PDA

View Full Version : just joined

vwbug
14-01-2009, 04:57 PM
hi to all,
Have just joined and would like to take the oppertunity to offer my services to any one has a query on any classic vw, I have just closed my vw workshop and moved it from cumbria brrrrrrrrr, to sunny cornwall ahhhhhhh.
i have yet to sort out my premises yet but offer my help and knowledge to anyonewho wants it:approve:.

bora(ing) nick
14-01-2009, 05:05 PM
hi to all,
Have just joined and would like to take the oppertunity to offer my services to any one has a query on any classic vw, I have just closed my vw workshop and moved it from cumbria brrrrrrrrr, to sunny cornwall ahhhhhhh.
i have yet to sort out my premises yet but offer my help and knowledge to anyonewho wants it:approve:.

Welcome to the forum!

What prompted the move? Cornwall is a beautiful place.... i used to visit Looe a lot. Loved it as a kid.

We had a caravan at Barcelona for a while!

Nick

Hex69
14-01-2009, 05:08 PM
Welcome to the forum!

What prompted the move? Cornwall is a beautiful place.... i used to visit Looe a lot. Loved it as a kid.

Nick

Hello and welcome from lovely Cumbria------traitor ;);)

Nick

Barcelona's a bit further South than Cornwall methinks!!!

bora(ing) nick
14-01-2009, 05:14 PM
Hello and welcome from lovely Cumbria------traitor ;);)

Nick

Barcelona's a bit further South than Cornwall methinks!!!

T'other Barcelona (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&q=barcelona,+cornwall&um=1&ie=UTF-8&split=0&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&resnum=1&ct=title)! :D

Hex69
14-01-2009, 05:20 PM
T'other Barcelona (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&q=barcelona,+cornwall&um=1&ie=UTF-8&split=0&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&resnum=1&ct=title)! :D

Blimey, it's all caravans, isn't it!!!:aargh4:

bora(ing) nick
14-01-2009, 05:22 PM
Blimey, it's all caravans, isn't it!!!:aargh4:

and 2/3 tents :D

vwbug
14-01-2009, 05:24 PM
Welcome to the forum!

Nick
hi nick

thanks

missed the good life as well as friends i left in the first place.
cumbria dried up as far as custom work goes.
hoping for a better go here.
cheers lee

caddytrauma
06-07-2010, 09:33 PM
Hi we have a 67 bug with a 1641cc motor with twin weber 34icts. Would you know the set up on these as were having a nightmare. Would appreciate any help given, many thanx

vwbug
09-07-2010, 10:34 AM
hiya, they are a pain to set up but if you have a degree pulley and an air flow meter, then all that will do the job, normally takes about 15-20 mins when engine is warm. check timing ect, set carbs to factory settings and balance the air flow according to the air flow meter, then the noisey bit gently incrtease the revs till you hear it start holding back, advance the timing till it peaks, then retard it a couple of degrees so that you dont blow your engine at top revs:aargh4:, i can give specifics for the degrees ect but make sure the engine is at runnig temp. its quite easy when you have done it a few times. need to make sure there is no air leakes around the carb and inlets or all this will be in vain if there are any worn parts. I have a number if you need further assistance.
hope this helps:biglaugh:

caddytrauma
09-07-2010, 06:55 PM
ok will have a go with that and see how it goes, many thanx for your help. Will keep posted.