PDA

View Full Version : Question How to program comfort control module for VW Passat

justscottish
01-01-2009, 11:55 PM
Hi

Can anyone help with how to program a comfort control module CCM for VW Passat (01) model.

Also where to buy the CCM apart from the VW dealer, who are selling it for
£185 + VAT for a new one.

Part Number : 1C0 959 799 B

Thanks

:1zhelp:

Crasher
02-01-2009, 12:08 AM
Do you have a registered version of VAG-COM?

justscottish
02-01-2009, 09:16 PM
Hi Crasher

I'm new to all this, I don't have VAG-COM software at the moment.

I'll buy the software if it's it's easy enough to program ccm or shall I just take it to the VW dealer.

Got some prices for seceond hand ccm and the best one so far is £97.79

Thanks

Crasher
03-01-2009, 12:43 AM
The coding is easier if you can retrieve the code from the old unit. A registered version of the very old 409 level software will cost you a cable (the price varies tremendously but say £25) and then you have to register the software with Ross Tech which is $99.

Why do you need to replace the convenience unit, water damage?

justscottish
03-01-2009, 07:59 PM
About 8 months ago had issues with pollen filter seal got that repaired from VW dealer, but didn't know about the ccm getting demaged as well.:aargh4:

Last week as soon as put the alarm on it would go off, had a look through forum and found that it's a common problem with ccm and could also be the harness (see link below)

http://www.headfuzz.co.uk/?q=vw_ccm

There wasn't any water damage on the pcb and the harness was fine as well, took it to VW and they diagoned it to be the ccm. They had an old ccm which they've put in my car for now. Alarm is fine now but only one key works for arming/disarming and can't open boot from the driver side panel and also there is water damage marks on this ccm so not sure how long will this last!!!!!

At the bottom of the above link there is a post by wolfhunter and according to that the keys can be programmed every easily, I've followed the instruction but still the second key doesn't work. :confused:

Hence looking at available options.