PDA

View Full Version : Seat Alhambra '00 1.9 TDI - BLOWER

fricosu007j
19-01-2009, 06:52 PM
sorry opening up another thread about the damnned blower, but this is my last hope, the problem is obviously the BLOWER, when i start the engine, the blower goes max for 5-7 sec. and the climatronic blinks, been to the garage but they said ... we don;t know ... i changed the temperature sensor or .. rezistor or how it;s called behind the glove box it's a red thing with many aluminium pins, (with the old one, the blower was not working at all ) so .. what else can i change to fix this bullshiet, i understood that it's somekind of relay .. a double relay related to the air-con but i cannot find it ... i read all the posts but no help, maybe the problem is forgoten by outhers, for mee ..is freezing hell in there.... :zx11:

Geege
21-06-2011, 03:39 PM
Hi,

How did you get on?

I have a similar problem. I have a 1998 Seat Alhambra 1.9 TDI 90bhp AHU engine (Mk1)

My air-con was working fine and my blower was working fine (one all settings, both heat and air-con was working), until one day I decided to turn the control panel switch (1st dial on left) off. When I turned it back on, it wouldn't work at all, no matter what speed I set it on. I had at some point damaged the 1st dial anyway - so decided to replace the whole white control panel with a new one off ebay (the white control panel unit behind the front fascia that houses all three switches). However the blower will still not work. No air blows into the cabin through the vents, only ambient air is ventilated (if you get my meaning).

With the new control panel (Part number 95NW18D451A) installed, I tested again, making sure all plugs were in and correct. The blower will still not work, in fact, all I get is a little poot of air as I turn the 1st dial from zero to on. It is though there isn't enough pressure or air (not sure what this indicates).

So what now, does this indicate that it may be the resistor at fault or perhaps the actual front blower motor?

For information I know the REAR blower motor works as when I press the fascia switch on it blows in the rear of the cabin.

What should I do now?