word, thats a horrible feeling isnt it, I get all worried and paranoid and start thinking "oh great whats happened to my car NOW?!" lol..

I hate micras that have been kitted up, WHY oh WHY?!!!!

People who drive up your rear - just break sharply and watch them back off (unless they've already hit you).. this one gets on my nerves really badly!

People who drive with their seat leaning all the way to the back, and pretend theyre doing a drive by shooting - sounds absurd, come down to my neck of the wood they all drive like this lol!

Clinterous
25-09-2008, 07:30 PM
Retentive dog owners.

Crasher
25-09-2008, 09:36 PM
Question. Is it illegal to use your mobile by holding it against your ear when driving? The three people I saw on the way to work and the four on the way home didn’t appear to think so. One on the way to work was in a small lorry and driving down a narrow street with kids walking along going to school, another tragedy waiting to happen.

Next question, do we have a Police force that leaves the station other than under blues and two’s when called out? I think they used to call it patrol, or is my memory playing tricks again.

Clinterous
25-09-2008, 10:41 PM
I saw two boys in blue inspecting the top shelf speciliast genre only this week, on Monday. It got me thinking that their scarcity nowadays must be attributed to them all being in the back lanes polishing their hoods.

MalcQV
26-09-2008, 07:55 AM
The pensioners, we should only let them out shopping through the week :p

(I am at work though :()

Middle Laners? Did I mention Middle Laners? (They are on the increase)

Combover
26-09-2008, 08:26 AM
The git that keeps trying to steal my parking space at home. And its not me being possessive. It really is officially MY SPACE! Stop parking there!

Golf_TDI
26-09-2008, 08:32 AM
Has anyone seen 'My Wife and Kids', when the dad (Micheal) is in a hurry trying to fill up petrol in his car, and the other guy does everything under the sun but wont move from the pump?! Hilarious.. just as bad as those who wont move from a car parking space and will start to clean their car, etc.. LOSERS! LOL

Sam
26-09-2008, 08:47 AM
Question. Is it illegal to use your mobile by holding it against your ear when driving? The three people I saw on the way to work and the four on the way home didn’t appear to think so. One on the way to work was in a small lorry and driving down a narrow street with kids walking along going to school, another tragedy waiting to happen.

Take a photograph, send it to the police - they wont do anything but it'll make you feel better.

If you can get both hands off the wheel to hold the camera, even better.

Being on the phone and driving a "goods vehicle" incurs the biggest fine available - whether it's enforced or not is another matter

bora(ing) nick
26-09-2008, 11:38 AM
And finally, sidelights and foglights - WHATS THE POINT?!?! :zx11: If its dark - headlights, fog - foglights, daytime - no lights, its not that difficult a concept is it?

Daytime Running Lights, (or DRL (http://www.swov.nl/rapport/Factsheets/UK/FS_DRL.pdf)'s) have been proven to reduced the amount of accidents on our roads, and i'm all for them.

I saw two boys in blue inspecting the top shelf speciliast genre only this week, on Monday. It got me thinking that their scarcity nowadays must be attributed to them all being in the back lanes polishing their hoods.

LOL, i now have tea all over the keyboard, and little speckles on the screen. Thank you :D

Crasher
26-09-2008, 01:31 PM
DLR’s are a bonkers idea. This will immediately result in a 2 to 3% increase in fuel consumption across Europe. Why do you need your lights on in the middle of summer? Motorcyclists are going to be the ones who pay the price as you won’t see them so easily if they are in front of a car with its lights on. I have no problem with the introduction of low power LED daytime running lights as Audi are introducing but imagine all the muppets running around with their main beam on and no idea they are doing it. As for your link, there are lies, dammed lies and statistics. Anyway, if it is introduced, how will they enforce it, we have no police! You aren’t supposed to use your mobile when driving. Bonkers idea, utterly bonkers, in fact I am going to start a number 10 petition if there isn’t one already.

Crasher
26-09-2008, 01:32 PM
Right, lets start here,

http://www.dadrl.org.uk/

Combover
26-09-2008, 02:47 PM
Shouldnt it be DRLs and not DLRS!? :)

bora(ing) nick
26-09-2008, 02:53 PM
Shouldnt it be DRLs and not DLRS!? :)

I'm dyslexic, and a member of the DNA (National Dyslexic Association) ;)

On another note... who's idea was it to make that word so hard to spell!

:D

Redzer
26-09-2008, 03:21 PM
have to say i think daytime lights are a good idea,
i use dipped lights at times depending on road conditions and the roads im on, they help people overtaking or pulling out of side roads to see you.

There used to be a time when having lights on in the daytime just meant get out of my way i'm travelling way above the speed limit :biglaugh:

Sam
26-09-2008, 03:26 PM
Right, lets start here,

http://www.dadrl.org.uk/

Dang you work fast, less than one minute to register a domain and build a site.

Impressive.

Crasher
26-09-2008, 04:05 PM
Fast worker, even without my headlights on full beam blinding everyone. I am wording the No10 petition as there doesn’t appear to be one on there.

Golf_TDI
26-09-2008, 06:15 PM
I'm dyslexic, and a member of the DNA (National Dyslexic Association) ;)

On another note... who's idea was it to make that word so hard to spell!

Yeah its a cruel thing to make the word Dyslexic so hard to spell..

And whos idea was to use the word Lisp for those who cant pronounce their S's?

Mad Mad World!

Crasher
26-09-2008, 08:27 PM
Pet hate? BM flippin W drivers, thats what!

Trying to get home tonight to sip some red in the late evening sun, the wife directed me towards Mac D’s as she had neglected to remove the ingredients for tea out of the freezer this morning, what do I have a wife for? As I exited said chav establishment, the car park was blocked due to diners with their deals making an illegal (signposted not to) right turn to get out and so blocking the exit to the left as well. When one had eventually made it another followed and then another, holding up ten cars that probably wanted to turn left, well I did anyway and I was at the back. Guess what make of car all three were driving, yes “the car of the devil” and not one of them was indicating either!

Golf_TDI
27-09-2008, 09:24 AM
Fair enough the three above may have been total idiots but seriously why the hate towards BMW drivers?

Crasher
27-09-2008, 12:33 PM
Because!

Golf_TDI
27-09-2008, 01:36 PM
Because!

I see your point, you make so much sense..

Because :)

gazza57
27-09-2008, 05:57 PM
Weekend Caravanners or more accurately caravanners per se!

Try driving down the M3 towards the south on a friday when there's a bank holiday, some ill prepared caravanner breaks down in the road works, (yes, a permanent feature at some point on the M3) and pandemonium ensues.

Bring in a law to make it illegal for caravans to be on the roads in rush hour

Gazza57:zx11:

paul b
27-09-2008, 06:10 PM
Fair enough the three above may have been total idiots but seriously why the hate towards BMW drivers?

I see your point, you make so much sense..

Because :)

Does Crasher or anyone on this forum HAVE to explain?

The majority of the time the person who gets up your crack on a motorway just to annoy you it is a BMW driver. And also the majority of the time you are being dazzled by foglights from a car behind... yes it is a BMW!

And there was a story some months back on here, where a slob of a BMW driver was holding up a whole road while her daughter spent 5-10 mins getting some food from a chippy. Only a BMW driver would have the cheek and arrogance.

Tell me you've heard this about 'car of the devil' drivers before???

Paul

Crasher
27-09-2008, 08:38 PM
On the way home from work this afternoon to meet a customer from Ireland dropping his car off at my house, I was cut up on the inside (whilst doing 30 in a 30) from a left turn only lane by a quite new 3 series and I watched him go through into the Specs camera controlled 30 zone on the A610 where he could not speed so I could see him swerve in and out of the traffic cutting other people up for the next mile. At the end of the specs zone I ended up in front of him as his <r@p driving meant he got stuck behind someone turning right into Tesco. As I passed him I could see he was on the phone, talking to his two passengers and eating a something or other, all at the same time. People like that should be dragged from their cars, beaten half to death at the side of the road and then summarily executed on the spot without trial. After dropping said Irish customer at East Midlands air port, I went back up the M1 where I was hastled by two w@nk3r5 all the way from 24 to 26 and guess what, they were both driving BMW’s. I do not need to explain myself, all BMW drivers are complete and absolute unadulterated *******.

Golf_TDI
28-09-2008, 10:45 AM
LOL haha.. oh my word I see where your hate comes from, its not misplace.. its down to 'stereotypes' - you've had bad experiences with BMW drivers hence they are all drivers of the devils car lol..

onemanparty
28-09-2008, 05:58 PM
It has to be drivers sitting in the outside lane of the Motorway who do 65 and will not move :zx11:

But I do agreed on the School runs as I live within 50 yards of a Primary School - Do these people not know how to park? Mainly 4x4 including a Hummer H3 :aargh4:

Crasher
28-09-2008, 06:53 PM
On Friday I saw a run Mom slow and bump up the kerb in her 4x4 without indicating and nearly knock over one of these scary plastic puppets they are putting on the pavement outside schools. She brought the traffic to a halt whilst her little darling was deposited and didn’t care that the traffic behind her swerved around and caused problems for those coming the other way. Guess what she was driving, yes an X5.

monday
28-09-2008, 08:29 PM
MY TOP 5:

1-women who decide to stop to do their make up (i though she was letting me in, then realized she was checking her eye brow's)

2-People who give you the evils from behind the locked doors, but as soon as you get out your car they then turn into a frightened puppy.

3- Police who tail you looking for a reason to pull you over

4- People who don't take consideration for motorcycles.

5-People who peep you at a light when it has just turned orange (going green), Its not eh grand Prix.

Eshrules
28-09-2008, 09:05 PM
Air baggage handlers, specifically those in Manchester airport at 1am, after a 4 1/2 hour flight, arriving half an hour early, I do not expect to then sit around for 20 mins, waiting for 'steps' to get off the plane, nor for 3/4's of an hour, waiting for my bloody luggage, 3 men to offload 3 planes is not funny Manchester Airport.

The passengers were so annoyed I'm sure some had begun to offload the damned plane themselves.

/rant

Sam
29-09-2008, 10:33 AM
Post moved to 100+ Club.

Welcome back Carl :D

gazza57
29-09-2008, 10:35 AM
On the way home from work this afternoon to meet a customer from Ireland dropping his car off at my house, I was cut up on the inside (whilst doing 30 in a 30) from a left turn only lane by a quite new 3 series and I watched him go through into the Specs camera controlled 30 zone on the A610 where he could not speed so I could see him swerve in and out of the traffic cutting other people up for the next mile. At the end of the specs zone I ended up in front of him as his <r@p driving meant he got stuck behind someone turning right into Tesco. As I passed him I could see he was on the phone, talking to his two passengers and eating a something or other, all at the same time. People like that should be dragged from their cars, beaten half to death at the side of the road and then summarily executed on the spot without trial. After dropping said Irish customer at East Midlands air port, I went back up the M1 where I was hastled by two w@nk3r5 all the way from 24 to 26 and guess what, they were both driving BMW’s. I do not need to explain myself, all BMW drivers are complete and absolute unadulterated *******.

This one'll make yer eyebrows curl,
Not BMW's but driving up the M3, saw in my mirror a Shogun 4x4 weaving back and forth between middle and offside lane, approaching me fast from behind at about 95-100mph, I moved over to the nearside and this vacuous airhead woman that passed me was on the phone, hence the weaving, and attempting to write something on a dashboard mounted jotter pad with a pen whilst jamming the phone in between her head and shoulder.
Add to that three children standing up on the seats unrestrained while Mrs Dumbass tore down the motorway only just in control of a 1800kg monster.
There is an accident waiting to happen, I don't particularly give a toss if she kills herself, you'll never get through to dopes like that, but more often, she'll kill an innocent family in their car or her own children.
Any police around...? no there never is
However do 34 in a 30mph and they'll nail your tail for it.
Gazza57:D

audipersempre
29-09-2008, 11:37 AM
I regularly see five people on a moped in Taiwan. Parents and up to three children all balanced on the thing with no crash helmets or protective clothing!!

Oh, and I have to differ, it's not all BMW drivers. I have had four BMW's in the past and I was still the same considerate driver I am today in my A6 :D

paul b
29-09-2008, 12:03 PM
Steve we are all so glad you are one of the few breaking the mould. ;)

Paul

philla4tdi
29-09-2008, 03:30 PM
what about that pug 306 nobber who pulled out on me proper badly, and then sat at 27mph in a 60 zone. i know its a bit of a unique one but it annoyed me!

i can get over people pulling out on slightly-too-small-to-be-sensible gaps, as long as they dont hold up the traffic up behind, GET TO SPEED DAG NAM IT!:mad:

hagis
29-09-2008, 03:49 PM
Well said, I'm sure we've all misjudged the speed of an on-coming car but I usually make sure I get my foot down to inconvience them as little as possible.

philla4tdi
29-09-2008, 09:54 PM
Well said, I'm sure we've all misjudged the speed of an on-coming car but I usually make sure I get my foot down to inconvience them as little as possible.

you know what i mean though, just because you leave a sensible gap in front of you they go for it. i leave a gap because i dont want to hit the car in front of me, not so people can cut me up and me almost go into the back of them.... and people going less than half the speed limit for more than a mile, and if they are causing a tail back, should be a 3 point offense. saying that, it is easy to misjudge distance and speed, but dont drive like a silly billy.

MalcQV
30-09-2008, 07:53 AM
It is the same on the motorway, you leave a gap and someone wedges themselves into it.

The roads really are too crowded.

Combover
30-09-2008, 08:04 AM
The idiot in the 57 Reg A4 Avant today on the M60 in the persisting down rain, with bags of spray and dark and the pillock had no lights on.

MalcQV
30-09-2008, 08:09 AM
^ Maybe daytime running lights are not such a bad idea :p

Combover
30-09-2008, 08:19 AM
Or Anti Pillock devices that mean you cant drive in the dark and rain without lights!

MalcQV
30-09-2008, 08:41 AM
Aye, them Auto lights seem to be good these days. Thing is the user has to switch them to Auto!

Combover
30-09-2008, 09:33 AM
^^^ Its a great system, until you add the human factor!

NickPicks
30-09-2008, 04:21 PM
My hate-

People who indicate right when they go straight on at a roundabout. I suppose they're indicating to show they're not going left, but it scares the hell out of the person alongside them in the right hand lane, and makes the person waiting at the left of roundabout a lot more likely to pull out in front of them.

If you're going straight on, don't indicate until you're about to leave the roundabout, then indicate left. It's quite simple, and the highway code even has pictures!

Clinterous
01-10-2008, 07:17 PM
It is the same on the motorway, you leave a gap and someone wedges themselves into it.

The roads really are too crowded.

I really hate it when someone jumps lanes and takes up my safety gap; usually, they are only travelling 3-5 mph faster than the cars in front of them and end up inconveniencing the drivers who are travelling significantly faster!!

Crasher
01-10-2008, 08:14 PM
People who make a post (usually one that has been covered a dozen times before and could be answered using the search function) and never reply to the answers, usually one post wonders. Water in Passat passengers footwell anyone!

onzarob
01-10-2008, 08:18 PM
People who make a post (usually one that has been covered a dozen times before and could be answered using the search function) and never reply to the answers, usually one post wonders. Water in Passat passengers footwell anyone!

No I will skip that one, heard somewhere that its to do with the bulkhead drains, can't remember where though.:biglaugh:

I like the Jimmy Carr one liner,

'I typed a question into Ask Jeaves search engine, "why is Google better?"'

philla4tdi
01-10-2008, 10:57 PM
just been to the cinema and it reminded me......
i really hate people who eat 'noisy' food at the cinema..... i am not talking popcorn, im talking people who take in a big bag of doritos, open them when the film starts, and then rustle the bag for about a hour. grrrrr. and also people who chat in there, the odd question or comment is cool, but if i wanted to know what sharon did to kevin round traceys house last night i would ask. but i dont. so shut up and watch the film.
but on the bright side, death race is quality!

Combover
02-10-2008, 08:09 AM
Hi, I have water in my Passat footwell and wanted to know if it has happened to anyone else........

Sorry......

My mickey taking boss is my current pet hate. I dont care if he leaves early to play football, but dont lie to us and tell us its for parents evening as you will always get found out!

MalcQV
02-10-2008, 12:48 PM
In answer to your first question, it is a myth no-one has problems with Passats and water. It is just something VW cooked up to get people talking about an otherwise dull car :p

As for your boss, he is the boss so can do as he likes :D

Combover
02-10-2008, 12:54 PM

His boss knows though and she is going to bolox him when she gets back!

MalcQV
02-10-2008, 12:59 PM
There is always someone to answer to I suppose :(

philla4tdi
02-10-2008, 07:53 PM
My mickey taking boss is my current pet hate. I dont care if he leaves early to play football, but dont lie to us and tell us its for parents evening as you will always get found out!

nice! my boss left work early to play golf the other day and told us he had to slip out for a important meeting with the mill manager...... as soon as he left, who walks into the building, yup, the mill manager..... the next few days were a blur of blackmailing!

gazza57
03-10-2008, 12:41 PM
Oh yes!

Green cheque and pension collectors. The former are so stupid they don't know what "chip n pin" means so they type their phone number into the keypad then get shirty when the cashier asks them to hand over their card so they can cut it up.

The latter shouldn't be forced to use "chip n pin" as they really don't have a clue. They stand there waiting for their cash and when asked for their pin number, they yell, "4 6 7 2" and all the green cheque collectors rub their hands with glee.

Why, at the busiest time of the day (lunchtime) do the Post Office decide to put one person behind the counter? I know they all have to have their own lunch, but a staggered system would work wonders.

Last thing of an evening, just before closing time, the desk is fully staffed with 8 cashiers. :aargh4:

Worse still, people who run cash christmas club books who decide that lunchtime is the optimum time to bring their £1565.92p in £1 coins, 50p coins, 20p coins and a multitude of lower denomination copper coin, and who haven't filled any details out on the paying in slip, so then do it while you're waiting.
they then ask for a balance on a couple of their accounts, pay a couple of bills that they could do on the phone or internet and then leave the building whilst half of the populace have spent their 30 min lunch waiting in the queue.
Gazza57:aargh4:

hongkongstuey
03-10-2008, 01:34 PM
middle lane sitters have been statistically proven to slow motorways down by 60 odd percent, i presume this wasnt tried on the m25 where the reason that it doesnt flow is because it is full of cockney idiots with their collars up drving bmws that are obviously too big for them. on a quiet motorway, if i see a middle lane sitter, i pass them then gradually slow down (only if it isnt an oap mind) just to see how slow i have to go till they change lanes, slowest so far was 40mph. obviously wouldnt try this if there was traffic. am i doing wrong :biglaugh:

right heres my list.

chavs
asbos

both of the above are so popular because they got labelled and its something of an acheivement in their pea like brains

kids who step out on purpose to see you brake hard or swerve to miss them, my dad hit an 8 year old boy at 60mph and now i dont think he can do anything apart from blink his eyes, he had skived off school and got through a hole in a council fence and was running across from the hedged central resevation, my dad faced charges of speeding, due care and attention, reckless driving and finally obstruction after ripping his front wheel off from swerving to miss and not being able to move after hitting a high kerb, all not guilty. why not fine/charge the parents for not making sure the kid was in school, or sue the school. my dad didnt drive for 6 months after that and had panic attacks and hardly any sleep for about 3 months.

was it worth it?

my dad was just on his way home from work observing every road law.

i could go on for weeks but have to see if anyone has guessed my last name in the 100+ vag cafe :beerchug:

thefoolmccool
04-10-2008, 12:50 PM
My first post in the 100 club!!! WOW!!

But I hate people that "slurp" their tea or coffee!! You know, someone who makes a massive noise with their lips when drinking from the cup.

There is a certain person at work who sits beside me and does this twice a day in work!! One day I swear I am gonna snap and put his head through the table in the canteen!!!

EDIT: EXACTLY LIKE THIS!!
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=jmdzFE6KhEE

Panzerdriver
25-01-2009, 03:54 PM
Right deep breath and start

#1. Audi Q7. WHY. If you want a truck then buy one (By the way they really do NOT fit in a multi story car park but thankyou to the one that parked next to me for folding in my door mirror instead of ripping it off)

#2. Range Rovers and the like (see above)

#3. Indicators are not an optional extra they are fitted for a reason USE THEM!!( See BMW drivers. RETARDS.)

#4. Scooters with uber loud exhausts, sod off they are wrong grow up and buy a proper bike.

#5. If you want to use the motorway feel free but do not drive at 30,40,50 mph especially in the middle lane. Use the inside lane but remember big trucks like to drive at 56 mph (they are limited legally) so if you drive at 52 or 54 they will flash you tailgate you or just give you grief.) SPEED UP.

#6. Horse boxes, caravan owners. Yes by all means use the queens highway but after midnight as you are very very irritating during normal hours. :rocketwho

#7. Back to BMW drivers and Merc owners or any other high end car owners. Unless there has been a change in the highway code and ownership of the roads you do not own the outside lane or middle lane. MOVE OVER YOU INCONSIDERATE TOSSPOTS!!! :zx11:

#8. Road works. If the lane is coned off i expect to see workers doing a bit not just coned off for the hell of it. If a road needs to be repaired try and do it at night time ie after 8pm not during rush hour.

I agree with all the other things people have said on this thread and if i carry on my old ticker will get really stressed so now its time for a brew and relax.

Andy J
25-01-2009, 06:41 PM
Here goes, no particular order:

1) People who drive with their front fogs on all the time because they think it's cool, err actually it's illegal to use them unless it's foggy. Please note all you Citroen Zsara Picaso, Belingo and Renault Kangeroo drivers, you will never look cool driving these cars, putting your front fogs on just makes you look a lot less cool.

2) People who still have their rear fogs on days after the fog has gone.

3) Drivers, usually in new BMWs', Mercs etc who drive around with a mobile phone held to their ear, haven't you heard of hands free, most upmarket cars are fitted with blue tooth hands free systems as standard these days so why? answer, because some people still think they look cool driving around with a mobile held to their ear, don't they realise, everyone has a mobile phone these days.

4) People who ignore one way systems in car parks, a) because ti is dangerous to people pulling out of spaces ie they may only look the way the traffic should be coming and b) Because it is selfish to people who are actually obeying the one way system.

5) People who park in the parents with children spaces even though they have no kids in the car, these spaces have a little more space for getting doors open helping parents get young children strapped in without banging their doors against the cars parked next to them, these places are for young children, Tescos say 6 years old so also annoys me when people with teenage kids use them.

6) Middle lane hoggers, whats the point in having three lanes if the inside lane never gets used.

7) Large bore exhausts on your average 1.2ltr boy racer mobile, all noise and no go.:biglaugh:

I'm sure there are more but can't think at the moment.

onemanparty
25-01-2009, 07:31 PM
Main one at the moment Shopping centre car parks. Why is it that most people can drive normally on the road but enter a car parking and become a ****!!!. Drive the wrong way, park in stupid places :aargh4:

You maybe able to tell I went shopping today!!!

Andy J
25-01-2009, 07:40 PM
Main one at the moment Shopping centre car parks. Why is it that most people can drive normally on the road but enter a car parking and become a ****!!!. Drive the wrong, park in stupid places :aargh4:

You maybe able to tell I went shopping today!!!

Yeah, parking properly is part of the driving test these days so why is it soo many people find it so difficult to park centrally between two solid white lines.

Crasher
25-01-2009, 08:51 PM
Right deep breath and start

#1. Audi Q7. WHY. If you want a truck then buy one (By the way they really do NOT fit in a multi story car park but thankyou to the one that parked next to me for folding in my door mirror instead of ripping it off)

#2. Range Rovers and the like (see above)

#3. Indicators are not an optional extra they are fitted for a reason USE THEM!!( See BMW drivers. RETARDS.)

#4. Scooters with uber loud exhausts, sod off they are wrong grow up and buy a proper bike.

#5. If you want to use the motorway feel free but do not drive at 30,40,50 mph especially in the middle lane. Use the inside lane but remember big trucks like to drive at 56 mph (they are limited legally) so if you drive at 52 or 54 they will flash you tailgate you or just give you grief.) SPEED UP.

#6. Horse boxes, caravan owners. Yes by all means use the queens highway but after midnight as you are very very irritating during normal hours. :rocketwho

#7. Back to BMW drivers and Merc owners or any other high end car owners. Unless there has been a change in the highway code and ownership of the roads you do not own the outside lane or middle lane. MOVE OVER YOU INCONSIDERATE TOSSPOTS!!! :zx11:

#8. Road works. If the lane is coned off i expect to see workers doing a bit not just coned off for the hell of it. If a road needs to be repaired try and do it at night time ie after 8pm not during rush hour.

I agree with all the other things people have said on this thread and if i carry on my old ticker will get really stressed so now its time for a brew and relax.

1) Q7, love it-don’t know why. Completely inappropriate and two fingers to the enviro Nazi’s. Q7 V12 fully loaded in VW Helio Chrome Black, I want!

2) British workers in jobs, need I say more?

3) Agreed, they flash, they work-use them moron!

4) Agreed, add to that knobs with tiny cars and exhausts big enough for a 2000BHP dragster-******!

5) Agreed. Keep left and stay at or above the speed limit, if you can’t or don’t like it, stay off the motorway. Lorries playing overtaking at 0.5 mph advantage, makes me very angry especially on the M42.

6) They have the right, simple as.

7) Hate BMW drivers, feel sorry for the inadequate little pricks that drive Mercs.

8) Add to that PC’s that lock up for no good reason. Why is it that Task Manager on Vista can’t be closed in the normal way?

And for Christ’s sake, Thrush Cream adverts on mainstream TV before 8pm, please! If it was Smegma cream it would be banned but because its lady bits its acceptable-stop it now!

macmillions
25-01-2009, 11:26 PM
Right!!!!...

1. Roundabouts. I dont mind people cutting me up, I'm actually quite chilled about this, i just slow down and let them on their way, they may be lost, or don't know the road. However, there is NO EXCUSE for when I am sitting at a roundabout, patiently waiting for a slot, and then Mr ******* who has driven round the roundabout is indicating right. This surely means that he will continue round? WRONG!!! Because he turns off without indicating off the roundabout! So I have missed the slot. :zx11:

2. Parking in Tescos. I pull up into a space with sufficient room either side, do my shopping, come back to my car to find Mr ******* in his Range Rover parked next to me. I attempt to reverse out, where I would look through the other car's window to check nothing is coming. Instead I am faced with a massive door which I cant see through! Making my exit from my space a nightmare!

3. Speedbumps! Along my road the council has decided its a good idea to put speedbumps along the road. There are two different types, ones that cover the whole width of the road and the other which are small squares which you have to straddle to go over. THESE are the ones that get me, they penalise the WRONG drivers! its Mr ******* in his Range Rover or BMW X5 who speed down the road at 40mph, and these straddle them and the hump doesn't even touch the wheels! Where as I either crash into these humps killing my suspension, even at 5mph. OR if I successfully get the judgement perfect and get the wheels pefectly round them, I can hear my sump hitting the hump!!! :aargh4:

4. Mrs ******* in her Range Rover taking Mini Bellends to school. Thats annoying in its own right, BUY A GOLF!!! But in my estate there is a school and the lazy farts still get ruddy lifts to school! The furthest point in the estate from the school is 15mins walk!

5. Mr ******* who brakes on motorways for no reason other than they cant drive their car at the same speed as the car infront. They brake, so then the car behind brakes a bit harder, and the car behind brakes harder still, and before you know it, the traffic is stationary!

I'm sure I'll think of more in due course...
Its got me going has this thread...

MalcQV
26-01-2009, 08:57 AM
Range Rovers are not you're thing then :p

Regarding point 3 my car spans them no problem. You have to be careful to hit them right though.

Crasher
26-01-2009, 11:32 AM
Range Rovers are not you're thing then :p

Height envy :biglaugh:

Andy J
26-01-2009, 11:47 AM
MalcQV
[/left];303231]Range Rovers are not you're thing then :p

Regarding point 3 my car spans them no problem. You have to be careful to hit them right though.

Yeah, my A4 spans then as well, to be fair the councils are caught between a rock and a hard place where speed bumps are concerned, people moan about there roads being used as rat runs and race tracks, the council put speed bumps in generally as a request from residents (it happened where I used to live) then they complain about damage to their cars as a result of the speed bumps, the estate where I lived in Accrington was a prime example, the residents had[FONT=serif] campaigned for years for the council to put in speed bumps, then within weeks of them being done they were complaining about the speed bumps.

As for Range Rovers, I like them, however I believe that 4 x 4's should be used for purpose, not as a fashion statement.

hongkongstuey
26-01-2009, 12:49 PM
my current pet hates are:

people driving 10mph below speed limit on a roads.

mobile phone users while driving (although i did see a funny thing when one guy didnt see me brake, i saw him not braking as i pulled up, braced for impact, he jammed his brakes on after looking back up at the road for a second, his coffee/tea went up the screen, his open laptop went flying off the seat landing where the coffee/tea spilt and then he held the items up in a thankyou gesture with coffee/tea dripping from the laptop :biglaugh: ****

middle lane hoggers have been proven to slow progress on motorways by up to 60% (think its that anyway) move the hell over

front fog light users :aargh4: if they are oncoming i flash the high beam, if they dont turn off i flash high beam again but kinda keep it on a while longer, not enough to blind them of course, because 9/10 times its in broad flippin daylight!!!!!!!!!!!!! if they are behind and im not in a hurry i turn the rear fogs on, if they dont realise how stupid they are, i indicate and let them pass then flash them a few times with the high beam while gesturing a coffee bean motion (one for the older viewer)

people who havent got a clue at roundabouts and think they own them and dont have to indicate.

bmw drivers are getting worse!!!! i havent seen a bmw indicate in about 6 months and i do 20k a year!!!!! its a telepathy thing i think?

people who cut into my space in a line of traffic as i approach an exit sliproad, i need the exit, i got into a space wayyyyyyyyy back as to not cause any panic, they cut in front usually braking from 80ish mph to join the 50mph traffic, this happens every day!!!!!!!!!

really small people in 4x4's, get something where you can see over the wheel, usually a mitsi pajero or mk1 disco, you feel safe maybe but you cant see the mayhem around you.

people who knowingly double park on small roads cos its outside their house, i wouldnt want my car scraped so would park accordingly to avoid any such chances.

people doing 40 in a 60 dual carriageway, they have 300 yards till they need to use my lane but choose to pull out just as im about to pass them at the legal limit, then high beam ME after i beep to show them im there and pass them.

Sam
26-01-2009, 03:21 PM
BMW X6 - why?

audipersempre
26-01-2009, 04:39 PM
Nasal hair. Why is it so prolific as one gets older. Same for ear hair.

Crasher
26-01-2009, 04:41 PM
BMW, why?

audipersempre
26-01-2009, 04:43 PM
Because they made the 8 series which is the car I have most enjoyed owning to date.

Stands back and lights blue touch paper............................

:1zhelp:

Crasher
26-01-2009, 04:47 PM
A squashed and stretched Vauxhall Calibra…

Hex69
26-01-2009, 04:53 PM

Vauxhall Calibra, why???

audipersempre
26-01-2009, 04:56 PM

Very very funny and I see your point. I laughed out loud when I read your response :biglaugh:

Crasher
26-01-2009, 06:32 PM
At least I made someone laugh today!

Andy J
26-01-2009, 07:58 PM
BMW, why?

Apart from the X3, X5 and X6 which to me are cars for WAGS, Bimbos, Pimps and Drug Dealers, most of the other BMWs' are not bad cars it's just in many cases BMWs' seem to bring the arrogance and general selfishness in people.

onemanparty
26-01-2009, 08:27 PM
Apart from the X3, X5 and X6 which to me are cars for WAGS, Bimbos, Pimps and Drug Dealers, most of the other BMWs' are not bad cars it's just in many cases BMWs' seem to bring the arrogance and general selfishness in people.

Others are not that bad try the M1 & M6 everyday 320d & 520d are some of the biggest ***** going. Unfortunately A3 2.0TDI drivers are going this way I can count 4 today that did 110+ on the M6 Why!!!

macmillions
26-01-2009, 08:49 PM
I've got my sister in on this...
At mini-roundabouts when one person doesn't know how to give way to their right... so just sit there waiting for no reason, causing ME to have to wait until they realise what to do, by which time, I've had enough and pull out slowly, at which point, the idiot suddenly decides to go and then flash me!!! :zx11:

Petol stations... not the prices (for once!) When a number of people have formed an orderly single-file queue waiting for a pump to become available and then some chief pulls up, bypassing the queue and sitting behind a pump, and they always seem to judge it perfectly so its that car at the pump that leaves next! RARRRR!!!

Barry boys who insist "slamming" their 1.0l Nova to about an inch off the ground, putting on an exhaust big enough to fit a small country in and then having a sub powerful enough for a night club. Buy a decent car, you don't look cool. Especially with that Burberry cap! :approve:

I'll think of even more in a min...

Andy J
26-01-2009, 09:28 PM
Others are not that bad try the M1 & M6 everyday 320d & 520d are some of the biggest ***** going. Unfortunately A3 2.0TDI drivers are going this way I can count 4 today that did 110+ on the M6 Why!!!

But it ain't the cars it's the knobs behind the wheel, can't blame the car because it is being driven by a *****.

onemanparty
26-01-2009, 09:35 PM
But it ain't the cars it's the knobs behind the wheel, can't blame the car because it is being driven by a *****.

Totally agree with you :beerchug: apart from hating the X5 that is a great car if you like 4x4's.

paul b
27-01-2009, 05:45 PM

Totally agree with you :beerchug: apart from hating the X5 that is a great car if you like 4x4's.
Its not just the drivers of these Satanmobiles, the car itself is crud!

X5, ride is way too firm (believe me I know firm, I've got an A6 Sport for God's sake!) and the interior style and layout is uglier than a pig's backside, although it is solid and well put together.

Don't get me started on the 1 Series, worst Satanmobile ever made. Has anyone seen the boot space in them? Or the legroom space in the back? :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Its a complete joke!

gazza57
11-02-2009, 09:01 AM
This is a relatively new one, a petrol station near us has recently closed for three months for a refurbishment.
It has now re opened with a much larger supermarket attached.
Part of the new supermarket design is 25 spaces for people who want to shop in the supermarket whilst getting their fuel at the same time.
Trouble is these people instead of filling up and moving over to the spaces and then shopping and paying for both fuel and groceries together just fill up their cars and leave them opposite the pump whilst they go shopping for 20 minutes.
Get two or three of these and you can be sat in a queue for 30 minutes to get fuel, mentioned this to the manager result.....nothing!
Sat behind one the other day, filled his car up went into pay came out 20 minutes later with six bags of groceries. ME Myself I
When I mentioned to him about the 25 spaces for shoppers he sort of looked at me with a vacuous grin. oh yeah...oooh sorry!
The next week I saw him do exactly the same to somebody else, get my fuel somewhere else now!
Gazza57:D

MalcQV
11-02-2009, 10:23 AM
Don't blame you. Thing is they will make more money from the supermarket than the petrol.

weeleigh
24-03-2009, 10:58 PM
My pet hate has to be when I'm sitting at a junction waiting to get out, then some ignorant sod coming from my right turns into the road I'm leaving without indicating. That really infuriates me! They usually get a blast of the horn and a few gestures.:zx11:

Oh, and ******* boy racers who seem to think fitting Lexus rear light clusters to a Citroen Saxo looks cool!

:p

skymaster
25-03-2009, 11:16 AM
My pet hate has to be when I'm sitting at a junction waiting to get out, then some ignorant sod coming from my right turns into the road I'm leaving without indicating. That really infuriates me! They usually get a blast of the horn and a few gestures.:zx11:

Oh, and ******* boy racers who seem to think fitting Lexus rear light clusters to a Citroen Saxo looks cool!

:p

Worse than that are the muppets who come from your right with their indicator on to turn left.... but just sail on by and give you a dirty look for almost pulling out on them....

I am sure there are plenty of poor sods who have lost their no claims discount because of muppets doing that and denying that the indicator was on...

elvismiggell
25-03-2009, 01:31 PM
Mopeds. All of them. :zx11:

Mini Mark
25-03-2009, 02:01 PM
3 wheel pick up trucks (if you can call them that) that go about 30 mph on an open road....

richard t
27-03-2009, 03:49 PM
Blimey here goes

People who drive down the middle lane of the motorway
when waiting to join a dual carriage way and 1 car wont move over to the outer lane so I can join it
waiting to turn right out of a junction and there is nothing coming from the left but not 1 person wont slow down for 2 secs and flash me out
political correctness
political correctness
political correctness
computers
in the supermarket people blocking the isle to chat or to go back down the isle but leave their trolley behind
taking up 2 parking spaces
Arrogant people. Politeness cost nothing
Chavs with big pit bulls thinking they are 10 men
political correctness
Reality TV shows
People who park in box junctions (read the highway code)

That will do for now………

M1tchy
22-11-2014, 07:33 PM
Lots of us (me included) love a good whinge about other peoples driving so without naming and shaming or any sexist remarks, feel free to vent them here.....

Heres mine in no particular order....
1. Use of HIDs, especially those that are blue or purple, in reflector headlights. All offenders should be shot!:mad::mad:
2. Use of "rain lights", "look cool lights" or "ooooooo its dark lets put them on lights" or as they are better known.....FOG LIGHTS!! All offenders should be shot!
3. Use of a mobile phone while driving. All offenders......im sure you get where this is going!
4. Stopping to use a mobile phone on a blind corner or in the middle of a car park SURROUNDED BY EMPTY SPACES!!!:mad:
5. Driving with a windscreen that has 2Sq inches that are demisted:mad:
6. The Pembrokeshire 40. This is where residents of Pembrokeshire drive at 40Mph LITERALLY EVERYWHERE. In 60 zones, 30 zones, 20 zones and anywhere else they can think of!
7. Sitting in the middle or outside lane of a motorway FOR NO REASON AT ALL! (should be tortured and then shot):mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I think that will do for now. Feel free to continue :biglaugh:

acid drop
22-11-2014, 07:37 PM
All the above plus peeps who don't use their indicators

zollaf
22-11-2014, 07:41 PM
the pembs 40, love it, always get stuck behind one, then slow down for a 30 and they go out go sight, or they come flying up behind you in a 30 and try to overtake as you are leaving, its just like , no, idiots.

JimC64
23-11-2014, 05:26 AM
Lots of us (me included) love a good whinge about other peoples driving so without naming and shaming or any sexist remarks, feel free to vent them here.....

Heres mine in no particular order....
1. Use of HIDs, especially those that are blue or purple, in reflector headlights. All offenders should be shot!:mad::mad:
2. Use of "rain lights", "look cool lights" or "ooooooo its dark lets put them on lights" or as they are better known.....FOG LIGHTS!! All offenders should be shot!
3. Use of a mobile phone while driving. All offenders......im sure you get where this is going!
4. Stopping to use a mobile phone on a blind corner or in the middle of a car park SURROUNDED BY EMPTY SPACES!!!:mad:
5. Driving with a windscreen that has 2Sq inches that are demisted:mad:
6. The Pembrokeshire 40. This is where residents of Pembrokeshire drive at 40Mph LITERALLY EVERYWHERE. In 60 zones, 30 zones, 20 zones and anywhere else they can think of!
7. Sitting in the middle or outside lane of a motorway FOR NO REASON AT ALL! (should be tortured and then shot):mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I think that will do for now. Feel free to continue :biglaugh:

All of the above plus variations and others.....
8. Those that insist on using FOGLIGHTS on clear spring / summer nights and NO lights whatsoever on dull / dark / wet / misty days....why????
9. Those that DON'T clear ALL the snow off their car, only the windscreen ( or part thereof ) and or maybe rear window.....why????
10. Older ( generally ) car owners of the fast / luxurious / exotic type wearing driving gloves and or cap travelling everywhere at 20mph BELOW the speed limit for no apparent reason!!!
Oh so many more if I had the time.....

Doctle Odd
23-11-2014, 10:53 AM
The people that use the outside lane when going straight ahead at a roundabout and then cut you off. The morons that pull out of a junction when your 20 feet away and then crawl. The idiot I saw reversing a tractor and trailer out of a field. The stupid laws in Ireland that allow people that haven't passed their test to drive unaccompanied. I need a .303 the shotgun has limited range

paulthefox
24-11-2014, 11:58 PM
The people that use the outside lane when going straight ahead at a roundabout and then cut you off. The morons that pull out of a junction when your 20 feet away and then crawl. The idiot I saw reversing a tractor and trailer out of a field. The stupid laws in Ireland that allow people that haven't passed their test to drive unaccompanied. I need a .303 the shotgun has limited range
or just like one female driver dublin plate focus who parks every day outside my home no nct tax insurance:aargh4: reported to guards and guess what nothing
this is one ****** country to drive in
paul

M1tchy
25-11-2014, 12:27 AM
or just like one female driver dublin plate focus who parks every day outside my home no nct tax insurance:aargh4: reported to guards and guess what nothing
this is one ****** country to drive in
paul

With cars like that you're allowed to smash them up and set fire to them.......aren't you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eshrules
25-11-2014, 09:26 AM
threads merged :approve: