PDA

View Full Version : passat dash problems!!!!

Blackdog67
28-11-2005, 12:53 PM
Hi, I have a "96N" VW Passat 2.0 8v estate which has developed a problem. This morning when I started up to take the kids to school none of the gauges ( temp,fuel,speedo & Rev counter) were working, in addition to this the clock & the milage LCD's weren't working. On my way back from school the clock & the milage LCD's started working but the gauges are still not working. I would appreciate any help as I am stumped on this one.

danski
28-11-2005, 01:22 PM
Total guess....BUT....

Could the wiring plug have come loose from the socket due to vibrations?

I dont know how difficult it is to take the clocks out, but as its intermittent, I think thats where i`d look first.

Blackdog67
01-12-2005, 03:10 PM
I've tried the wiring block connection but it is still not working. The LCD panels are working fine but no speedo, Rev counter, Temp guage or fuel guage! Is there a voltage regulator, fuse or relay which controls these instruments

drakon
15-12-2005, 11:47 PM
Did anyone ever find a fix for this? I just drove my housemates 96 VR6 home from the shop and none of her dash instrument worked, but at least it was all light up. The car had sat in the driveway all summer and has just now been put on the road. Can a complete loss of battery power disable the interment cluster and would a reset button bring it all back? The work being done was for a bad ball joint and radiator leak, so shouldn't be related unless there is something around those spots on the car where someone might knock something loose. Anyhow, would be great to know what sort of things to look for.

Thanks