PDA

View Full Version : Eos Tyre Wear Problems

Elsie
10-01-2009, 02:17 PM
Has anyone else had problems with tyre wear on Eos. Bought car new driven 11500 miles both front tyres needed changing and both back tyres worn on inner 25% so also need changing. Careful woman driver not aggressive. Had couple of VW Passats before - tyres lasted a lot longer!
Car Eos Individual 2.0TDI

Jon555
11-01-2009, 04:06 PM
:( We have the same problem on our VW 2.0 TDi EOS (18" wheels), we have had car from new and have x2 small children so the car is driven very carefully, The tyres have worn on front only 12k and the inside of the tyres are very worn. Previously we had Mk5 golf and the 17" tyres lasted 2.5 years before replacing. I will contact VW tomorrow and post their relpy. Thanks for info it's not just my car ( Tyres 235/40 ZR18 95Y ) Continental!

Elsie
11-01-2009, 04:50 PM
Let me know how you get on. My VW dealer not very helpful - adamant nothing wrong with car must be tyres but wouldn't say they supplied me with brand new car with faulty tyres though!
Dealer kept asking if I had swopped front/back tyres - I hadn't - He said there has been probs with uneven tyre wear with Golf Chassis.
I think my tyres are Continentals Sports - not too sure - lady driver not technically minded!

darrancampbell
12-01-2009, 09:16 AM
Hello

Are your tyres directional tyres (there should be an arrow pointing
the running directional of the tyre)? the arrow is on the sidewall
of the tyre as in pictutre below see number 14 on the diagram!

Jon555
18-01-2009, 10:11 PM
I took the car in to VW dealer yesterday and much like you they are telling me that the tyres are not covered under warranty, but did say that there is nothing wrong with car!
The service guy basically said you have x2 options, fit a budget tyre which will be more hard waring but I will not get the performance, or spend £199 per tyre for replacements. I think I will start to shop around:(

zollaf
18-01-2009, 10:32 PM
how much tread is left on the outside of the back tyres? if they are worn on the inner edge but hardly worn on the outer edge, then something is wrong with the car. mazda had a serious problem with the same happening on the mazda 5, and it was down to bad alignment. this took a while for them to admit there was a fault, but got it sorted in the end. has your car been 4 wheel aligned to ensure the tracking/caster and camber angles are correct?

Dr1deck
27-01-2009, 09:44 PM
I have a 2007 Audi Cabriolet with the same 18inch 235 continental tyres and get a similar mileage and also the inner wear on the rear tyres.

Continentals are quite soft and dont give a good mileage. I have since tried other makes which last longer but they are noisier.

Jon555
15-02-2009, 05:00 PM
Thanks for info! Just looked at rear tyres closely, you are spot on Rear tyres are wearing considerably same as front. I will contact VW dealership in the morning again!

Thanks