PDA

View Full Version : Question Fault Codes

nutter1980
13-01-2009, 12:27 AM
Just had a full service, Car has been running sweet, Garage came back to me with the following fault codes..

2 faults found.

17994 -Engine Mount Solenoid Valves (N144/N145): Short to Plus
P1586-35-10---Intermittent

16955 - Brake Switch (F): Implausible Signal
P0571-35-00-- THIS WAS FIXED, NEW BRAKE LIGHT SWITCH.

The fault codes were cleared and I took the car for a run, Returned and rescanned , No more fault codes.

Can anyone advise what the first fault means , Is it something I need to address as a matter of urgency ?

Marco34
13-01-2009, 10:35 AM
Nutter

I wouldn't say urgency. You may want to look at checking the solenoid connections. I'm not 100% sure if there are two but they are located near the bottom of the engine. The connection may need a clean. Some silicon, dielectric grease may help too if the connection is intermittent.

Usually if something is wrong it would throw a fault straight away. Also, have you had any work carried out where the connection may have neen removed and the ignition turned on. I've had that before. I'd check for it appearing again. if it's not returned in a few weaks you should be ok.

Marco

nutter1980
13-01-2009, 05:03 PM
Thanks Marco, Are these connectors only accesable using a ramp, any ideas where / how I can get to them? I have a can of electrical cleaner and some DOW CORNING 4 dialectric grease I can attack it with.