PDA

View Full Version : Important Help - what does this symbol mean?

fronkdt
11-01-2009, 02:39 PM
PLease can someone tell me what this symbol means and what I need to do to remove it. It only appeared this morning and as I have no manual I cannot find this out.
Thanks!

mad-for-tar
11-01-2009, 02:45 PM
That light appears when the engine management system has detected and registered a fault in its system. You need to get the engine controller scanned by someone who has VAG-COM or a similar diagnostic machine to see what the fault(s) is/are.

Have you noticed any difference in the normal running/operation of the engine since this appeared?

fronkdt
11-01-2009, 02:51 PM
No, but it didn't want to start this morning (this is quite commen for my car, can happen any time of day) but this morning it felt like it couldn't even be bothered to try!
Apart from that it is the same.
How do I go about finding someone that can run a check? Do I have to go to a garage?
Thanks for your help.

meathead
11-01-2009, 03:37 PM
Google VAG-COM. There is a list on Uk-MKIVS.NET of people who'll scan your car for a pint!

zollaf
11-01-2009, 03:39 PM
do you have AA cover. if so give them a call. they will come out to your dead car, find the fault code, and go from there.

mad-for-tar
11-01-2009, 03:41 PM
Or go to the VAG-COM users section on the forum here and find someone who is located close to you, drop them a line and see if they will be able to help, either that or as zollaf said above.

fronkdt
11-01-2009, 03:49 PM
Thanks, all of u for your help. FOund someone who is local, will try and get hold of them!

meathead
11-01-2009, 05:22 PM
Don't forget to use the "Rep" button :)