PDA

View Full Version : Tuning!

jade12378
05-01-2009, 11:03 AM
As I'm new on this fab forum i'd firstly like to say hi to everyone.

I have 2 questions that I'm sure someone out there can answer for me:
1) Is there a strut brace available yet for the B8 Avant?
2) If the car gets chipped/remapped does this affect the manufacturers warranty?

Cheers guys.

onemanparty
05-01-2009, 03:55 PM
As I'm new on this fab forum i'd firstly like to say hi to everyone.

I have 2 questions that I'm sure someone out there can answer for me:
1) Is there a strut brace available yet for the B8 Avant?
2) If the car gets chipped/remapped does this affect the manufacturers warranty?

Cheers guys.

Welcome

Can not answer No 1 but No 2 yes the warranty would be void if discovered during any warranty work

motechmike
05-01-2009, 04:54 PM
Ring Northampton or Bedford Audi up and they will sell you a re-map ... :p

Mike

jade12378
06-01-2009, 10:56 PM
Thanks guys for ur responses - have to wait best part of 3 years for the re-tune then unfortunately!:(

motechmike
07-01-2009, 11:39 AM
Thanks guys for ur responses - have to wait best part of 3 years for the re-tune then unfortunately!:(

ring you Audi Dealer they might be able to offer it too,

Mike

jade12378
07-01-2009, 12:09 PM
ring you Audi Dealer they might be able to offer it too,

Mike
Ok, cheers for that Mike, I'll give them a try.

joeainscow
07-01-2009, 08:24 PM
Hi.
In regards to question 2 it all depends upon the garage you take it too. My local VW garage have no problem with it and i still have the full warranty. If you get a chip fitted instead of a remap then they'll never know. I got my car chipped instead of remapped after the problems my friend had with his A3 and the remap. I used a company called "Tunit" who specialize in "plug and play" devices. These simply plug in BEFORE your engines ECU.

The importance of this is that if the chip is causing too mch fuel or power from your engine the factory engine safety parameters will flash up a fault on your dash and put your car into limp mode to protect your engine from damage. As a result of this your car will be tuned to just below the boundaries of your engine safety/warranty levels. Therefore many garages will say you can keep your warranty if you use a tunit. Best to ask first though. Unlike many of the other remaps it is actually impossible to damage your engine via this form of chip. Tunit actually support this so much that they'll give you a free 3 yr engine warranty from the date of purchase of the chip.

I've not had any problems with the chip on my golf or Hilux. The golf is rolling road verified at 172bhp from a standard 130 and torque is up to 300lb's!!! :aargh4: All of this from just the chip and no other form of tuning. The toyota hilux gains where instantly noticeable too. The reason i mentioned the hilux is that for the first year our garage said a chip would void our warranty. But since the chips are plug and play they can be fitted or removed in under ten mins by anyone without any tools. So we simply just took out the chip before each service and the beauty of it is it leaves no trace at all.

Hope this is of use.

Many thanks
Joe

jade12378
07-01-2009, 08:44 PM
Hi.
In regards to question 2 it all depends upon the garage you take it too. My local VW garage have no problem with it and i still have the full warranty. If you get a chip fitted instead of a remap then they'll never know. I got my car chipped instead of remapped after the problems my friend had with his A3 and the remap. I used a company called "Tunit" who specialize in "plug and play" devices. These simply plug in BEFORE your engines ECU.

The importance of this is that if the chip is causing too mch fuel or power from your engine the factory engine safety parameters will flash up a fault on your dash and put your car into limp mode to protect your engine from damage. As a result of this your car will be tuned to just below the boundaries of your engine safety/warranty levels. Therefore many garages will say you can keep your warranty if you use a tunit. Best to ask first though. Unlike many of the other remaps it is actually impossible to damage your engine via this form of chip. Tunit actually support this so much that they'll give you a free 3 yr engine warranty from the date of purchase of the chip.

I've not had any problems with the chip on my golf or Hilux. The golf is rolling road verified at 172bhp from a standard 130 and torque is up to 300lb's!!! :aargh4: All of this from just the chip and no other form of tuning. The toyota hilux gains where instantly noticeable too. The reason i mentioned the hilux is that for the first year our garage said a chip would void our warranty. But since the chips are plug and play they can be fitted or removed in under ten mins by anyone without any tools. So we simply just took out the chip before each service and the beauty of it is it leaves no trace at all.

Hope this is of use.

Many thanks
Joe
Wow! Impressive figures. I like the sound of this & i'll be looking into it in more detail.

Thanks Joe.

onemanparty
07-01-2009, 09:01 PM
MFR Warranty does not cover any mods does not matter which Audi Centre you take it too. I think your trying to say is that a dealer may turn a blind eye to this if claiming warranty from Audi UK!!!

joeainscow
07-01-2009, 09:10 PM
That is probably the case as with Toyota. But nine times out of ten if you say you'll take your custom to another audi garage instead especially in todays economic climate they'll more than likely say yes. If on the off chance they wont let you, you can simply jst remove the chip before each service. Ten minutes of your time to remove and replace your chip before and after your service is well worth it for all the extra power and improved mpg you get.

Joe

sunil1234
09-01-2009, 02:34 PM
i thought i read somewhere that the mtm remap via audi dealer is covered?

onemanparty
09-01-2009, 07:44 PM
MTM & ABT are not covered in the UK - As these are not recommended by the MFR.

motechmike
11-01-2009, 05:19 PM
i thought i read somewhere that the mtm remap via audi dealer is covered?

Try ur local audi dealer see if they sell anything..

Mike

ScottyUK
18-01-2009, 10:33 AM
Hi,

My first post so sorry if it comes in all high and mighty but there's quite a bit of misinformation in this thread.

Remapping doesn't invalidate your warranty.

Do you really think that if they know you have had it remapped and for example your wipers pack in then they'll turn you away? It's against EU legislation.

It's simply the case that if the mod causes a fault then the rectification/investigation costs would have to be born by you....which is about an reasonable person could expect.

For clarity Audi UK don't support any post factory performance mods.

bodger1961
29-03-2009, 05:25 PM
super chips carry a warranty can pass you a number midlands area

drmartin
29-03-2009, 09:38 PM
Try these www.racechip.de

I have one fitted and they are very good, they take about 2 mins to fit and can be removed completely for servicing etc.. delivery is a bit slow, but top class product.