PDA

View Full Version : Q7 Tyres

karamsk1
13-01-2009, 10:40 AM
Hi,
I have the 21" Tyre option fitted and they now need replacing. The Dunlop's cost approx £380 each whereas the Michelin Latitudes are £275 each. Just wanted to know if anyone had any ideas about what tyres are an alternative to the original Dunlop's??????And if the Michelins are any good as the choice is very limited in size 295/35/21. Thanks

frizz
18-01-2009, 01:36 PM
Continental do one in that size, and they are also non directional, which means that you can do a directional swap on the car that will increase the life.
P.S. make sure you have the tyres inflated to at least 42F 44R.

ndanson
08-03-2009, 07:10 PM
Hi,
I have the 21" Tyre option fitted and they now need replacing. The Dunlop's cost approx £380 each whereas the Michelin Latitudes are £275 each. Just wanted to know if anyone had any ideas about what tyres are an alternative to the original Dunlop's??????And if the Michelins are any good as the choice is very limited in size 295/35/21. Thanks

Did you get any other feedback on this? I am about to change my 21" Dunlops and looking at Pirelli tyres...

Thanks

karamsk1
16-03-2009, 08:29 AM
Hi,
Sorry for the delay but i have been out and brought a set of Michelin Latitudes (part worn) for £400. I did some investigations and the Michelins Latitudes are a very good tyre. The Fronts are normal but the rears are NO rated ( porsche rating) this is only related to the compound from which the tyre is made and is used by Porsche on the Cayenne Turbo. The speed rating and load rating is exactly the same. Have had them fitted for nearly two weeks and the car seems to handle a little better and the there is no difference in the ride quality. Also saved myself nearly a £1000!!!!!!!
Cheers