PDA

View Full Version : Modding my 2.7T A6

giblets
28-02-2007, 11:36 AM
:1zhelp: I've just spent a few quid doing the following:

New Front Wishbones, disks and pads all round and bushes (£600.00), new timing belt (£250.00), new clutch (£600.00), new tyres (£600.00) and full-on engine service (200.00).

Reason is, I bought the car for £3750 which is £2250 under book value when I got it, so worth spending a few quid.

Suffice to say, the car runs like a dream, sticks to the road like glue, is quick as hell and all the more enjoyable for it. The problem is, I get blown away by stupid cars and this really annoys me, you know those 'orrible little Impreza's, Mitsubishi's and Honda Civic Type 'R's.

I'm thinking of spending a few more bob on getting it chipped (300bhp), new exhaust (350bhp) and in the longer term new K04 turbos (550 bhp).

Edited to add: The car is currently factory standard in ALL respects, including the replacement parts listed above.

Now, bearing in mind I prefer the wolf-in-sheeps-clothing philosophy and have removed the badges wot say A6, 2.7T and Quattro, I would like to hear your recommendations on the following:

The best, discreet exhaust package, who the best chipping bods are in the South East, who will do the K04 upgrades and most importantly, what else I need to get done to stop me flinging myself into the trees with me new power; for example, am I going to the the RS6 clutch instead, will I need to do the shocks, air intakes etc?

A chocolate biscuit to the best response . . .:firedevil

Niall76
28-02-2007, 01:39 PM
You need to remember that your shifting about 2 tonnes of weight there. Plus it's a long wheelbase car so while it's good in the corners for such a large heavy beast it's never going to be a match for a light nimble car.

If you really want to blow them away then get the K04 turbo's - but it's going to cost you at the fuel pumps.

I'd also reccomend upgrading the brakes (discs and pads) as it's one of the best and most underated mods to any car.

VanWheeler
28-02-2007, 02:30 PM
I can do you a nice deal on a remap mate. I'm in herts if your interested.

:1zhelp: I've just spent a few quid doing the following:

New Front Wishbones, disks and pads all round and bushes (£600.00), new timing belt (£250.00), new clutch (£600.00), new tyres (£600.00) and full-on engine service (200.00).

Reason is, I bought the car for £3750 which is £2250 under book value when I got it, so worth spending a few quid.

Suffice to say, the car runs like a dream, sticks to the road like glue, is quick as hell and all the more enjoyable for it. The problem is, I get blown away by stupid cars and this really annoys me, you know those 'orrible little Impreza's, Mitsubishi's and Honda Civic Type 'R's.

I'm thinking of spending a few more bob on getting it chipped (300bhp), new exhaust (350bhp) and in the longer term new K04 turbos (550 bhp).

Edited to add: The car is currently factory standard in ALL respects, including the replacement parts listed above.

Now, bearing in mind I prefer the wolf-in-sheeps-clothing philosophy and have removed the badges wot say A6, 2.7T and Quattro, I would like to hear your recommendations on the following:

The best, discreet exhaust package, who the best chipping bods are in the South East, who will do the K04 upgrades and most importantly, what else I need to get done to stop me flinging myself into the trees with me new power; for example, am I going to the the RS6 clutch instead, will I need to do the shocks, air intakes etc?

A chocolate biscuit to the best response . . .:firedevil

giblets
28-02-2007, 02:54 PM
I can do you a nice deal on a remap mate. I'm in herts if your interested.

Sounds good to me. What can you give me on the remap and what will it cost?

The first stage of my plan is the remapping without the turbos or exhaust as it's the most affordable. I know I'll have to remap at each stage, but ce la vie.

What experience/data have you got for remapping the 2.7T (99/00)?

giblets
28-02-2007, 02:59 PM
You need to remember that your shifting about 2 tonnes of weight there. Plus it's a long wheelbase car so while it's good in the corners for such a large heavy beast it's never going to be a match for a light nimble car.

If you really want to blow them away then get the K04 turbo's - but it's going to cost you at the fuel pumps.

I'd also reccomend upgrading the brakes (discs and pads) as it's one of the best and most underated mods to any car.

Good point. It works out at about 1.8 tons, which I never realised until you mentioned it - it feels so nimble already!

So we are talking about better shocks, ESC and brakes, not to mention banging the clutch up to an RS6. I could simply bung a bunch of RS6 components on couldn't I?

VanWheeler
28-02-2007, 04:41 PM
PM sent mate.

Sounds good to me. What can you give me on the remap and what will it cost?

The first stage of my plan is the remapping without the turbos or exhaust as it's the most affordable. I know I'll have to remap at each stage, but ce la vie.

What experience/data have you got for remapping the 2.7T (99/00)?