PDA

View Full Version : VW Bora Emissions Light

Spanpody
02-03-2007, 12:37 PM
The Check Engine light came on in my 2.0 SE petrol Bora (2000 model) back in November 2006 and VW diagnosed it as a failure in the coolant temp sensor, they replaced the sensor and all was fine. Then at the end of December the light came back on but went out the same night. In January 2007 the light came back on for ~400 miles and then went out.

During this time the car ran perfectly with no noticeable drop or increase in fuel consumption

The light has now come back on again and this time it is idling a bit lower than before and the exhaust smells a bit rich, I am thinking the oxygen sensor is probably the culprit, any other possible causes?

Is there a list of ECU fault codes on this site?

I was thinking of getting my mechanic mate to plug in his reader and then see what the potential issue is before going back to the main ********.

CrazyDog
02-03-2007, 01:47 PM
I found this (http://www.bentleypublishers.com/tech/vw/vw.dtc.table.htm) for you. It says it's for North America, but I have a feeling these codes may be the same as for euro models.

If it's your O2 sensor then maybe you can get Tesco to pay for it :D

Spanpody
02-03-2007, 05:04 PM
Thanks for the list of codes ;)

I dont use Tesco for fuel, mainly BP/Shell. If the latest investigations do find a problem with Tesco fuel (silicon?) then maybe someone can post me a fuel receipt and I'll take it up with them :D

CrazyDog
02-03-2007, 09:34 PM
I dont use Tesco for fuel, mainly BP/Shell. If the latest investigations do find a problem with Tesco fuel (silicon?) then maybe someone can post me a fuel receipt and I'll take it up with them :D

Good plan :D