PDA

View Full Version : How easy is it to fit lamborghini gallardo or bentley continental wheels to a golf mk4?

ollieallison
14-01-2009, 06:55 PM
How easy is it to fit lamborghini gallardo or bentley continental wheels to a golf mk4, havnt got 1 yet but im looking for 1 for my 1st car. iv seen some with these type of wheels fitted and thought it would look grat with a set of either on. But i dont know wether i need a new axle end or spacer or whatever:confused: lol.
Ollie

Primo1000
15-01-2009, 02:09 PM
How easy is it to fit lamborghini gallardo or bentley continental wheels to a golf mk4, havnt got 1 yet but im looking for 1 for my 1st car. iv seen some with these type of wheels fitted and thought it would look grat with a set of either on. But i dont know wether i need a new axle end or spacer or whatever:confused: lol.
Ollie

Just buy some replicas with the right stud pattern. That will depend on which mark golf you go for, mk3&4 are 5x100 mk5 are 5x112.

The need for spacers will depend on whether the offset is correct or not, again this depends on which golf platform you go for. It would be alot of hassle to try and change the car to match the wheels, just buy the wheels that fit the car. A lot of replica wheels are made specifically to fit certain cars eg the VW Golf. Have look on wheelbase.co.uk you'll find loads that fit.

Crasher
15-01-2009, 02:47 PM
The bolt fitting (PCD or Pitch Circle Diameter) of a Golf 4 is 5 x 100 M14 and a Bentley Continental is 5 x 112. The ET (Einpress Tiefe or offset) of a Golf 4 wheel is 35 for an 8 x 18 or 19 and the Bentley wheels are around ET45 which doesn’t really allow for the depth required for a converter spacer. Have you also considered the effect such wheels would have on your insurance?