PDA

View Full Version : Key fob batteries

Ayjay
18-01-2009, 12:30 PM
I've got an '05 Alhambra 1.9TDi, and I think the batteries in the remote key are getting low. Sometimes I have to stand beside the car, pushing the unlock button in fury until eventually the car unlocks. I believe there are two types of remote: infra-red and radio. Mine is the folding key type,(two large square buttons) which I'm pretty sure is radio.
For the 'radio' type, the owners manual I think is not very clear on what to do. Will I need to synchronise, and if so, how?
Many thanks for any help.

watcha
27-01-2009, 08:11 PM
I've got an '05 Alhambra 1.9TDi, and I think the batteries in the remote key are getting low. Sometimes I have to stand beside the car, pushing the unlock button in fury until eventually the car unlocks. I believe there are two types of remote: infra-red and radio. Mine is the folding key type,(two large square buttons) which I'm pretty sure is radio.
For the 'radio' type, the owners manual I think is not very clear on what to do. Will I need to synchronise, and if so, how?
Many thanks for any help.

Hi... I have an older Alhambra and believe the battery (CR2032) should still be OK. An earlier Golf TDi had a similar problem. The garage to my disbelief stated the transmitter was tired... I thought this stupid as I was an RAF Avionics Engineer.. and had never heard of such things. However, eating humble pie now.... they changed the transmitter portion and the key was back to 'good as new'... Sorry, but I hope this helps.

Watcha:biglaugh: