PDA

View Full Version : Headlamp levelling

DafC
08-01-2009, 07:28 PM
Having bought and installed the bulbs recommended in an earlier thread (Phillips Xtreme power). Yes they are much better! I can't seem to get the levelling right. How do you actually level the headlamps? My dipped beams seem too low and my mains too high. Is there a way to adjust the mains separately to the dips? I seem to have a black void between the two at the mo'. Excuse my ignorance.

Audi A4 56 reg.

kodkod.84
08-01-2009, 09:46 PM
DafC

OK I would look at the bulbs again as the first time I fitted them to my car I was lighting up the back of peoples heads in the car ahead and making them reach for the dip switch on their rear view mirrors!

You have to be very careful that the bulbs click into the holder dead straight in the reflector hood, otherwise the beam will be all over the place, even just slightly on an angle they will not be at the right level.

The black void you mention as well suggests this is the case, also there is a little dial next to the light switch with 0-3 on it, this levels the lights as well.

My first port of call would be to check the bulb angles in the holders, if you can park up in front of a wall/garage in the dark you will see if the light pattern is level for both sides easier.

Good luck

Liam

DafC
08-01-2009, 10:06 PM
Sounds good; will give it a go. Will be next week though, as i'm off for a few days. Thanks.