PDA

View Full Version : Audi A4 8H Airbag and Cruse control activation with VAGCOM

Stromsted
02-01-2009, 12:34 PM
HI All :o

I just installed a cruse control in my Audi A4 8H cabriolet (2002 model) (the physical part anyways).

While installing It, I had to remove the steering wheel and Airbag – no big deal, you just have to remember to disconnect the battery unit while doing so.

After refitting the steering wheel and airbag, and the airbag fault light is on – this is all expected, and just as it should be, but I don’t know how to reset it :confused:?.

My question is therefore, what is the “code” using VAG COM, to “reactivate/reset” the drivers steering wheel airbag? AND what is the VAG COM code for activating the Cruse control?.

If the questions are already answered in a different thread, then I apologies, but I couldn’t find it using the search function :Blush2:.

Btw, is anybody interested in a guide of how to install the audi cruse control (when I’m done)?

Thanks in advance :1zhelp:.

Best regards

R. Stroemsted.

Issac Hunt
02-01-2009, 02:15 PM
Using VAG-COM go to address 15 (airbags) and clear the fault codes.

Stromsted
02-01-2009, 11:25 PM
Using VAG-COM go to address 15 (airbags) and clear the fault codes.
Thanks, your input did the job with the airbag lights :beerchug:.
But I still can’t figure how to get the Cruise Control working?

After my original post I found a how-to, that describes the installation in detail, and it seems to have it all covered, but I just cant seem to get the inputs working on my car. (it can be found at http://www.harddrive.plus.com/Documents/A4/A4%20Cruise%20Control.pdf)

I'm supposed to configure the steering wheel with the upgraded cruise control, and using VAG-COM to input:

Option 16 (steering), 07 coding, and input:

(I have a A4 Cabriolet, with board computer, 3 spoke sports wheel, manual transmission, and Cruise Control), and the options are (http://wiki.ross-tech.com/index.php/Audi_A4_(8E)_Steering_Wheel#Coding) (http://wiki.ross-tech.com/index.php/Audi_A4_%288E%29_Steering_Wheel#Coding%29):

0?xxx: Steering Wheel

0 = Standard (without Multifunction)
1 = 3-Spoke Steering Wheel (Sport Steering Wheel)
2 = Multifunction Steering Wheel with Radio Control
3 = Multifunction Steering Wheel with Radio/Telephone Control
4 = Multifunction Steering Wheel with Radio/Telephone/Voice Control
5 = Multifunction Steering Wheel with Radio/Voice Control

0x?xx: Options

+1 = Tiptronic

0xx?x: Board Computer & Cruise Control

0 = Board Computer & Cruise Control not installed
1 = Board Computer installed
2 = Cruise Control installed
4 = Board Computer & Cruise Control installed

0xxx?: Rear Wiper (Chassis)

1 = Rear Wiper not installed (Sedan/Cabriolet)
2 = Rear Wiper installed (Avant)

When I click ok/”Do it”, VAG-COM doesn’t store the values! Any ideas what I’m doing wrong?

Im using VAG-COM release 311.2N, could that be the problem?

/Regards..

Issac Hunt
03-01-2009, 09:34 AM
You also need to enter the login code to enable cruise in the engine ECU, Address [01] Coding [11] value 11463. I think your VAG-COM version could well be the problem. Get access to v.805 and you wont have any problems.

Stromsted
04-01-2009, 01:00 PM
You also need to enter the login code to enable cruise in the engine ECU, Address [01] Coding [11] value 11463. I think your VAG-COM version could well be the problem. Get access to v.805 and you wont have any problems.

I have done that (and thanks for the info, appreciate it)
And that worked without any problems:

Address 01 -------------------------------------------------------
Controller: 8E0 909 552 M
Component: 2.4L V6/5V G 0003
Coding: 0011504
Shop #: WSC 00672
1 Fault Found:
18107 - Powertrain Data Bus: Missing Message from Steering Wheel Electronics
P1699 - 008 - Implausible Signal
Readiness: 0110 1101

The fault is caused by the missing steering wheel value, so I think all I need now, is to make the DAMN thing work with the steering wheel ..Or rather, make the car accept the 01041 code!

Its so weird, cause I can change the value to i.e. 01011 or 01001 but I can't change the value to anything with a cruise control? (01021 or 01041) .

If the Cruise controller was broken wouldn't I be able to change the values?
The VAG-COM doesn’t seem to be checking for correct/working hardware in any of the other menus? So I can’t really see why this is becoming such a big problem for me.

/Rasmus

Issac Hunt
04-01-2009, 11:05 PM
You may need a steering ECU that supports cruise, whats the part number of your steering ECU? You can read it with VAG-COM.

Stromsted
07-01-2009, 09:28 PM
You may need a steering ECU that supports cruise, whats the part number of your steering ECU? You can read it with VAG-COM.

Is a:

Address 16 -------------------------------------------------------
Controller: 8E0 953 549 F
Component: Lenksáulenmodul 0308
Coding: 01011
Shop #: WSC 00672
No fault code found.

Can you tell me if I need to change the ECU? - and if so, where is it located?

Stromsted
11-01-2009, 10:22 PM

Anybody know where i can check compatibility/or if my ECU support Cruise controle?

/Regards.

Stromsted
21-01-2009, 12:22 AM
I still haven't figured this out, so if anyone has some advice, it would be greatly appreciated.

/Regards.

wmccann
02-03-2009, 04:27 PM
Hi,

Yes you need a new steering wheel controller - as far as I remember the ones ending in F cannot take cruise control and the ones ending in N or K can. It is not a very expensive part - I actually had Cruise control and DIS installed today to my A4 cabriolet and it took the guy 40 minutes to do both.

Talk to the guys at www.hazzydayz.com (http://www.hazzydayz.com) - they are very professional and very quick - seem to know what they are doing.

Regards,

Walter.