PDA

View Full Version : Polo 130 PD GT

JVOB
19-01-2009, 11:06 AM
Hi all,

I live in Devon where the very narrow old roads in towns are instant death to the low profile tires.. (and the expensive alloys!!), as was fitted standard on my 05 VW Polo GT pd 130. A truly great car in my opinion.

Sadly I have just had a serious accident, where I think the cars n/s front tire may have given up and the car was a write off.. as it instantly piled into drystone wall that lined the road rolling the car over.

Needless to say I'm not now entirely comfortable with the idea of buying another Polo 130,( which I would really like to do), if I HAVE to run low profile tires. VW Customer care say "they can't suggest an alternative, even from another type of Polo, as it would likely invalidate any warranty..

Any suggestions?? I need another car no wider than a Polo that drives as well as the 130. with 4 doors.:confused: ...with 'proper' tires and please, have pity don't say Skoda!:1zhelp:

JVOB

bora(ing) nick
19-01-2009, 11:43 AM
Hi all,

I live in Devon where the very narrow old roads in towns are instant death to the low profile tires.. (and the expensive alloys!!), as was fitted standard on my 05 VW Polo GT pd 130. A truly great car in my opinion.

Sadly I have just had a serious accident, where I think the cars n/s front tire may have given up and the car was a write off.. as it instantly piled into drystone wall that lined the road rolling the car over.

Needless to say I'm not now entirely comfortable with the idea of buying another Polo 130,( which I would really like to do), if I HAVE to run low profile tires. VW Customer care say "they can't suggest an alternative, even from another type of Polo, as it would likely invalidate any warranty..

Any suggestions?? I need another car no wider than a Polo that drives as well as the 130. with 4 doors.:confused: ...with 'proper' tires and please, have pity don't say Skoda!:1zhelp:

JVOB

I didn't even know they did the polo with the 130PD.... i bet it flew!

Why don't you get the same car again, and fit normal steel wheels, with smaller rims?

The Smaller rims would give a comfier ride due to larger height tyres. You'd lose a bit on the handling side of things, but thats the compramise.

Steel wheels are narrower than alloys, generally

zf44
20-01-2009, 08:53 AM
If you want to stick with the Polo my preference would be aim for the 1.9TDi SPORT, better performance than than the 130PD GT with lower running costs on fuel and insurance. If you can stretch your budget I would look at the Golf Mk4 or Mk5 as they have ESP which is a must for me: driving through country lanes and faced with constant wildlife darting in front of me together with fallen branches has saved me from running into them countless of times thanks to ESP!

Cal_Bora_HLine
22-01-2009, 01:36 AM
What about a Seat Ibiza 130?? I had one... go like F*ck :D !

Wasnt very reliable tho... cud have been unlucky tho i suppose.. it had 205/45/16 standard on it. Not low profile, but not fat either..