PDA

View Full Version : Let's discuss the ins and outs of a VWAudiForum meet in a comedy style

Sam
18-10-2005, 05:15 PM
Right.

After the mayhem that was the Meet thread, I bring you the spin-off post.

It makes no sense as I have just moved the banter out.

If you're offended, let me know.

If you're not, post away.

Teutonic_Tamer
27-02-2007, 11:20 AM
teutonic :D ill give you a smartie, but no points ;)

If no points, then only the whole tube of smarties will do ;) :D

Teutonic_Tamer
27-02-2007, 11:23 AM
Is there any one here who is actually north of the Thames and east of the meridian??

Looks like the total count for the East Anglian regional area meet will reach the mighty figure of . . . . . one!

Rgds

Sam
27-02-2007, 03:42 PM
OK, no worries.

From little acorns, huge Oak trees grow! ;)

I suppose another good place to meet would be at 'Inters on June 16-17. Linky: http://www.gtiinternational.co.uk/

Here, here! - Huh, who is Carl?? :confused:

Er, thanks

They do.

Another good idea, multi-platform show stand?

There, there, eshrules is Carl ;)

Teutonic_Tamer
27-02-2007, 04:36 PM
Another good idea, multi-platform show stand?

What, at Inters - depends how we all get on on the 17th I suppose. And don't ask me for my motors - I drive the bu&&ers, rather than spending all day polishing them! :D

eshrules is Carl ;)

Ahhhhh, thanks. At least I put my real name in my sig ;) ;)

Teutonic_Tamer
27-02-2007, 04:53 PM
J23 actually, i got it wrong LOL

Bu&&er, and I've just spent an hour trawling through Google !!!

SUMMARY :

Suggested Meeting place : MOTO service station J23a M1,

http://www.moto-way.com/page.cfm?Section=2&location=19

The jct 23 "A" is the important bit, it is two miles from jct 23 !

Time of Meet : 11am

then to move onto Donnington park (for those of you with gps DE74 2RP) in convoy at approx 11.30/12am once everyone has arrived, allowing time for me to find my way after (inevitabley) getting lost

LOL

Eshrules
27-02-2007, 04:55 PM
Bu&&er, and I've just spent an hour trawling through Google !!!

The jct 23 "A" is the important bit, it is two miles from jct 23 !

LOL

LMFAO - see thats why i said, we need to allow time for me to get there LOL im bound to get lost :(

Teutonic_Tamer
27-02-2007, 05:05 PM
[quote=Teutonic_Tamer;22788]It might be an idea for us all to PM or e-mail you, with our car details, mobile numbers, special dietary requirements (:D ), etc, as I can't commit to which set of wheels I'll have - other than to say they are all silver!

thats cus your common LOL

Nice ! :D :wiggle:

yes, email sounds good.... your full of these good ideas!

I know :wizard: , my head hurts :nana:

my mail eshrules AT hotmail DOT com

I've de-spammed yours ;) ! Mine: teutonic DASH tamer AT clubaudi DOT co DOT uk

if you could subject it " RE:VWAUDIFORUM MEET" that would help my in rescuing them from my junk folder.

Will do ;)

and cheers for the linky, theres bound to be a place i can stay somewhere :beerchug: dont fancy doing 6 hours of driving/ 400 miles in a day

Was there not a Travelodge at the m-way services - book online early enough, and you might get a room for £30 !

Sam
27-02-2007, 05:49 PM
yeah, why not, entertainment by day... entertainment by night LOL and yes, theres a travelodge on the moto services, but they dont seem to have any saver rooms at the moment so ill keep my eye on that.... id calculcated my mileage wrongly, its only 90 mile at the most, so not that bad!:beerchug:

So from 6 hours and 400 miles you're down to 90 miles. You realise you stand no hope of finding the place if that's how badly you over-estimated the distance!

T-T, expect a call from Carl...

"Er...I can see a bridge ... and some sea ... oh wait ... there's a sign ... it says...Firth of Forth, am I close?"

Eshrules
27-02-2007, 05:58 PM
So from 6 hours and 400 miles you're down to 90 miles. You realise you stand no hope of finding the place if that's how badly you over-estimated the distance!

T-T, expect a call from Carl...

"Er...I can see a bridge ... and some sea ... oh wait ... there's a sign ... it says...Firth of Forth, am I close?"

LOL i was using theaa route planner, i must have chosen a wrong destination or something LOL im not that bad honestly :P

Eshrules
27-02-2007, 06:17 PM
ROTFLMAO, you young whippersnapper! ;)

http://www.premiertravelinn.com/
http://www.premiertravelinn.com/pti/hotelInformation.do?hotelId=23914
http://www.novotel.com/
http://www.novotel.com/novotel/fichehotel/gb/nov/0507/fiche_hotel.shtml - £49 at M1 Jct25, Nottingham/Derby (Hot Deals)

What are you like, lost some balls off the Abacus?? ;) :D

ive sent an email to both of them.... i need to know the beds are durable ;)

balls... abacus..... things have changed a lot since your day twiddler! LOL ;)

ta for the linkies

Eshrules
27-02-2007, 06:59 PM
Interesting thread, whats it about ??????????
:D

perhaps the name of the thread you goon LOL

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=5639&page=6

look at page 6 ^^

Teutonic_Tamer
27-02-2007, 07:21 PM
ive sent an email to both of them.... i need to know the beds are durable ;)

You should tell them you are in training for the "nocturnal olympics" :D

balls... abacus..... things have changed a lot since your day twiddler! LOL ;)

Oh yus - when I were' a lad, I were' usin' flinted stones and chalked boards :p

ta for the linkies

:bigok:

Teutonic_Tamer
27-02-2007, 07:27 PM
Interesting thread, whats it about ??????????
:D

P!$$-taking barsteward!! ;)

Are you up for it? :beerchug:

Teutonic_Tamer
27-02-2007, 07:49 PM
Oh right i see now , so what this thread got to do with you twiddling with your balls then ?? sorry abacus

I like twiddling . . .

Teutonic_Tamer
27-02-2007, 08:22 PM
Hang on a min ,some thing don`t read right her , you do know that quote was about eshrules DONT YOU :outtahere

Well . . . . maybe I just wanna lay my cards on the table ;)

Teutonic_Tamer
27-02-2007, 10:40 PM
Youve still got your addy up there , remove it completely you goon.

Does it really matter, as long as you use anti-spam methods. What if peeps disable forum e-mail??

let them use the "send email to **** tab

I don't like any kind of web mail, nor forum e-mail. I much prefer to use my own local e-mail client, and can then read and archive off-line!

Rgds

ian
28-02-2007, 09:34 AM
im sure those who are active with this forum on a regular basis will turn up if they say so, unless something serious crops up.

im looking forward to it.... im glad its a while off as i think i have just boken my foot :zx11:

ian
28-02-2007, 09:38 AM
so what car you thinking on turning up in teutonic ???

Eshrules
28-02-2007, 10:19 AM
im sure those who are active with this forum on a regular basis will turn up if they say so, unless something serious crops up.

im looking forward to it.... im glad its a while off as i think i have just boken my foot :zx11:

LOL well lets hope you haven't..... the purpose of the announcment is 2 fold:

1. to ask all attendees (if thats right :P) to send me a mail so i can finalise a list to check against on the day
2.to inform all members, some of whom could have missed this very thread

:Blush:

ian
28-02-2007, 10:23 AM
my numb foot makes for rapid acceleration though LoL

sending you email now

Sam
28-02-2007, 11:29 AM
I believe any of the Moderators can amend an announcement, but as Stuart posted it, I'll let him do it.

Teutonic_Tamer
28-02-2007, 12:48 PM

Lets hope so!

You plonker!

Teutonic_Tamer
28-02-2007, 12:51 PM
so what car you thinking on turning up in teutonic ???

Dunno yet - it could be any of the three in my sig below. Or I may even turn up on the CBR - which would really get heads scratching :D

Teutonic_Tamer
28-02-2007, 12:57 PM
my numb foot makes for rapid acceleration though LoL

sending you email now

Plonker again :D - you e-mailed me! You need to e-mail eshrules, as he is the Senior Co-ordinator of the forthcoming VWAudiForum meet. ;)

Teutonic_Tamer
28-02-2007, 01:06 PM
In regards to "senior moment" and medication..... dont push it...

Hit a raw nerve ???? :D :D :D :D :D

;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Teutonic_Tamer
28-02-2007, 01:12 PM
I posted my reply some eleventy billion pages ago

Wasn't that a film, starring Rachael Welch :p

If you modify you view preferencies from UserCP to display the maximum available posts per page, then at the mo, it only takes 3 pages. My steam-powered 56k connection can handle the page load process, so all you techno-monkeys on DSL should have no probs.

Sam
28-02-2007, 01:21 PM
Wasn't that a film, starring Rachael Welch :p

If you modify you view preferencies from UserCP to display the maximum available posts per page, then at the mo, it only takes 3 pages. My steam-powered 56k connection can handle the page load process, so all you techno-monkeys on DSL should have no probs.

He shoots, he misses.

I was inferring to the number of somewhat random posts in between my post and Carl's, not the layout of the forum ;)

Eshrules
28-02-2007, 01:47 PM
LOL :1zhelp: Can we get this thread back on topic please ladies LOL :D

ian
28-02-2007, 03:19 PM
LOL well lets hope you haven't.....
:Blush:

its official, just got back from hospital with some sort of wierd moon boot thing on....ba$tard, will defo still be attending the meet though.

ian
28-02-2007, 03:20 PM
sorry - poor memory for a 22 year old :(

bad memory and no sence of distance....lol way to go buddy LoL :biglaugh:

so basicaly your screwed when you get old then ROFL

ian
28-02-2007, 03:22 PM
Dunno yet - it could be any of the three in my sig below. Or I may even turn up on the CBR - which would really get heads scratching :D

LoL yeah this forum and meet are about cars and you turn up on a bike...LoL... you plonker rodney !!

ian
28-02-2007, 03:30 PM
well not being at work or able to drive for a few weeks means i can catch up with clogging my brain with malted hops, any one care to join me ??:beerchug:

ian
28-02-2007, 03:31 PM
so, so far i've received 2 emails, TT & Ian have confirmed their attendance.... any more for any more?

give it time buddy, most ppl will be at work !!

Eshrules
28-02-2007, 03:33 PM
give it time buddy, most ppl will be at work !!

LOL im an eager beaver, you cant call me (un) enthusiastic :p

(i actually have to get things sorted whilst i remember them - -loss of memory has now lead to the loss of my tomtom 300...its in my house....somewhere)

ian
28-02-2007, 03:45 PM
i like the way things are going, your doing well organising this meet buddy, tip my hat to ya !!

Teutonic_Tamer
28-02-2007, 04:56 PM
I posted my reply some eleventy billion pages ago

If you modify you view preferencies from UserCP to display the maximum available posts per page.

He shoots, he misses.

I was inferring to the number of somewhat random posts in between my post and Carl's, not the layout of the forum ;)

Ha, ha - poor goalkeeper! I aimed for "pages", and you shift the goalposts to "posts"! Me thinks you have scored an own goal. :nana: ;) :D

Teutonic_Tamer
28-02-2007, 05:05 PM
so, so far i've received 2 emails, TT & Ian have confirmed their attendance.... any more for any more?

Well with only three, it'll be a bit quiet!

COME ON THE REST OF YOU.

ian
28-02-2007, 05:07 PM
it wont mate, i have a lot to learn and a gozillion questions at find answers to, it will be good either way !!:D

Teutonic_Tamer
28-02-2007, 05:56 PM
it wont mate, i have a lot to learn and a gozillion questions at find answers to, it will be good either way !!:D

;)

Are you bringing SWMBO? If so, we can pack them all off into the Redgate Lodge bar - keep them from under our feet! :D

ian
28-02-2007, 06:24 PM
no mate, im my own boss, she is staying at home this time round, but has hinted that she may like to attend future gatherings, think the idea of a shopping trip in a new place has got her attention !!

ian
28-02-2007, 06:44 PM
thats a good start, we can put together other options and venues at this meet as well as getting to know one another, possibilities are endless

ian
28-02-2007, 07:08 PM
get your student *** in 5th gear and get that work done buddy and try to get your self along.

its a good 2 and a bit hours for me too, hope you can make it !!

Teutonic_Tamer
28-02-2007, 07:31 PM
no mate, im my own boss, she is staying at home this time round, but has hinted that she may like to attend future gatherings, think the idea of a shopping trip in a new place has got her attention !!

Well Nottingham is actually very good for shopping. Maybe drop her off there for the day. ;)

Teutonic_Tamer
28-02-2007, 07:33 PM
thats a good start, we can put together other options and venues at this meet as well as getting to know one another, possibilities are endless

LOL, your like a child in a sweet shop, getting all excited and carried away. :D

ian
28-02-2007, 07:40 PM
think i'll come this one alone and see who else attends to just get to know ppl first, next time round if the same or more ppl agree to meet up and are bringing the other halfs i'll tell her the invitation is there !!

Teutonic_Tamer
28-02-2007, 07:40 PM
NicholasP is contemplating coming...Derby is over 3 hours away from London so i'm thinking it's a bit far..

3 hours ??? from London ??? Oh, BTW, if you reach Derby, you've gone too far ;) :D

It's actually about 3 hours from my neck of the woods too, and I don't have any m-ways!

Frantically trying to get dissertation done in the meantime which is due in 4 weeks...so I might have to see how I progress by mid march!

Try Google ;) :D ;) :D

ian
28-02-2007, 07:44 PM
LOL, your like a child in a sweet shop, getting all excited and carried away. :D

hey gimme a break, im new to cars and all this stuff, first time i ever been involved in somthing like this, yeah i kinda am excited !!

NicholasP
28-02-2007, 08:53 PM
Haha try google..I wish! Im analysing demand for counterfeit Hermes ties on ebay...lots of statistical analysis, regressions, and mathematical models...don't think google will help me on this one! ;)

Huweth
01-03-2007, 02:09 AM
I feel all left out now :( It's like being left at home alone while your family goes out for the day. Now I know how my dog feels when I go to the pub!
I hope it all falls through or you all have a rubbish time...:biglaugh:

Eshrules
01-03-2007, 09:50 AM
I feel all left out now :( It's like being left at home alone while your family goes out for the day. Now I know how my dog feels when I go to the pub!

cheers for the support MATE :p

you're still more than welcome to come.... you could sleep in your truck, ahem i mean passat estate lol only kiddin :p

Eshrules
01-03-2007, 09:51 AM
hey gimme a break, im new to cars and all this stuff, first time i ever been involved in somthing like this, yeah i kinda am excited !!

it isnt a brotherhood or anything...although a weird initiation was contemplated ;)

Teutonic_Tamer
01-03-2007, 01:23 PM
ok.... in regards to the meet LOL

i've got a friend coming as well with a remapped bora to look at , although not a member thought it would be good eye candy....

The mate, or the Bora ;)

also, i can get stickers for about £2 a pop,

What stickers ???????

Stu's already aware and we agreed to give it a few weeks first.

What, till the next meet after this one??? I should hope so! :D

in the meantime.... 3 hours? im travelling 2 LOL so it isnt that bad :biglaugh:

I think we are all around the 3 hour mark!

Teutonic_Tamer
01-03-2007, 01:26 PM
lol... yeah i need to convert my mate from his Golf only forum first!! LOL!!

Which forum would that be, then? ;)

Teutonic_Tamer
01-03-2007, 01:30 PM

Ahhh, there there, you'll get over it. :D :D

Can't you actualy organise a mini-meet, say VWAF South West region? There's yourself, Rob, Jason . . .

Oww, you're so kind and thoughtful . . . ;) :biglaugh:

ian
01-03-2007, 01:31 PM
The mate, or the Bora ;)

LoL

I think we are all around the 3 hour mark!

3hrs is nothing, mines weeks till i get this flaming pot off :zx11: :zx11: :zx11: :zx11:

Teutonic_Tamer
01-03-2007, 01:37 PM
i've got a friend coming as well with a remapped bora to look at , although not a member thought it would be good eye candy....

The mate, or the Bora ;)

LoL

Nowt' wrong with lookin' ;) :D

flaming pot :zx11: :zx11: :zx11: :zx11:

Shhhhhhhsh ;) :D

ian
01-03-2007, 01:45 PM
flaming pot :zx11: :zx11: :zx11: :zx11:

Shhhhhhhsh ;) :D

medicinal purposes only mate, pain relief :biglaugh:

Teutonic_Tamer
01-03-2007, 02:15 PM
medicinal purposes only mate, pain relief :biglaugh:

Puts a whole new meaning on the "rolleyes" smiley :biglaugh:

ian
01-03-2007, 02:18 PM
Puts a whole new meaning on the "rolleyes" smiley :biglaugh:

{in a stoned voice} `yeahh mannn`

Teutonic_Tamer
01-03-2007, 03:38 PM
...turning back to the topic...

There's always someone to spoil the party and "crack" the whip!

OK, OK - I'll get me coat! :D

BTW, do we actually have any more takers, now that we have lost Ian?

Hacktually - why doesn't Ian get SWMBO to drive? ;)

ian
01-03-2007, 04:48 PM

now that would have been a good idea, but she not to keen on driving my car, every time i said we can take my car or use it she always declines!!

Eshrules
01-03-2007, 04:52 PM
There's always someone to spoil the party and "crack" the whip!

OK, OK - I'll get me coat! :D

BTW, do we actually have any more takers, now that we have lost Ian?

Good idea, so far we've got your good self and i.... its gone from having 7/8 supporters to pracitcally none, seems Huweths dark cape of scepticism has put the dampners on it :(

ian
01-03-2007, 05:06 PM
unless i turn up in a renault clio - and that would only be after i bribed her !! LoL

ian
01-03-2007, 05:08 PM
So is this happening or not?

I've scanned over pages and found out Ian's broke his foot, and is now smoking dope!? Somebodies bringing their mate for other's to look at (or was that the bora) and someone esle might come on a bike?!?!

So where and when? as I'm sure like others after 16pages it all goes a bit Pete Tong.

Will do my best to make it.:beerchug:

ROFL SML :biglaugh:

NicholasP
01-03-2007, 05:11 PM
So is this happening or not?

I've scanned over pages and found out Ian's broke his foot, and is now smoking dope!? Somebodies bringing their mate for other's to look at (or was that the bora) and someone esle might come on a bike?!?!

So where and when? as I'm sure like others after 16pages it all goes a bit Pete Tong.

Will do my best to make it.

:beerchug:

LOL!

That cracked me up...for more info..check for one of Big Stu's posts at the top of each sub forum....All details are in there...(minus the drama that went with trying to arrange it all)

ian
01-03-2007, 05:17 PM
yes that dose sound a bit FUBAR dont it !!

ian
01-03-2007, 05:54 PM
cheers mate, im well gutted about it, 5 weeks the doc says in outta action, i can actually still drive as i have poped out in the motor, but that was just round the corner. its made my insurance invalid having this pot on :zx11: so not worth risking it

benGT
01-03-2007, 06:05 PM
definitely not mate, be well worth the wait anyway! :D :D

thanks for the update esh think I've got it now! (17pages later!!!)

Teutonic_Tamer
02-03-2007, 11:57 AM
now that would have been a good idea, but she not to keen on driving my car, every time i said we can take my car or use it she always declines!!

Why?

Can't you bribe her with the offer of a new frock and shoes, or a super size box of Thorntons? ;) :D

Teutonic_Tamer
02-03-2007, 12:04 PM
When you "move" a thread like this, is there any chance you can enable the thread "subscription" mode, either by general default, or individually for each poster??

Rgds

Sam
02-03-2007, 12:55 PM
In short, not that I can see, but you could use the thread tools above to subscribe yourself.

Teutonic_Tamer
02-03-2007, 01:05 PM
In short, not that I can see,

Oh, OK, fairy nuff.

but you could use the thread tools above to subscribe yourself.

Aye, I did do that, but I missed out on half a days bantering. :crying: ;)

ian
02-03-2007, 01:21 PM
Oh, OK, fairy nuff.

Aye, I did do that, but I missed out on half a days bantering. :crying: ;)

me too

Teutonic_Tamer
02-03-2007, 04:01 PM
"Frock" :D oh please

:arms: :banana: someone took the bait :nana:

;) :biglaugh:

ian
02-03-2007, 04:04 PM
:arms: :banana: someone took the bait :nana:

;) :biglaugh:

chicks, gets them every time !!:D

Teutonic_Tamer
02-03-2007, 04:25 PM
chicks, gets them every time !!:D

Aye, bless her! ;)

Sam
02-03-2007, 05:40 PM
Oh what a cop out , i bet you still refer to couples meeting up as a date :biglaugh:

I think he takes said date to the pictures too ;)

Teutonic_Tamer
02-03-2007, 07:31 PM
Oh what a cop out , i bet you still refer to couples meeting up as a date :biglaugh:

Oh, absolutey, darling!

But only at the picture house, the ball room, the music hall, or the tea dance. And I must be wearing my 3 piece suit, complete with white carnation button hole, have shaven with a freshly stropped blade, freshly polished oxford shoes, double-buttoned braces, oh, and my Sunday-best trilby. When the pot of tea is empty, a nice walk along the promenade, hand in arm, and tiping my trilby to every lady who passes me by! At the end of the evening, I would escort my lady to her parents front door, not leaving until she is safely behind bolted doors. I would send a telegram a week later, asking if she had a good time, and requesting the presence of her company again.

:biglaugh:

Teutonic_Tamer
02-03-2007, 09:53 PM
And im sure she would be honoured.

fx/on <takes a bow, down to one knee> fx/off

Eshrules
02-03-2007, 11:48 PM
See what you think chaps :

(quoted from http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=23971&posted=1#post23971)

im in north ireland too so unless in here or scotland, too far for me, but great idea

i would be more than willing to help you northern lads sort out a mini meet if you like, further on in the year we are hoping to bring together these mini meets in one big meet, hopefully in the summer hols, better weather, more time off etc etc. i am also aware that the likes of Huweth and a few other members are from the SE, so we could have scope to arrange a northern, central and southern mini meet section, then bring the 3 together in a major meet, perhaps once every 12 months and organise quarterly mini meets?