PDA

View Full Version : Question best load liner available?

mark shutt
18-01-2009, 07:54 PM
i want a load liner for my avant but the ones i see on ebay £25 look a bit cheap, are genuine audi ones any good and how much are they?

thanks mark.

trevor simpson
18-01-2009, 09:31 PM
Hi ,I got one from E-Bay for my avant, I think it was made in france ,has a no slip type material and has elevated sides and is washable .it is good quality,my parents saw it and imediately got one for their estate.I think mine was about £30 .
Regards Trevor.

rocket1
20-01-2009, 11:21 PM
i got mine frome ebay too about £18 plus post i think. does the job nicely and audi wanted £60 odd for there one!

Teflon
21-01-2009, 10:42 AM
Don't know how old your car is or therefore which is the right mat.

In my 2002 I had £40 worth of official Audi soft liner. It was a sort of stiff foam jobbie that gets punctured or ripped too easily and would not wipe properly clean because of the open surface texture.

I wouldn't spend good money on it again. Depending on what year you have, Audi also do a semi-rigid liner that may be better but costs £70-80 iirc.

My recommendation - get a small piece of black carpet from a carpet store, cut it to size/shape and then pay them a couple of quid to sew up the edges like a carpet sample and make it pretty. Don't go to one of the big outlets like Carpetland, somewhere near where you live there will be a little backstreet shop with a carpet sewing machine.

mark shutt
21-01-2009, 05:31 PM
the main reason i want one is to cover the ampliers/sub i installed. i've fitted them so they are flush with the original floor so a cover of some sort would serve 2 uses, 1 to hide the system and 2 to protect it when i use the boot for anything.