PDA

View Full Version : red light

eggbert2008
20-01-2009, 12:05 AM
hi all, my sister has a 2004 leon and occasionally when she starts it a small red light beside the temp gauge starts flashing and beeping. however she sez it goes out after driving about a 100 yards or so. the temp guage reads normal and the coolant level is correct. so anyone know what the hell is going on? thank you.:confused:

merc2001
30-01-2009, 03:48 PM
read somewhere that sometimes its a faulty sensor on the water bottle and they replace the bottle dont know if its sealed in on it.Mine did the same but reading my manual it said a low coolant level it looked ok to me but put a bit in and it sorted it .

eggbert2008
30-01-2009, 09:28 PM
read somewhere that sometimes its a faulty sensor on the water bottle and they replace the bottle dont know if its sealed in on it.Mine did the same but reading my manual it said a low coolant level it looked ok to me but put a bit in and it sorted it .cheers mate i'll get that checked out.

KRIME
08-07-2009, 05:40 AM
I have a friend in a Seat Official Service Garage, and he said me (i have the same problem in cold days), that the problem is the coolant in cold days do a similar gelatin in the surface to prevent icing, and this is the reason taht the level coolant sender don't recieves reading of level. After runing a few seconds this gelatin disapears with the warm temperature and if you turn off the engine and then re start, the light don't will flash.
In Seat they replace the bottle, because the sender's sensor is attached to the bottle (they said this, but in my Golf 16V mkll the sender is one pice item and ,mounted on surface, this is, can be replaced only the sender.

eggbert2008
08-07-2009, 07:34 PM
I have a friend in a Seat Official Service Garage, and he said me (i have the same problem in cold days), that the problem is the coolant in cold days do a similar gelatin in the surface to prevent icing, and this is the reason taht the level coolant sender don't recieves reading of level. After runing a few seconds this gelatin disapears with the warm temperature and if you turn off the engine and then re start, the light don't will flash.
In Seat they replace the bottle, because the sender's sensor is attached to the bottle (they said this, but in my Golf 16V mkll the sender is one pice item and ,mounted on surface, this is, can be replaced only the sender.cheers mate i think you may be right cos it stopped happening when the weather got warmer. i will have too keep watching it. thank you.:D