PDA

View Full Version : Paring Nokia with car

Darren C
07-01-2009, 10:26 PM
My A4 came with a cradle in the armrest for a Nokia 6230. After much searching I managed to buy a new 6230.

With the phone in the cradle it connects with the car and charges. I can make and receive calls hands free, but the display in the multi media unit, say no phone detected???????

With blue tooth on I can connect and make and receive calls hands free, you get the connection chimes over the speakers when you turn the ignition on and off, yet the multi media screen still says no phone detected???

Can anyone help as I would like to down load my phone book and use the voice activated system?

Kind regards
Darren

PS with the voice command the car states there are no entries in the phone book, so it's not overloaded from previous owners.

kodkod.84
07-01-2009, 11:13 PM
Do you have the multi-function steering wheel? If so, press the MODE button when the phone connects via bluetooth and it should display 'please wait' whilst loading the phonebook.

By multi-media unit do you mean the DIS screen in the middle of the speedo / rev counter as my one sometimes says Please Insert Phone but never 'No Phone Detected'

Ben
07-01-2009, 11:24 PM
there maybe a setting in the phone somewhere, that suggests that an external device can read the phone book. I have seen this option but can't recall its location in the phone. Try blue tooth settings or phonebook settings maybe.

also, the contacts may need to be on the sim card rather than the phone memory.

Darren C
07-01-2009, 11:59 PM
Thanks,

The text screen in between the clocks I think says O2, which is the network I'm on so it must see the phone...I'll check this tomorrow as its too cold out now.

Yes I do have the multi function wheel.

When I say multi media, I mean my Audi sat nav/radio/dvd/cd station in my centre console. When you press the "telephone" button along the bottom row of switches beneath the screen, two horizontal lines move in from the top and bottom of the screen and a message says "telephone not detected"

Regards
Darren

kodkod.84
08-01-2009, 12:49 AM
Ah OK yeah I have just got the bog standard Symphony II head unit, so I wouldn't get this message, so can't help any further, sorry.

Oh by the way if you want a different phone in the future, pop into Audi or look on the net there are different cradles that fit on the armrest connector for a quite a few different phone models.