PDA

View Full Version : Lack of Power (Blown Fuse!!)

TJCorsa
22-11-2005, 10:38 PM
Hello everybody, found the forum today and there is a lot of interesting stuff on it. I am hoping that someone can help me with a problem I'm having with my '00 Bora TDi (110).

Over the last couple of weeks it seems to keep losing all of its getup and go, at first I thought that the turbo had blown but there was no smoke evident?? I called out the RAC to have a look at it and the guy changed a fuse that had blown (15 amp) and when I drove the car it was fine.

The car then carried on running fine for a couple of weeks until I was driving home from London last week when the same thing happened, sure enough the fuse had blown again. I popped in another one and off I went.

The only common element to this happening is that on each occasion is has happened when the outside temperature has dropped to below freezing. I am due to drive to Glasgow this weekend coming and am not that confident in doing around 700 miles in the car without taking a large supply of 15 amp fuses with me!!

If anybody has experienced this problem what seemed to rectify the problem.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Trevor.

stuart
23-11-2005, 10:29 AM
Hi, Thanks for joining the site :)

Not sure on the fuse causing the problem , but a real common cause on TDi engines for loss of power, is the air flow metre, or MAF sensor, same thing just different term for it.

These cost around £80.00 plus vat I belive.

Hope this helps

Stuart

TJCorsa
23-11-2005, 11:19 PM
Thanks for the prompt reply, luckily a friend of mine is a parts manager for a VW dealer in Kent so I'll give him a call.