PDA

View Full Version : scirocco stereo

TomLaw
28-11-2005, 02:03 PM
Could do with a stereo. Any ideas?
I'm told by a mate, that only VW/Audi stereos will fit in VWs.
Is this true?

stuart
29-11-2005, 06:15 PM
Hi

Thanks for joining...

As far as I am aware, any stereo will fit in the Scirroco. You may need to adapt any wiring plugs, unless you can get an adaptor.

Some new ones may be different as I belive these are controled or connected to the ECU, so they may cause problems.

Thanks

Stuart

skattrd
03-12-2005, 06:58 PM
Any stereo should work in your car mate, got a Sony cd/mp3 in the Golf and had Sony and Vieta in the Scirocco, never had any problems fitting them ..... I did have to wire in a standard ISO connector for the Golf (which u can pickup in any car parts place) but that was because the last owner took the stereo out and cut the wires off with it :rolleyes:
The scirocco did need a bit of adjustment to the centre console to get the stereo in, but thats because modern head units are longer than old stylee ones.

edit: the adjustment to the centre console on the Scirocco was cutting a piece of plastic out of the back of the hole where the stereo slots in which the older stereos would screw into .... but now are too far forward ;)

ogilvy2007
02-12-2008, 10:04 PM
i have a 1983 1.8 scirocco gti that had the original stereo when i bought it. i bought a kenwood cd player for it and it fitted straight in but i did need to buy a connector to join the old wiring to the stereo. it was so easy to fit as it just plugs in and away you go. i went to the local car shop, told them what car and stereo i had, and the connector cost me around £6. i hope this helps:wiggle: