PDA

View Full Version : Question Water in Battery Compartment

taffrichards
06-01-2009, 10:33 PM
Hi my wife has an Audi A2 (2002) and the battery compartment fills up with water over a few weeks depending on the weather. Have tried using a hosepipe on the car to replicate the rain, however I still can't seem to find where the water is getting in. Any suggestions would be greatly appericated.
Thanks
Stephen:beerchug:

STEWY L
06-01-2009, 10:44 PM
through the radiator, as vapour,and condensing in the warm engine compartment possibly?

Sarge786
28-01-2009, 07:32 PM
Hi my wife has an Audi A2 (2002) and the battery compartment fills up with water over a few weeks depending on the weather. Have tried using a hosepipe on the car to replicate the rain, however I still can't seem to find where the water is getting in. Any suggestions would be greatly appericated.
Thanks
Stephen:beerchug:
Your fault is under the rear bumper, on both corners of the car under the rear lights, there is vent panels, bad sealing around these vent panels causes water to run into the rear compartment. If it helps I can show you a picture let me know.

Regards
SARGE

shauns
28-01-2009, 09:27 PM
leaves and dirt build up where the battery compartment is. there is a drainage thing in there which needs unblocking, i had the same problem my self this week too. hope this helps!

Is it coming in on the front passanger side?

Sarge786
28-01-2009, 09:30 PM
leaves and dirt build up where the battery compartment is. there is a drainage thing in there which needs unblocking, i had the same problem my self this week too. hope this helps!

Is it coming in on the front passanger side?

The battery compartment on the Audi A2 is in the floor in the boot.

SARGE