PDA

View Full Version : Used Mk6s for sale

zf44
20-01-2009, 08:36 AM
At one of my local dealers... the new design has to grow on me.

Listers Volkswagen EveshamBroadway Road
Evesham
Worcestershire
WR11 7RN

Telephone: 0844 668 1366

http://www.supercar.co.uk/UsedCarImage.aspx?DefaultImage=allapprovedcars&Width=369&Height=242&UC=2&Id=600457533

Reflex Silver Metallic with a Anthracite Alcantara interiorRegistered:Dec 2008Mileage:2,000Transmission:ManualRegistration:V N58DTFFuel:Diesel
Volkswagen golf 2.0 tdi gt (140 ps) 5-dr finished in reflex silver metallic with anthracite alcantara interior specification includes computer, cruise-control, power steering, rev counter, trip computer, adjustable steering wheel, compact disc player, ipod preparation, headlamp adjustment, rear wash wipe, tinted glass, front fog lamps, air conditioning, drivers armrest, electric windows, split rear seat, anti-lock brakes, drivers air bag, traction control, alarm, central locking, engine immobiliser and alloy wheels. http://www.allapprovedcars.co.uk/images/white_pixel.gif £19,499

http://www.allapprovedcars.co.uk/Used-Volkswagen-Golf-2.0-TDI-GT-(140-PS)-5-Dr-Car-crpId600457533-CarDetails.aspx

http://www.supercar.co.uk/UsedCarImage.aspx?DefaultImage=allapprovedcars&Width=369&Height=242&UC=2&Id=600459168

Georgia Blue Metallic with a Titan Black Merlin Cloth interiorRegistered:Jan 2009Mileage:50Transmission:ManualRegistration:VE58 EEGFuel:Diesel
Volkswagen golf 2.0 tdi se (140 ps) 5-dr finished in georgia blue metallic with titan black merlin cloth interior. Specification includes anti-lock brakes, air conditioning, alarm, power steering, drivers air bag, alloy wheels, cruise-control, 6 speed manual gearbox, traction control, computer, tinted glass, headlamp adjustment, engine immobiliser, split rear seat, rear wash wipe, drivers armrest, electric windows, central locking, trip computer, rev counter, head rests, carpet mats, ipod preparation, park assist and parking sensors and adjustable steering wheel. http://www.allapprovedcars.co.uk/images/white_pixel.gif £18,000
http://www.allapprovedcars.co.uk/Used-Volkswagen-Golf-2.0-TDI-SE-(140-PS)-5-Dr-Car-crpId600459168-CarDetails.aspx

dubcruiser
25-01-2009, 09:16 PM
They will be the Demos that the dealers are using. I bet if you bought one you couldn't have it until March! They are supposed to run them for 3 month before they can sell them...

maisbitt
12-02-2009, 10:05 AM
Not keen on the new front end for the performance models - it's not as aggressive looking as the MK5. It is an improvement on the front end of the non-sporty mk5 models though.

Dave B
03-03-2009, 01:15 AM
Waaaaaaaaaay to much. VW has lost it's way. At the end of the day the Golf is nothing more than a small hatch back, way over priced for what you get.
Jesus it's hardly been out 5 mins and VW have seen fit to hike the price.

iallen1@btinter
03-03-2009, 05:58 PM
I paid 14200 for mine and the same spec Focus wasnt much cheaper and the focus was naff to drive and will be worth nothing in 3 years compared to the Golf

Dave B
03-03-2009, 09:36 PM
I paid 14200 for mine and the same spec Focus wasnt much cheaper and the focus was naff to drive and will be worth nothing in 3 years compared to the Golf
I was thinking about buying a Golf 1.4s TSI, on the road price, with a few extra's, has gone up from £16,104 to £16,860.Thats a big price increase, but last night I went with a friend to pick up a New Civic 1.8 EX. On the road price £16,500. I've got to say I was impressed, it's got everything on it, Sat Nav, Heated Seats, Leather, Glass Roof. The golf looks spartan when compared.
I've owned golf's for the past 15 years and the reliabilty isn't all it's cracked up to be so I may be tempted to jump ship.

iallen1@btinter
03-03-2009, 11:08 PM
My mate has a Civic and its been in the garage more than he has had it, it keeps pulling to the right really bad, Honda keep fobbing him off. The dashboard wont stop creaking and the ride is so hard he has a bad back and he cant see hardly anything through the back window due to the sill spoiler in the way. Vw have had a reliability problem for a few years know but so do all the other car makes.

Dave B
03-03-2009, 11:36 PM
My mate has a Civic and its been in the garage more than he has had it, it keeps pulling to the right really bad, Honda keep fobbing him off. The dashboard wont stop creaking and the ride is so hard he has a bad back and he cant see hardly anything through the back window due to the sill spoiler in the way. Vw have had a reliability problem for a few years know but so do all the other car makes.

I agree with you all manufacturers make problem cars, but the J D Power survey have jap cars regularly in the top 10. VW always come out average.
I got rid of a mk3 golf which I bought new , never out of the garage. Steering pulling, New Distributer at 9,000 miles, numerous engine sensors, Locks, you name it, as for the dealership....well.
It didn't put me off and I bought a new mk4, a whole lot better. Still needed a new steering column after 3,000 miles, Wipers mech seized, locks again! ( can VW not build a lock?)

dubcruiser
04-03-2009, 09:57 PM
I was thinking about buying a Golf 1.4s TSI, on the road price, with a few extra's, has gone up from £16,104 to £16,860.Thats a big price increase, but last night I went with a friend to pick up a New Civic 1.8 EX. On the road price £16,500. I've got to say I was impressed, it's got everything on it, Sat Nav, Heated Seats, Leather, Glass Roof. The golf looks spartan when compared.
I've owned golf's for the past 15 years and the reliabilty isn't all it's cracked up to be so I may be tempted to jump ship.

The thing with Honda Civics and Ford Focus's etc, they may cost the same as the Golf to buy new, but in three years time the Golf is still worth some serious money. the other two with be worth peanuts in comparison. If you have owned Golfs for the last 15 years, then living day after day with anything else will be a bit of a shock in the long run...

Griff449
05-03-2009, 07:44 PM
I agree, I have bought a Focus ST every year for the last 3 years and I have lost so much money every year on them its unreal.............. hence the switch!

Dave B
05-03-2009, 09:07 PM
I agree, I have bought a Focus ST every year for the last 3 years and I have lost so much money every year on them its unreal.............. hence the switch!

When I picked up my golf from its last service in november I started talking to a salesman about the golf mk6 and before long we got onto the subject of discounts. he said he could supply a brand new mk5 R32 and £6,000 discount was a starting point.

JoseSpring
05-03-2009, 11:19 PM
I have bought a Focus ST every year for the last 3 years and I have lost so much money every year on them its unreal..............

You didnt realise after the 1st one?!
Or did you have cash to burn?

maisbitt
06-03-2009, 09:21 AM
Griff: Every car will loase you a bundle if you buy it new and switch every year. I buy mine new and generally keep it for 2 or 2.5 years. I also haggle my dealer down to the prices you can get from the likes of UKNEWCARS.CO.UK. I find the larger dealers with a lot of throughput are most likely to be willing to give you a healthy discount - if you ask for it.

VW's in my experience are no more reliable than a Ford, but they feel a lot more solid. My latest Golf (GT Sport TDI 170) has had a new steering rack, new cylinder head and a software update on the EMU. I've also had a Polo with a knackered turbo after just 6000 miles.

If you are really looking for a solid set of residuals, the Scirocco is predicted to retain a lot more of it's purchase price than a Golf - 60% vs 48% after 3 years.

dubcruiser
06-03-2009, 10:39 AM
When I picked up my golf from its last service in november I started talking to a salesman about the golf mk6 and before long we got onto the subject of discounts. he said he could supply a brand new mk5 R32 and £6,000 discount was a starting point.

Yeah and he wasn't fibbing either!! I visited the Taunton dealership before Christmas and they had two R32 5 doors, one with recaro leather at £21k and the other with normal leather and DSG at £22k. Both brand new at bargain prices. I for one will be looking for a R32 in a couple of years time when hopefully the prices of these later cars will be down to around the £13k mark!

Dave B
06-03-2009, 12:40 PM
Yeah and he wasn't fibbing either!! I visited the Taunton dealership before Christmas and they had two R32 5 doors, one with recaro leather at £21k and the other with normal leather and DSG at £22k. Both brand new at bargain prices. I for one will be looking for a R32 in a couple of years time when hopefully the prices of these later cars will be down to around the £13k mark!

VW preston give them a ring. Too expensive to run.