PDA

View Full Version : Question Alloys - Headlights (xenon) - and Insurance

moh4mmedali
14-01-2009, 08:23 AM
Good Morning...

I have got a black golf gt tdi 130bhp, i would like to change the Alloys to preferarbly 18inch, do i have to declare these to the insurance? IF SO, will the premiums go up more higher than they already are? :mad:

Also... I would like to get ANGEL EYE headlights with projector or Xenon lights fitted with them, ideally id prefer to get LED headlights like audi r8, however dont want cheap 2pound led strips to put on the lights :zx11:. anyone can point me to the right direction for some sweet pair of headlights, may they be angel eye projector/xenon headlights or headlights with LED strips like audi r8...

cheers :biglaugh:

M53494
14-01-2009, 08:47 PM
Re the wheels; If you dont declaire ANY changes to your car to your insurance company, they will use that as an excuse to void your cover in the event of a claim!

I swapped my 'standard' GTI alloys to the 18" BBS RC's and my premium actually went DOWN!! I know - work that one out!!

moh4mmedali
14-01-2009, 08:51 PM
Re the wheels; If you dont declaire ANY changes to your car to your insurance company, they will use that as an excuse to void your cover in the event of a claim!

I swapped my 'standard' GTI alloys to the 18" BBS RC's and my premium actually went DOWN!! I know - work that one out!!

Aint you a lucky fella :D

where did you get your rims from? i wanted a bbs 18inch setup, do your alloys rub your arches or make turning or driving awkward?

holler back, thanks...

M53494
14-01-2009, 09:16 PM
Mine are on a 150 diesel I got them from Motorsport Wheels in Stockport a few years back now They are getting a bit difficult to get hold of now as BBS have discontinued them! They still appear on ebay though Avoid the '25th Aniversary' ones, they have a more chrome finish, and although they do look the dogs danglies, they suffer badly with the chrome deteriorating VW had to replace a lot of these on warranty The 'standard finish silver RC's dont

They went on without any probs at all and do not rub the arches at all It drives fine too!