PDA

View Full Version : R8 videos and specs

jody
28-02-2007, 06:31 PM
Thought you Audi fans might be interested in these two R8 Videos: - spam removed -
Looks like an awesome car. Can't wait to actually see one, the only thing I'm not sure about is the side air inducts.

Teutonic_Tamer
03-03-2007, 01:48 AM
Now if that post above ain't blatant spam . . .

jody
05-03-2007, 10:44 AM
Hi Sean,

It wasn't meant to be spam. I was hoping it would of interest to you Audi fans.

I think Audi have done a good job with the launch of their first super car. Its a shame it isn't going to the v10 in there, guess we will have to wait for that one.

I know we sell cars and finance but that wasn't why I wrote the article, it was because I thought the R8 is a nice addition to the Audi range.

Apologies, I will try and write more interest articles.

Cheers

Jody

Teutonic_Tamer
05-03-2007, 05:38 PM
Hi Sean,

It wasn't meant to be spam. I was hoping it would of interest to you Audi fans.

Hmmm . . . I think the jury is still out on the spam issue. Afterall, this was your one and only post on this site, and the link went straight to a finance company . . .

I think Audi have done a good job with the launch of their first super car.

Oh, but I dont think this is Audis first supercar - what about the S1? ;)

Its a shame it isn't going to the v10 in there, guess we will have to wait for that one.

Agreed, the V10 is a stonking power plant, and the S6 and S8 really don't do it any justice!

I know we sell cars and finance but that wasn't why I wrote the article, it was because I thought the R8 is a nice addition to the Audi range.

OK, I'm sure your intentions were honourable, but the inital impression was from a commercial company, selling finance - probably not the best start to your forray into www.vwaudiforum.co.uk (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk). At least you had the decency to respond to my criticism, and I give you credit for that. :approve:

Apologies, I will try and write more interest articles.

OK, I'm sure we all look forward to them.

Rgds :beerchug:

Sam
05-03-2007, 06:14 PM
Jody if you're here on a purely business basis then I'm afraid you'll get clouted with the Ban stick shortly.

If you're here to learn about or help with the VAG range then welcome aboard.

jody
05-03-2007, 06:33 PM
Hi Sam,

I am here to get involved and contribute. I do write articles for a car/finance company and every now and again they allow me to write about something interesting e.g. the audi r8. I thought it would be a good way to get involved in your forum.

I am not here to sell anything or promote.

Tomorrow I will rewrite the R8 article to ensure it says completely on topic. e.g. here are the spec's and two videos that might of interest.

Cheers

Jody

Teutonic_Tamer
05-03-2007, 07:17 PM
Jody if you're here on a purely business basis then I'm afraid you'll get clouted with the Ban stick shortly.

Whoops - what have I gone and done? ;) :D

If you're here to learn about or help with the VAG range then welcome aboard.

Aye, she deserves a second chance, at the end of the day, we all make mistakes!

stuart
05-03-2007, 08:00 PM
Hi Jody

I have no objection to contributing to the site, as long as it is not adverts for other businesses, or anything that could be classed as SPAM. The rules of the site are Instant ban for anyone posting or sending spam.

Stuart

Sam
06-03-2007, 10:47 AM
Hi Sam,

I am here to get involved and contribute. I do write articles for a car/finance company and every now and again they allow me to write about something interesting e.g. the audi r8. I thought it would be a good way to get involved in your forum.

I am not here to sell anything or promote.

Tomorrow I will rewrite the R8 article to ensure it says completely on topic. e.g. here are the spec's and two videos that might of interest.

Cheers

Jody

Jody thanks for the reply.

My gripe was the site on which the article was hosted, not the content.

Had you written the article and placed it in a new thread here that would have been great.

Either way, I appreciate both the article and the fact you replied.

Niall76
11-03-2007, 04:38 PM
What about the Gumpert Apollo? That's based on Audi

Teutonic_Tamer
11-03-2007, 07:36 PM
What about the Gumpert Apollo?

What, I thought that was a Tom Hanks movie! ;) :D

Teutonic_Tamer
12-03-2007, 08:53 AM
What about the Gumpert Apollo? That's based on Audi

Actually, its not really based on an Audi at all.

The only Audi connection is that the designer, Roland Gumpert, is a former Audi employee; and that the car uses an Audi sourced 4.2 V8 - tuned to 800bhp. I don't seem to recall any 800bhp Audi ! ;)

AJunior
02-02-2009, 03:04 PM
http://www.topspeed.com/cars/audi/2009-audi-r8-v10-52-fsi-ar67874.html