PDA

View Full Version : Please Help ABS, Brake & Traction control lights showing

definitivemale
18-01-2009, 05:23 PM
Help Needed guys & gals.

I have a 2001 1.9TDi 130bhp Passat that I have had for over a year now. I have had a few small problems that are just a pain. The latest problem that has recently occurred is that every now and then the ABS, Traction control & Handbrake lights are illuminated for a couple of seconds and the dash beeps about five times. The problem is not happening frequently and when it does happen its not when the brakes are applied nor is it when the handbrake is on.

Has anyone else had this problem if so does anyone know what the problem is and how to cure it.

STEWY L
18-01-2009, 05:57 PM
this is just a guess,but it sounds like water ingress to me,either plenum chamber,or passenger footwell,both common problems,however,only a guess and it may help you to look through the "similar threads" at the very foot of this page.
good luck and best regards,
stewy.

cazyp
18-01-2009, 06:23 PM
From what i've read over the last couple of days i'd say Stewy L is spot on.
http://www.weirdlittlebiscuit.com/passat/leak/ show drain holes.

Hunt around for the other threads that show pics of taking the passenger carpet up and comfort control modual repair. (Which is under the carpet..)

caldirun
18-01-2009, 06:24 PM
Help Needed guys & gals.

I have a 2001 1.9TDi 130bhp Passat that I have had for over a year now. I have had a few small problems that are just a pain. The latest problem that has recently occurred is that every now and then the ABS, Traction control & Handbrake lights are illuminated for a couple of seconds and the dash beeps about five times. The problem is not happening frequently and when it does happen its not when the brakes are applied nor is it when the handbrake is on.

Has anyone else had this problem if so does anyone know what the problem is and how to cure it.
Maybe a faulty handbrake switch, the ABS & ESP light if a faulty foot brake switch is detected, not sure re the handbrake

Carliedub
03-02-2009, 09:06 PM
Help Needed guys & gals.

I had the same problem. It happened to be the ABS control module was bad. There is an american company that repairs these units. Here is their website: www.cheap-abs.com

I sent them mine and got it back very quickly and when I plugged it back in, all of the lights went away. They say that the problem starts off occasionally and then becomes more frequent.

martin1810
03-02-2009, 09:53 PM
Before you spend money on parts get a vag-com read done and post the results on here. Unless you just like spending money of course. bba reman.co.uk may be able to help you if it turns out you need a pump or controler.