PDA

View Full Version : Aux belts and N75 valve

Mike McKinstry
20-01-2009, 07:36 PM
Hi chaps,
Have just bought this valve to try before going the innotec route to clear a
limp mode wife has lived with for a year!!How hard is it to change this valve.
I have also got 2 aux belts as one has become quite noisy-how hard is it to change these and can I do it without putting into lock position -/Any advice would be gratefully received,
Thanks,
Mike

caldirun
20-01-2009, 07:40 PM
Hi chaps,
Have just bought this valve to try before going the innotec route to clear a
limp mode wife has lived with for a year!!How hard is it to change this valve.
I have also got 2 aux belts as one has become quite noisy-how hard is it to change these and can I do it without putting into lock position -/Any advice would be gratefully received,
Thanks,
Mike
Model and engine type will be required Mike

Mike McKinstry
21-01-2009, 10:17 PM
Sorry-passat (51 plate) 130Pd(AWX eng code)

caldirun
22-01-2009, 09:50 PM
Sorry-passat (51 plate) 130Pd(AWX eng code)
Its easy to change the rh belt (alternator/steering pump/cooling fan) just use a spanner and tube to push the tensioner pulley away from the belt and remove from the alternator pulley. If you are getting noise search for alternator freewheel pulley, it possibly seized and wrecked you tensioner.

Mike McKinstry
25-01-2009, 11:42 AM
Thanks.Can this be done without putting front end into lock carrier etc.want to change belt to see if it quietens before doing pulley-if i spray belt dressing on rh belt it all seems to quieten considerably.
Doing this,N75 and then innotec turbo (if N75 does not work)this week-how else would i want to spend a holiday than fixing the wifes VW!!!

Regards.