PDA

View Full Version : Pictures Of Aftermarket DumpValve?

Ronniebiggs
11-01-2009, 07:52 PM
Please could someone end my suffering and be kind enough to post some pictures of your aftermarket dump valve fitted to your car.

I have a 2002 B6 1.8T sport and im not certain I fitted it properly as I cant hear it!

When I had the std DV on you could hear it dump especially when I chipped the car. So on the advice of others I bought a Forge recirculation DV and now I cant hear a thing?

The only way I can be certain everything is ok is to see pics.

I fitted mine with the opposite end to the thin end horizontal going to the pipe that goes up towards the top of the engine bay. With the side of the DV pointing down into the pipe that runs along the bottom of the car (I believe this pipe goes towards the intercooler)

I have no check engine lights coming on but just cant hear it. Please help.

Regards Andy

bez101
12-01-2009, 12:37 AM
Please could someone end my suffering and be kind enough to post some pictures of your aftermarket dump valve fitted to your car.

I have a 2002 B6 1.8T sport and im not certain I fitted it properly as I cant hear it!

When I had the std DV on you could hear it dump especially when I chipped the car. So on the advice of others I bought a Forge recirculation DV and now I cant hear a thing?

The only way I can be certain everything is ok is to see pics.

I fitted mine with the opposite end to the thin end horizontal going to the pipe that goes up towards the top of the engine bay. With the side of the DV pointing down into the pipe that runs along the bottom of the car (I believe this pipe goes towards the intercooler)

I have no check engine lights coming on but just cant hear it. Please help.

Regards Andy
well to be honest iv had that many 18T's and you cant hear the OEM DV dump its not made for that
and if you have a forge diverta valve you wont hear anything with that either you need a forge split-r diverta valve to get any noise or to have a diffrent set up but that way you may get lights on best way is the forge split-r its made for the job and wont cause any probs id realy like to know how you got noise from OEM valve as it dumps bk into the system u need one like the pic if you want any noise

Ronniebiggs
12-01-2009, 02:17 PM
It sounded like a rally car does. Not that loud though!

You could hear it in the car. Not very loud but you defo could hear it.

I had an imprezza and you could hear that as well due to the recirc DV dumping close to the induction filter. But on the Audi I have a std airbox but yet can still hear it alittle.

Anyway cant hear a thing now. Didnt know if it was a good idea to get that DV you show as I dint want a probs with ECU etc. I have heard you could fit them but wasnt that bothered as I thought if I put an induction filter on then you may be able to hear the DV.

Thanks for the reply BEZ.

Andy

bez101
12-01-2009, 02:25 PM
It sounded like a rally car does. Not that loud though!

You could hear it in the car. Not very loud but you defo could hear it.

I had an imprezza and you could hear that as well due to the recirc DV dumping close to the induction filter. But on the Audi I have a std airbox but yet can still hear it alittle.

Anyway cant hear a thing now. Didnt know if it was a good idea to get that DV you show as I dint want a probs with ECU etc. I have heard you could fit them but wasnt that bothered as I thought if I put an induction filter on then you may be able to hear the DV.

Thanks for the reply BEZ.

Andy
with the split-r you dont get any ecu lights its made to run with this system the recirc u have got is just that a recirc bumps bk in to the system hence no noise was the 1 you took off a black plastic one a filter wont make any diffrence to any noise to get the wooooshhhh u need to fit a split-r or a dv to the cold side u will get problems with fitting at cold side IE hunting at tick over

Ronniebiggs
12-01-2009, 05:36 PM
Yes it was a black plastic DV. Well im not sure what to do then as I only got the Dv at Christmas so dont really want to have to buy a new one again. The only options are to keep it and have no noise. Or see if I can send it back to the shop and exchange it for the other one and pay the difference.

What would you do?

Is it worth the hassle?

Thanks again.

Also Bez if you dont mind. Induction or panel filter?

I would like to hear the turbo alittle more if im honest so induction is the way im thinking. I need a MAF sensor adapter so I can fit my universal filter but cant find one anywhere.

Andy

bez101
12-01-2009, 05:58 PM
personaly on an audi panel filter with induction kit you dont gain anything yes you get a bit of induction noise no dump tho and doesnt do the MAF anygood if you want dv noise swap for a split-r