PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Door will not open!, but window works!

fordyjohn
03-01-2009, 07:09 PM
Hi all well here goes, my passenger side electric window stopped working, on investigation found the retaining clips had broken and the cables were all chewed up, so i got a repair kit and replaced all the damaged bits.
So chuffed even checked it and all worked perfectly, now here is the thing, i then shut the door and guess what the door now wont open from the outside or the inside :aargh4:, the car is not remote central locking and i can see the door handles operating the lock mechanism externally but the door will not open
any ideas ??????????? please

nbautos
04-01-2009, 03:41 AM
Hi had a similar problem with mine luckly my door card was of. It the latch mechanism that is at fault i bought a second hand one but they garage said that you should always buy a new one. What you will have to do is if your door card isn't of they you will have to cut it of and break the latch mechanism with a hammer and replace it

:Blush:

nebrog23
04-01-2009, 12:27 PM
I had this problem after I had changed my window regulator. I had pulled a tab to tight on the door handle. If you pull the handle open, you will see a little plastic tab seated in the handle. This is connected to the door lock. Try forcing it inwards ti slacken it. Having it too tight seems to prevent the mechanism returning. If its not that maybe the lock has seized and might mean cutting the door card off.

http://www.agthompsonfamily.com/vw/WindowRegulator19.jpg

fordyjohn
12-01-2009, 12:45 AM
Cheers and thanks
However I ended up taking the back door off, so I could get to door lock bolt, undid it pulled the lock out something went pop and hey presto the door opened, so happy and re-leaved.
I then striped the door totally apart so i could see how everything fits together then put it back together and it now works perfectly well.:biglaugh: