PDA

View Full Version : Question Remove rear bench seat

A1exp
11-01-2009, 05:30 PM
Hi All,

Any ideas how I remove the rear bench seat?

A passenger managed to lose a necklace and I'd like to lift the rear bench seat and take a look.

After a bit of investigation it looks like the ISOFIX bolts are bolted directly to the car through the seat and that the seat should slide forward, however I can;t see an obvious way of doing it.

It feels like there is a bit of give in the seat but I don;t want to yank too hard...

Any pointers appreciated.

Ramon959
11-01-2009, 07:01 PM
The base is held in place on each front corner - pushing it in while pulling it up should free it.

The seat locks itself in place by exerting pressure outwards.

A1exp
11-01-2009, 07:09 PM
It must be me being slightly dense but I still can't get the seat up.

It seems the seats are held down at the front edge of each side seat, but no amount of pushing inwards and upwards will lift the seat.

The bench seat starts to lift from the side, but then gets caught on whatever is holding it down at the two points about a foot in from the edge at the front.

Can anybody give me (very simple!) instructions about how to release whatever is holding the seat on?

Cheers

Ramon959
11-01-2009, 11:23 PM
Its not going to help, but the only reason I know about the seat is that the Audi garage left mine up, and I can't get it down properly (didn't try that hard as its back in to them on Wed.)

A1exp
15-01-2009, 03:17 PM
Anybody?

Ramon959
15-01-2009, 03:40 PM
Once again - not going to help, but Audi tell me that the clips for the seat are broken from when they checked the lift pump last time so it may be that if you lift the seat the clips break - just so you are prepared.

I am sure a8tech will know the answer to this - PM him and send him some beer.

rd1
15-01-2009, 06:10 PM
Hi,
just a thought but have you tried tried pulling them forward before lifting as some cars need to clear the iso fix before they can be lifted up from the back, almost like being hinged at the front of the seat. Sorry cant be audi specific but worth a try.
Roger

A1exp
18-01-2009, 04:40 PM
Hi,
just a thought but have you tried tried pulling them forward before lifting as some cars need to clear the iso fix before they can be lifted up from the back, almost like being hinged at the front of the seat. Sorry cant be audi specific but worth a try.
Roger

I've had another go at pushing/pulling/prodding and I still can't make the seat lift.

It looks like it has to come forward to get past the ISOFIX mounts but there must be a knack that i've just not got!

Anybody care to shed some light on this?