PDA

View Full Version : Memoscan VAG 5053 & New Beetle fault

tezbot58
08-01-2009, 11:23 PM
2004 New Beetle 1400cc manual petrol 28,000 miles mil showing:zx11:

Hi, my daughters Beetle has the following re occurring fault codes

P0134 oxygen sensor bank one sensor one (no activity) this is the sensor before the cat.

P0139,oxygen sensor Bank one sensor two (response too slow) this is the sensor after the cat.

P1198 oxygen Bank one sensor two (electrical malfunction).

After clearing the fault codes down they re appear after around 80 miles of driving. It used to go a couple of hundred miles before the mil came on but now comes on sooner.

The car recently passed an mot test and the car drives normally.

Recently another fault code has shown up

P0571 Brake switch (F) implausible signal.

Given that the car has only done 28,000 miles and runs ok can anyone shed any light on what may be causing the problems.
Thanks for any help. The brake switch was the culprit and was renewed, the lambda sensor before the cat was also faulty and renewed and the car runs normally. Sorry about the long delay in responding but thought it might help someone with the same symptoms. Thanks again to Crasher.

Crasher
09-01-2009, 12:09 AM
The brake light switch is clear cut, it needs a new one. The other issues may be that one or both lambda sensors are faulty or that a problem in the engine has caused failure of these sensors. Some time spent studying measuring blocks would be needed.

tezbot58
09-01-2009, 11:26 AM
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Crasher. I will do some checks and post the results.