PDA

View Full Version : Waterless wash and wax!!

StephA4
12-01-2009, 06:55 PM
Hi has anyone came across the waterless wash and wax from http://www.greasedlightning.co.uk/reviews.php?rid=1
I thought this was going to be a useless xmas pressie, but just used on a filthy car and can`t believe the finish considering you don`t even use any water to clean first. They provide microfibre cloths with the spray and in 15 mins you have a stunning finish.Needless to say as I am writing this it`s pi..ing down :mad:.
Still hoping for your suggestions for a good tyre shine please.

Christian6984
13-01-2009, 04:26 PM
hiya, i really wouldnt recommend waterless washing on anything other than a slightly dusty car, it is likely that it will have scratches and marred the finish.

Some of the best tyre shines i would say would be Meguiars Endurance Gel or Hotshine Spray, Another good alternative that can be used on black trim as well is Chemical Guys New Look Trim Gel.

tlionhart
13-01-2009, 05:43 PM
if this is anything in comparison to 'autoglym instant show shine' where you spray onto the car and makes it nice and gleaming. I too agree with the above post. You can scratch the paintwork if the car is filthy.

It's an ideal product in the summer in my opinion. When you cleaned the car and you get water marks! Great for getting them out. Also, in the summer you get light dusting of sand (guess its like dust) and you have either driven the car 10miles or its been sitting outside. You then want to keep its appearance, the product comes in use.

In the winter its good if the car has been sitting on the drive for a week, a sunny day comes and there is water marks left from the frost/snow/rain then again a great product to use.

Apart from that, i don't really use this product much. May be someone on here has a handy tip, where this kind of product has more than one use.

I know this isn't the product you have. But its also great for a short-term wax fix! (when you don't have time to clean, polish, wax, buffer). On a clean car, spray the panel, wipe and the job is done. The difference to the bottled wax (where you apply, let the wax settle for 15mins, take it off by hand using the cloth, final finish hand buffer using microfibre) this wax last months longer. (i use autoglym product, last applied early NOV for winter. It still is working!...then again i also used high definition wax also :p)

StephA4
13-01-2009, 10:39 PM
Ye was a bit unsure at first and I get your point might leave until Spring/Summer as I think this will be ideal when you have some dust,etc on the paintwork. Also nothing worse than spending 2 hours cleaning the car for a light shower to ruin your hard work especially on black. This saves on the hassle of the buckets and hose back out I suppose.
Cheers for your help with the tyre shine Christian just ordered some Meguiars. :beerchug:

Christian6984
13-01-2009, 10:51 PM
you wont be dissapointed with megs. Yeah products like AG Showroom shine are ok with very light dust. A good long lasting wax is Collinite the provide waxes that could last you well into 6 months.

heres a quick shot of one of our cars with Megs Hot Shine
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t55/christian6984/Clio38-2.jpg