PDA

View Full Version : Audi A4 2001 Fault code help

audia8quattro
06-01-2009, 08:09 PM
Hi, i have been having problems with the central locking on my dad's Audi A4 1.8T Quattro Sport. The car will not unlock/lock on the remote control fob, unless i have taken the car for a long drive. The car unlocks/locks fine with the key in the drivers door. Also on VAG-com the drivers door only registers as being shut on the measuring blocks. I have tried changing the complete lock unit on the drivers door, but the problem still persists.
I have checked the central convenience ecu for damage/water, it looks fine.
The follows faults are listed when i connect VAG-com to the central convenience ECU.
01366 - Opened due to crash signal, 35-00 - Open circuit.
01366 - Opened due to crash signal, 36-00 - Open circuit.
14405 - Unknown fault code, 50-00 Setting(Early) not reached.
14645 - Unknown fault code, 57-00 - Electric Circuit failure.

I suspect that the ecu is cooked, as VAG-com messes around connecting to it.
Can anyone help? Any help is really appreciated!!
Also if i do change the central convenience ecu, how do i match the fobs to it?
Many thanks in advance!

Mstar
06-01-2009, 09:28 PM
Remembering from an older Audi 100 (1991) model that central locking works with vacuum but not sure this model is the same. When lcoking/opening soft buzzing could be heard and not the quite loud clack from electric motors.

audia8quattro
06-01-2009, 10:04 PM
The central locking is all electric on this model.

paul b
07-01-2009, 12:43 AM
Not sure what you should do next.

But I know how to code the remote keys to the CCU. Put the old CCU in, read it for the softcoding and WSC number, then install the new one. Go into VAG-COM again, and hit re-code. You put the two numbers back in again, and all should be well. :)

Paul

audia8quattro
07-01-2009, 10:48 AM
Thanks for that.
Does anyone know where i can check out the fault codes i have listed?

bearthebruce
07-01-2009, 02:46 PM
Thanks for that.
Does anyone know where i can check out the fault codes i have listed?

Yes. Visit the Ross-Tech Wiki:
01366 (http://wiki.ross-tech.com/index.php/01366)

The unknown fault codes are not found there. Can't help with those.

audia8quattro
11-01-2009, 09:15 PM
I've reprogrammmed the keys using vag com, but still no change!
Is it likely to be the control unit at fault? or could it be anything else?

paul b
12-01-2009, 02:32 PM
I've reprogrammmed the keys using vag com, but still no change!
Is it likely to be the control unit at fault? or could it be anything else?
Now, it could be one of two things.

1) The CCU is ruined.

2) The key has died.

When recoding the keys, does the value start at 0, then you change it to 1, does it return to 0 next time you enter?

Paul

audia8quattro
13-01-2009, 10:48 AM
When i go into adaptation on the ccu the value stored for number of keys always says 0, according to audiworld this normal. When i program it, it says 'recognised', but still stays at 0.
When i go into measuring blocks, each key position 1,2,3 are recognised when i press the buttons.
I also tried the manual method, which is to put one key in the ignition, turn it on, lock the car manually with the other key, then press a button on the fob.
The indicator lights flashed as to recognise the key, and it unlocked 10 seconds later using the fob. But unfortunately this only worked once, afterwards it didn't want to know again!
What i can't understand is, after taking the car for a really long run, the fobs work normally, then pack up again 10-15 minutes later.
Any more help is much appreciated!

paul b
13-01-2009, 02:35 PM
I'm pretty sure they should not return to 0. They don't in my Audi, nor my van. No doubt somebody with a bit more knowledge will come along soon...

Paul

audia8quattro
14-01-2009, 12:52 PM
Would that suggest a control unit fault? cheers.

paul b
14-01-2009, 06:59 PM
Would that suggest a control unit fault? cheers.
Yes, and/or the keys.

audia8quattro
14-01-2009, 08:20 PM
Could both keys be faulty?

bearthebruce
14-01-2009, 09:10 PM
It's possible but I would think it unlikely.

paul b
21-01-2009, 11:16 PM
They could both be faulty, but I would fit a new CCU, if they've both stopped working because they've died at the same time you're very unlucky!

I fitted a new CCU to my T5, because the R/C/L wouldn't work, on either key. Replaced it, re-coded using the old code, then re-adapted the keys and one worked perfectly. I am assuming the other key is dead.

Sounds like you have a very similar problem.

Paul