PDA

View Full Version : Electric Window Problems

mjom89
05-01-2009, 06:46 PM
Now this problem isnt actually with my golf, but with a friends, which is a 05 2.0 GT TDi 140.

The windows work fine when the engine is running, but if you leave the drivers window down and switch the ignition off, then hold the window switch up, the window comes up a fraction , then stops and goes all the way down to the bottom, even though you are holding the switch up.

The only way to get around it, is to switch the ignition back on, and the window goes all the way to the top! What could this be?!

Also, it seems to turn over a lot longer than it should. Could this be the glow plugs or something else? It is much worse at starting first thing, but still takes longer than it should (or longer than my 57 golf) when it is warm?

Thanks in advance

radox
06-01-2009, 10:49 AM
That window behaviour doesn't sound right. You should be able to operate the windows normally after turning off the ignition for a few minutes so long as you don't open a door. The auto feature won't work though - i.e. you have to keep holding the switch.

The windows shouldn't just move a fraction and then reverse. Sounds like it thinks there is an obstruction. The poor starting might also be related. I'd get the battery checked to start off with.

Hope that helps,
Stuart
http://www.stuartdalby.co.uk/vwgolfmk5

dreboi
06-01-2009, 12:13 PM
Again i have a similar problem with my 04 plate...however, this happens regardless of whether the engine is on or off and is intermittent