PDA

View Full Version : beetle engine help please

beetleboy
09-01-2009, 08:51 PM
ok, further to my last post, im getting there now, had a great reply to my question, which was why can my local non vw garage get no communication from my ecu on my beetle

No communication with an ECU is not uncommon for various reasons.

so dont i need to fix this then as the car drives ok?

also regards to the idle problem, told all that needs is the throttle body to be cleaned out which is a common problem.

so basically, im asking, do i need to bother with the ecu fault, as told its common, so shall i just leave it, or is it fixable without to much cost.

the throttle body il get done.

kenney
09-01-2009, 10:25 PM
Hi No, if you have no real problems,untill something goes wrong with the engine management,then you will need to access the ECU to find the fault.Tell your garage to try and remove the connector to the radio,and see then if they can access the ECU

beetleboy
09-01-2009, 10:31 PM
oh cool,

is that the radio fuse or just take radio out? i have got one of those can scanner things, orange one for vw, it scans 4 boxes, then just stops, so i guess thats not getting a reading either

kenney
09-01-2009, 10:48 PM
You need to remove the radio,and the connector to the radio.But the main issue is that you have the correct diagnostic equipment.

beetleboy
09-01-2009, 10:55 PM
its a can u281 that i have