PDA

View Full Version : A6 2002 1.9TDI Front Bulbs

saracenikon
02-03-2007, 02:09 PM
The front sidelight bulb has blown. I obtained a replacement but spent 2 hours this mornoing trying to replace it to no avail!!!

Can somebody tell me the easiest way of doing this? It looks like removing the headlight would be the answer but after i removed the 2 screws on the top it still would'nt come out and I could.nt see what was keeping it in place.

There must be an easy way to do this.

Can anyone help?

dieselal
09-03-2007, 12:01 PM
Hi,
It is very easy to change both bulbs, just take your time and do not force anything.
The passenger side is more restricted, but if you undo both metal clips on the headlight back cover and gently guide the cover towards the engine and downwards, you can just about get the bulb in, I know it is awkward but that is how to do it.
The driver side is easier.First, undo the front vent cover located in the top front of the grill, it has two self tappers about 8 inches appart, remove the air intake pipe, black and rectangular, it is the next part of the plastic intake, now undo the two headlight back cover clips and replace the bulbs.
I have a A6 2002 1.9 tdi sport, and have changed the bulbs twice in the last couple of months, it may be a good idea to replace them with Osram or Philips, these are very good quality.
Take your time and don't worry , it's easy.;)

jack.parkinson@
30-03-2007, 10:44 AM
Probably not allowed to advertise - but I faced the same problem, refused to pay Audi 50 quid to do it - Halfords did it for £5 a bulb, which is probably a lot cheaper than me breaking something.