But I Am Having Problems As It Wont Idle And Stutters When Driving
Any Help Would Br Great Thanks

micheal balbrig
13-01-2009, 12:17 AM
Hi All Great Site May Thanks
I Guys I Recently Purchased An Audi 80 Lreg 1994 Model
But I Am Having Problems As It Wont Idle And Stutters When Driving
Any Help Would Br Great Thanks

Your problem is probably a faulty electronic actuator as fitted to the top of the fuel injector pump ? that is if it is the tdi model
if not just ignore this.

pearky
13-01-2009, 12:24 AM
Hi Michael Thanks For Ure Reply This Is Petrol Engine 1.6 S2
There Is Sensor In The Front Of Air Box Near Lights At Front
When Disconected Car Idles And Reconect It Then It Stutters When Driving At Low Revs

micheal balbrig
13-01-2009, 07:50 PM
Hi Michael Thanks For Ure Reply This Is Petrol Engine 1.6 S2
There Is Sensor In The Front Of Air Box Near Lights At Front
When Disconected Car Idles And Reconect It Then It Stutters When Driving At Low Revs

Not sure. maybe air flow meter problem.
Fault code reader may point to problem

scotty33
14-01-2009, 12:34 AM
Hi

The breather system recycles crankcase fumes through the intake. Usually some 'crud' builds up on the insides of the throttle body. If you clean this out it may help if not solve the problem?
Carb cleaner works well, or a petrol soaked rag at a push!
Also cleaning the mechanical side of the 'Idle stabiliser valve' may help (could be the 'sensor' you are referring to?) - has 2 pipes attached and an electrical plug at the opposite end.

audidriverkully
08-02-2009, 08:24 AM
try the relay under the steering column which controlls the ecu, its about 10 quid from audi, it sorted mine out. Found it on this forum about dry joints

pearky
08-02-2009, 11:50 PM
thanks quys for all advice given found idle stabalition valve faulty now been replaced car runs so sweet and idles pefectly thanks for all advice given

pearky
08-02-2009, 11:51 PM
Hi

The breather system recycles crankcase fumes through the intake. Usually some 'crud' builds up on the insides of the throttle body. If you clean this out it may help if not solve the problem?
Carb cleaner works well, or a petrol soaked rag at a push!
Also cleaning the mechanical side of the 'Idle stabiliser valve' may help (could be the 'sensor' you are referring to?) - has 2 pipes attached and an electrical plug at the opposite end.

thanks scotty that was the fault cheers