PDA

View Full Version : Auxiliary input

moptisam2
01-01-2009, 12:07 PM
Has anyone any experience of attaching an iPod or MP3 player to the input in the front armrest compartment?

Any makes that work/don't work? Do you get a track listing on the car's display?

Thanks for any info.

rd1
01-01-2009, 12:26 PM
Hi,
from an Ipod, only sound I am afraid, connects between the headphone socket of the Ipod and the Aux socket. All control has to be via the device which makes it very difficult on the move and it will not charge the device.

To charge and play you need to put a 'socket to USB'adaptor in the front larger aux and then the second aux cable between the ipod headphone and the smaller aux. Ipod then gets lost in the wires!!
I was disappointed with this socket particularly when you lost the excellent SD's if you went for full MMI and sat nav etc. I had AMI retrofitted and now excellent interface with the IPod, all controls on the steering wheel and display etc working really well.
Roger

mkc
01-01-2009, 06:55 PM
any source with a 3.5mm output will work in the aux in but as already explained you only get sound. I am currently using used my ipod touch, and a htc touch hd. Various nokia phones and windows mobile devices i have all work fine. It is a pain and dangerous to try and mess with the track playing whilst its in the arm rest, so I make use of the cd, sd and various track orders and playlists on the ipod. With the ipod touch and htc touch hd they also make great movie players when stuck in traffic...............

moptisam2
02-01-2009, 10:34 AM
Thanks both for the info. I don't think I'll bother with an iPod for the car.

I think I'll invest in a few 4 GB SD cards that work.

Thanks again.